Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Every sport needs a villain.....could the Bucs be next? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#30 : April 09, 2011, 11:23:07 PM

Seems Blount is always the one to throw the first punch when the other guy isn't ready for the attack...

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 10, 2011, 12:03:26 AM

Seems Blount is always the one to throw the first punch when the other guy isn't ready for the attack...

Bottom line....who cares except for you and a bunch of sportscasters who have nothing better to talk about? All of Blounts antics happened on the football field. All these guys make their living hitting each other. Every game has about a dozen hits when the other guy didn't see it coming. Blount just happens to prefer to use his fist rather than his body like most of the other guys.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 10, 2011, 12:03:57 AM

Seems like they already have some haters. Let the haters hate!!!!

JDog

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 10, 2011, 12:06:59 AM

Blount just happens to prefer to use his fist rather than his body like most of the other guys.

Ya sure.   Those "hits" are exactly the same thing....   There's a reason that punching someone in the jaw is a penalty in the NFL.     That's not part of the game at all.   

I have no problem with grown men fighting.   I have a problem with thuggery and hitting someone who isn't expecting it.   Sucker punching is indefensible no matter how you want to spin it wearing your pewter colored shades.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 10, 2011, 12:07:32 AM

Seems like they already have some haters. Let the haters hate!!!!

here, here!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 10, 2011, 12:09:58 AM

If Blount was on the Jets, you guys would be calling him the devil - and calling him the thug that he is.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 10, 2011, 11:18:53 AM

In my mind, the Bucs are absolutely the villian team in the NFL.

big_JLB

Starter

#37 : April 10, 2011, 12:10:29 PM

In my mind, the Bucs are absolutely the villian team in the NFL.

but your mind is f***ed, and we all already know that  :-*

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 10, 2011, 02:08:51 PM

I don't see it to be honest.  The Bucs have light years to go to be the Raiders. Sure guys make mistakes like Blount or Mike. They are young fellas. It's the pattern that matters and I don't see a pattern with our guys.  Maybe Stevens, but we all know where he is now.  Off the team.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 10, 2011, 02:34:47 PM

When you put your hands on a man and laugh in his face, you should expect to be hit......NOT a sucker punch. The incident in the Titans TC in no way, shape, or form, could be described as a sucker punch. It was a straight up fight that continued after the play was over. Both cases were on video for anyone without a bias to see. I believe we have great character in the staff and in the players on this team. Blount has been a model citizen since he joined the Bucs. Mike Williams made a mistake, but so did the officers who arrested him. TJ has to see his career slipping away from him. He won't waste another opportunity. Stevens is history and Talib soon will be. The league will suspend him for a year. Hopefully the Bucs can trade him for a pick or a player who cares. This may be a team that thrives as the underdog, but their is nothing villainous about it.

As for Raheem Morris, he has been here nearly a decade and never done anything that didn't earn him a promotion. No scandals, no brushes with the law. He grew up in a neighborhood where many have ended up in graveyards or prison. He survived that and worked his way up to a job held by only 31 other men on the planet. The key word is worked. It's not often that a DB coach draws interest by his own team for the position of HC.The Denver franchise brought him in for an interview. Somehow, he attracted their attention. They knew about him. Lucky for us, the Glazers did too. They recognized his ability to relate to and communicate with the players, something Jon Gruden was never able to do. I will forever believe that, and his patchwork approach in acquiring players, is why he was fired. He simply could not cultivate any sense of loyalty with his players. Raheem Morris was the perfect solution to that problem. He and Mark Dominik immediately cut the dead wood, as much as possible, and started over from scratch. They made some mistakes, and corrected them when they could. Even when games were long since decided, Raheem's team never quit on him. They never quit this past season in the only two blowout losses they had.

The "experts" pegged the Bucs as the doormat of the league in 2010, even after what many of these same "experts" rated as one of the best drafts in a great draft year. 20 teams ended up with a worse record than the Bucs, despite that great draft. The majority of the playoff teams had a veteran base to build on. Actually, most of the teams that didn't make the playoffs did as well. The Bucs lost many of their starters, and simply went to their backups and PS to carry the load. It takes great leadership to win 10 games with the youngest team in the league. Raheem was criticized for his communication skills with the media, by "fans" and the media itself. I made the statement then that I only cared how well he communicated with his players and his staff. I believe he has put that question to rest.

The Bucs will only surprise the most obtuse of football fans in the coming years. They have a solid foundation of talent and character on this roster, and they will soon add more. They also have great leadership. I have no doubt they will be a playoff team for years to come.   

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 10, 2011, 02:41:22 PM

When you put your hands on a man and laugh in his face, you should expect to be hit......NOT a sucker punch. The incident in the Titans TC in no way, shape, or form, could be described as a sucker punch. It was a straight up fight that continued after the play was over. Both cases were on video for anyone without a bias to see. I believe we have great character in the staff and in the players on this team. Blount has been a model citizen since he joined the Bucs. Mike Williams made a mistake, but so did the officers who arrested him. TJ has to see his career slipping away from him. He won't waste another opportunity. Stevens is history and Talib soon will be. The league will suspend him for a year. Hopefully the Bucs can trade him for a pick or a player who cares. This may be a team that thrives as the underdog, but their is nothing villainous about it.

As for Raheem Morris, he has been here nearly a decade and never done anything that didn't earn him a promotion. No scandals, no brushes with the law. He grew up in a neighborhood where many have ended up in graveyards or prison. He survived that and worked his way up to a job held by only 31 other men on the planet. The key word is worked. It's not often that a DB coach draws interest by his own team for the position of HC.The Denver franchise brought him in for an interview. Somehow, he attracted their attention. They knew about him. Lucky for us, the Glazers did too. They recognized his ability to relate to and communicate with the players, something Jon Gruden was never able to do. I will forever believe that, and his patchwork approach in acquiring players, is why he was fired. He simply could not cultivate any sense of loyalty with his players. Raheem Morris was the perfect solution to that problem. He and Mark Dominik immediately cut the dead wood, as much as possible, and started over from scratch. They made some mistakes, and corrected them when they could. Even when games were long since decided, Raheem's team never quit on him. They never quit this past season in the only two blowout losses they had.

The "experts" pegged the Bucs as the doormat of the league in 2010, even after what many of these same "experts" rated as one of the best drafts in a great draft year. 20 teams ended up with a worse record than the Bucs, despite that great draft. The majority of the playoff teams had a veteran base to build on. Actually, most of the teams that didn't make the playoffs did as well. The Bucs lost many of their starters, and simply went to their backups and PS to carry the load. It takes great leadership to win 10 games with the youngest team in the league. Raheem was criticized for his communication skills with the media, by "fans" and the media itself. I made the statement then that I only cared how well he communicated with his players and his staff. I believe he has put that question to rest.

The Bucs will only surprise the most obtuse of football fans in the coming years. They have a solid foundation of talent and character on this roster, and they will soon add more. They also have great leadership. I have no doubt they will be a playoff team for years to come.

Good stuff Spark.   Can't say I disagree with any of that.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#41 : April 10, 2011, 06:54:54 PM

Well said, Spark, well said

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#42 : April 10, 2011, 07:19:22 PM

TJ has to see his career slipping away from him. He won't waste another opportunity.

Good stuff Spark.   Can't say I disagree with any of that.

Well said, Spark, well said

It's hilarious how you guys find wild speculation based on nothing to be entirely convincing.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 10, 2011, 07:23:40 PM

Very well stated, Sparky. Hopefully, you're right about T-Jack!!

Illuminator, serious question..... have you ever posted anything football related?
: April 10, 2011, 07:25:18 PM Hate

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#44 : April 10, 2011, 07:30:12 PM

Only slightly more often than you post something intelligent.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Every sport needs a villain.....could the Bucs be next? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools