Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Salas from Hawaii « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 23, 2011, 11:26:27 PM

You don't think that we should draft Salas but that the Packers would/should

You must have misread my post. I love Salas and I'd love to see us draft him if he's there in the fourth round. I just don't really think we will. I think he'll end up in Green Bay or Indy, probably taken in the 3rd round. Just a gut feeling. I'd be ecstatic if I was wrong and we actually drafted him though.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 23, 2011, 11:38:29 PM

Also, for everyone in this thread that has made it clear WR is not a need.....the Bucs have had 6 WRs in for visits and workouts. If they were comfortable with what they have I doubt they'd waste so many visits on WRs.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 23, 2011, 11:42:36 PM

If Salas is indeed the BPA available in the 4th round then I could see it happening.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 24, 2011, 12:24:52 AM

I'm surprised we had Leonard Hankerson in for s visit. He's a 2nd round pick. I like Hankerson but I can't imagine drafting a WR that early. Grabbing a high value guy in the 4th is totally different than using a 2nd. I'd be a bit surprised and upset if we used a 2nd rounder on a WR this year. Of course if Hankerson is as good as Mike Williams then it would totally be worth it.

Draft Aaron Donald

MUSSO

Rookie

#34 : April 24, 2011, 01:50:28 AM

I like Salas a lot but i think he might be best suited as a slot receiver and i think we already have that kind of slot guy in either Sammy Stroughter or Preston Parker

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 24, 2011, 01:54:43 AM

I like Salas a lot but i think he might be best suited as a slot receiver and i think we already have that kind of slot guy in either Sammy Stroughter or Preston Parker

As I said earlier, I think Parker will be fighting for a roster spot this offseason. 

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#36 : April 24, 2011, 05:38:38 AM

If the Bucs feel that Salas is an upgrade from Stroughter or Parker, and they feel he's the BPA they should take him.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#37 : April 24, 2011, 09:33:56 AM

Salas looks like the WR version of Blount in that highlight video, talk about tenacious...

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#38 : April 24, 2011, 10:33:56 AM

Salas is one of my love lists on draft countdown.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#39 : April 24, 2011, 10:38:50 AM

I'm surprised we had Leonard Hankerson in for s visit. He's a 2nd round pick. I like Hankerson but I can't imagine drafting a WR that early. Grabbing a high value guy in the 4th is totally different than using a 2nd. I'd be a bit surprised and upset if we used a 2nd rounder on a WR this year. Of course if Hankerson is as good as Mike Williams then it would totally be worth it.

It's most likely just due diligence in the case that he were to drop. Plus he's a local visit isn't he? So it doesn't count against our 30.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 24, 2011, 11:01:27 AM

It's most likely just due diligence in the case that he were to drop. Plus he's a local visit isn't he? So it doesn't count against our 30.

I didn't know about a local visit rule. Personal I see Green, Jones, and Hankerson as equals....so I figured maybe the Bucs felt the same way. I mean, if you feel a kid is as good or better than the other top two WRs in the draft, but he's projected as the 3rd or 4th WR to be taken...you have to check him out right? If you feel he might be the best WR in the draft and he's there in the 2nd round...you have to take him right?

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Salas from Hawaii « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools