Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Donald Trump in 2012? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 12, 2011, 08:47:12 PM

You may have heard that business mogul Donald Trump has filed for bankruptcy. Again.

While this isn't a personal filing

Translation = dude still has billions.

He has more business experience in his average week than Barack has in his entire career as a Community Organizer.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : April 12, 2011, 08:49:53 PM

This guy is probably the rightwinger's best option and has the best chance in competing against President Obama.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

MINNEAPOLIS Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty may be running for president, but he's not ready to be official about it.

Pawlenty moved quickly Tuesday to knock down a CNN story that appeared to show him officially entering the race.

During a taping of Piers Morgan Tonight set to air Tuesday night, the talk show host remarked on Pawlenty's low standing in early polls. He asked if Pawlenty would consider being real estate ty**CENSORED** Donald Trump's No. 2 on a ticket. The former governor laughed and responded, "I'm running for president."

Spokesman Alex Conant says the quote was taken out of context. He says a formal announcement by Pawlenty about running for president would come later this spring.

Pawlenty formed an exploratory committee last month.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110413/ts_alt_afp/usvote2012republicanspawlenty

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 12, 2011, 09:21:54 PM

Scott Brown is the dark horse candidate for the Rs. Doubt he runs though.

Trump, if he actually runs this time, is a novelty candidate. I'd love to see Trump, Palin or Bachmann run just for the entertainment value.

Romney can beat Obama as it stands right now.

I keep hearing that, but only from Liberal outlets.. Which leads me to believe they actually fear him and will probably take the next year giving him the Palin treatment..

If you're just hearing that from the Liberal outlets then your reading is very limited. Fear Trump? The guy who is throwing out the birther nonsense that even Palin has realized is nonsense?

Trump has my vote at this point.

He'd get some votes but nothing to do any major damage. Well, he'd damage the Rs a bit.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 12, 2011, 09:27:31 PM

Scott Brown is the dark horse candidate for the Rs. Doubt he runs though.

Trump, if he actually runs this time, is a novelty candidate. I'd love to see Trump, Palin or Bachmann run just for the entertainment value.

Romney can beat Obama as it stands right now.

Scott Brown's daughters are pretty hot as well.  This is so hard, I can't decide who to vote for.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 12, 2011, 09:29:24 PM

This guy is probably the rightwinger's best option and has the best chance in competing against President Obama.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

MINNEAPOLIS Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty may be running for president, but he's not ready to be official about it.

Pawlenty moved quickly Tuesday to knock down a CNN story that appeared to show him officially entering the race.

During a taping of Piers Morgan Tonight set to air Tuesday night, the talk show host remarked on Pawlenty's low standing in early polls. He asked if Pawlenty would consider being real estate ty**CENSORED** Donald Trump's No. 2 on a ticket. The former governor laughed and responded, "I'm running for president."

Spokesman Alex Conant says the quote was taken out of context. He says a formal announcement by Pawlenty about running for president would come later this spring.

Pawlenty formed an exploratory committee last month.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110413/ts_alt_afp/usvote2012republicanspawlenty

At least Pawlenty is running away from that birther nonsense. No birther has a shot in heck of winning the nomination. The RNC is not touching the issue, nor are they going to endorse a candidate who does.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 12, 2011, 10:20:16 PM

And just to be clear, I call Trump a novelty if he runs as an indie. If he ran as a R and was somehow able to get the nomination, he would do fine. That's because there are so many brain dead Americans who vote R and D no matter what. Maybe one day we'll learn.
: April 12, 2011, 10:25:43 PM ufojoe

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#21 : April 12, 2011, 10:33:32 PM

I wonder if a candidate emerged and he was anti Gay rights and anti abortion, however he was guaranteed to fix the economy and trade issues and create a surplus, would the D's vote for him /her? I know if the shoe was on the other foot I would vote for the person.

I just have this feeling that libs would sacrifice this country as long as they get their agenda. Seems sad..

OT: I was watching one of these poetry sessions on HBO and was horrified at some of these US kids railing against their own country in the name of poetry.. in some cases comparing us to Nazi Germany.. It is horrifing that some of these kids are coming up thinking so low of this country.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 12, 2011, 10:46:09 PM

I wonder if a candidate emerged and he was anti Gay rights and anti abortion, however he was guaranteed to fix the economy and trade issues and create a surplus, would the D's vote for him /her? I know if the shoe was on the other foot I would vote for the person.

I just have this feeling that libs would sacrifice this country as long as they get their agenda. Seems sad..

Yeah and the Rs would put the country first because they're the better party!

Brainwashed. Sad.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#23 : April 12, 2011, 10:51:02 PM

Brainwashed. Sad.

So you would vote for the guy?  Are the social issues that important that the economy and future of the country are secondary?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 12, 2011, 10:59:35 PM

I don't care what a person's personal beliefs are, just so long as they don't try to make their personal belief system into law. The problem is, there hasn't been a Republican that held those views that hasn't, and that's the rub.

Kinda like continuously calling for tax cuts even though they have not created a single job?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 12, 2011, 11:45:09 PM

Brainwashed. Sad.

So you would vote for the guy?  Are the social issues that important that the economy and future of the country are secondary?

No, I only care about my agenda. Is that what you want to hear?

You actually think one party is better than the other. Seriously?

If I had no other choice, I'd vote for your fictional guy. But I usually find an indie who matches most of what I believe in and vote for him/her. Last time it was Ron Paul. Yes, he ran
as a R but he was the most "independent" R out there. Hope he runs indie. Is he the perfect candidate for me? Nope. But I like what he stands for and agree with him on a lot of
stuff.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#26 : April 13, 2011, 12:30:28 AM

Brainwashed. Sad.

Just to carry this stupid scenario one step further. If a flaming gay atheist that was guaranteed to fix the economy and trade issues and create a surplus was an option would the R's vote for him/her? MAYBE you would vote for him/her but I just have this feeling that the overwhelming majority of cons would sacrifice this country as long as their morals aren't offended. Seems sad..

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 13, 2011, 08:29:04 AM

Guy is a freakshow but he at least knows how to run a business (unlike our current Pres).

If its against Romeny - no chance in hell.
Trump's businesses have declared bankruptcy like 5 times.
Yea, business it like that - not allowed to go trillions in the hole and print more money...
"Hell, Minister Chen, this is President Trump. I know we've borrowed trillions of dollars from you, but I've decided I don't like the terms of it anymore. I'm going to give you two choices. Let's renegotiate more favorable terms for me or I just won't pay you back anything."

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 13, 2011, 08:30:27 AM

Guy is a freakshow but he at least knows how to run a business (unlike our current Pres).

You mean he didn't just borrow more money and throw them back into the businesses?  Smarter than our President.
Then let's elect Malcolm Glazer president. He's made billions in business, and as far as I can tell has never had one of them declare bankruptcy. He can have his three boys run the country for him. We know they know how not to spend money.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#29 : April 13, 2011, 10:25:22 AM

Yea, business it like that - not allowed to go trillions in the hole and print more money...
"Hell, Minister Chen, this is President Trump. I know we've borrowed trillions of dollars from you, but I've decided I don't like the terms of it anymore. I'm going to give you two choices. Let's renegotiate more favorable terms for me or I just won't pay you back anything."

I happen to negotiate contracts all day long with companies world wide. This is a standard practice. It's called an amendment to the contract. If this country wants to continue to do business and make points off the interest, they will renegotiate the terms.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Donald Trump in 2012? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools