Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs to play in london again « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
« #15 : April 12, 2011, 08:53:37 PM »

I don't like it at all.

The Owners should be doing things all over This Town not London to drum up fan support. We have players getting arrested, crappy attendance, and season long blackouts. Last thing the owners should be doing is campaigning over seas. Get your home fan base right first! Taking away a home game doesn't do that.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

« #16 : April 12, 2011, 08:57:24 PM »

The owners are doing all types of things all over town. Bottom line is people either can't support te team do to the economy, or they don't want to support the team because of some hidden agenda. Having one less game at RJS isn't gonna hurt the fan base and will take some pressure off of the fans who are paying in terms of stadium costs. The Glazers can't have another 8 blacked out games next season.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #17 : April 12, 2011, 09:06:21 PM »

I agree the Glazers probably asked for this in fear of another non sold-out game but give the locals a chance to try and get to the game first. I seriously think the game would sell out even if it's half Bears fans. It still means the Bears have to play in the heat on the field and Bucs will be in their comfort zone at home. Opposing fans don't play the game. I can see the Glazers' reasoning, but I think it hurts the team more than helps it. Probably means they'll be on Hard Knocks now too.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #18 : April 12, 2011, 09:20:59 PM »

I am there!  NFL in Wembley rocks!

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #19 : April 12, 2011, 09:27:31 PM »

teams that play in London ALWAYS get a bye week after the trip. its part of the deal.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #20 : April 12, 2011, 09:36:51 PM »

Very true. I think they did this because of lack of fan support. If they win this game and get some publicity then it could help fans come back. Winning usually helps.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #21 : April 12, 2011, 09:59:53 PM »

I don't have a problem with it being in London, but it's BS that WE have to give up our home game when we already gave it up two years ago against the Patriots. Let the Bears lose a home game.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #22 : April 12, 2011, 10:04:43 PM »

i dont think it will be a "home" game.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #23 : April 12, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »

I'm told it IS a Buc home game, and that the Glazers "volunteered".

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #24 : April 12, 2011, 10:18:36 PM »

If the NFL wanted the Bucs so bad in the London game, then make it the game against the Packers. Super Bowl champs would draw quite a crowd and Bucs don't have to go to Lambeau where it could be frigid. :)

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #25 : April 12, 2011, 10:21:03 PM »

well they are going to have to refund a bunch of ticket holders then. I know I didnt have to pay for the game a couple years ago.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #26 : April 12, 2011, 10:25:19 PM »

Anybody taking odds on whether Talib skips curfew again this time around?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #27 : April 12, 2011, 10:31:42 PM »

What sucks is that the Chicago game would have been probably one of the few home games at RJS that would sell out this season. The Chicago crowd has always traveled well.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #28 : April 12, 2011, 10:36:14 PM »

The Bucs played in the international game in 2009 and are scheduled to be the home team in this year’s matchup with Chicago. Tampa Bay’s attendance problems last season would make this an attractive game to put on the international stage because the Bears went to the NFC Championship Game last season, the Bucs are coming off a 10-6 season and regular-season games in London in recent years have drawn large crowds.

source: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/19937/report-bucs-going-to-london-again

By taking their act to London, the Bucs are saving themselves and their fans from the strong possibility of a hostile takeover by Chicago fans. They’re also marketing their team on an international stage, which might help solve the attendance problem for the long term.

Oh, and guess what else? The Bucs just lowered season-ticket prices again. Take the cost of the Chicago game off the cost of season tickets and you’ve got another discount. Oh, one other thing -- if you don't have season tickets and live in the Tampa Bay area, you'll be able to watch the game on television.

source: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/19942/bucs-trip-to-london-could-help-at-home

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #29 : April 12, 2011, 10:41:54 PM »

I'm told it IS a Buc home game, and that the Glazers "volunteered".

Duh. Both of you. We've known our opponents (home/away) since the day the 2010 season ended. If it's the Bears, then it's a HOME game...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs to play in london again « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools