Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs to play in london again « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 12, 2011, 10:48:18 PM

i dont think it will be a "home" game.

I'm told it IS a Buc home game, and that the Glazers "volunteered".

Duh. Both of you. We've known our opponents (home/away) since the day the 2010 season ended. If it's the Bears, then it's a HOME game...

good job buddy, we figured that out already. thanks for being on top of things though.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 12, 2011, 10:55:23 PM

As I told Hate, if Goodell had any balls he would take the home game away from Chicago but he doesn't so this is just another example why I am pro-player on this whole CBA.  The owners are making money, they are just greedy and want to make more money because some (Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder, etc) cannot stop over-spending for crappy free agent players, they make bad draft choices and they over-spend on stadiums.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 12, 2011, 10:57:53 PM

As far as I am concerned screw the NFL being in England or Mexico for that matter.  People in those two countries don't care about NFL football all they care about is their soccer.  Just like most in the US could care less about soccer and football is our passion.  In the great words of Derrick Mason, "Goodell is a joke"!!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 12, 2011, 11:00:24 PM

Duh. Both of you. We've known our opponents (home/away) since the day the 2010 season ended. If it's the Bears, then it's a HOME game...

Duh is right. Geez!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 12, 2011, 11:02:57 PM

Duh is right. Geez!!!

;D

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 13, 2011, 12:03:13 AM

As far as I am concerned screw the NFL being in England or Mexico for that matter.  People in those two countries don't care about NFL football all they care about is their soccer.  Just like most in the US could care less about soccer and football is our passion.  In the great words of Derrick Mason, "Goodell is a joke"!!!

Yep. The Tampa fans are so passionate that they sold out every game with a young and upcoming team last year!

RudeGuy

Starter

#36 : April 13, 2011, 12:30:52 AM

Yep. The Tampa fans are so passionate that they sold out every game with a young and upcoming team last year!

Way to pick on a city that has been decimated by a poor economy. Glad to hear things are working out well for you where you live Joe.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#37 : April 13, 2011, 12:37:16 AM

Tampa has been decimated?    I know a lot of guys who used to have season tickets in 2007 but don't have them now.   And it has nothing to do with the economy and everything to do with the current team not being interesting to them.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 13, 2011, 02:46:32 AM

With the lack of fan support, i wouldn't be surprised if the Glazers asked for it. I believe the game sold out in 10 minutes last yr...... and i don't blame them one bit.

While season ticket sales were crisp in January and February, the NFL labor situation and the lackluster economy in Tampa Bay prompted the Glazers to campaign for moving another game to London........Stroud

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#39 : April 13, 2011, 06:11:10 AM

well they are going to have to refund a bunch of ticket holders then. I know I didnt have to pay for the game a couple years ago.

I'm curious when the Glazers plan on refunding the money? (or do they credit you for the next season?).

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 13, 2011, 06:13:12 AM

Tampa has been decimated?    I know a lot of guys who used to have season tickets in 2007 but don't have them now.   And it has nothing to do with the economy and everything to do with the current team not being interesting to them.

Other than MLB position, we have a very interesting group of players compared to a couple of seasons ago (McCown/Leftwich/Simms).

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 13, 2011, 06:36:28 AM

While it sucks we lose another home game, I honestly can't blame the NFL, and it will give the team more national exposure hopefully putting on a good show in London.

Good business decision for the NFL - take a team that doesn't sell out their own stadium and give a game to Europe where it is sold out.

Also good for the Glazer's image over there (something they need) - they're seen as providing Britain/Europe w/ NFL football.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#42 : April 13, 2011, 06:51:43 AM

Not true at all. There are plenty of football fans in the UK and the rest of Europe. Not everyone over here cares about soccer, I for one can't stand the sport. Sure it sucks that the Bucs lose a home game this year but it means Bucs/football fans in UK/Europe get another chance to see the team, and since a lot of the supposed "real" fans of the bucs can't be arsed to turn up to a game when it is on thier doorstep we get to benefit.

Don't get me wrong, but I'd love to come over to Tampa and go to RJS to see a game but to indicate that the fans on this side of the pond aren't as deserving to see a game (no matter who is playing) is bullspit. Especially when you have so many band wagoneers not bothering to show any interest in the team currently. At least us so called "non football" fans will actually sell out the stadium.

Don't judge the fans over here by your own blinkered opinions.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 13, 2011, 07:45:39 AM

At least this time the Bucs have a realistic chance to win the game. They even have the advantage of having done this before. Also, bay area fans are now guaranteed nine games being televised locally.

I believe the Bucs WILL win this game.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#44 : April 13, 2011, 08:21:27 AM

Ok I thought about it more and you can't really fault the NFL for making the logical decision.

1. For some reason, the Bucs are apparently a fan favorite in England, I went last summer and saw more than a few people wearing Buc stuff.

2. Why take a home game from a team that is currently selling out?

3. It's a chance for the NFL to give the Bucs a national TV game without giving us a MNF/SNF Slot.

4. By giving us only 7 home games, the NFL/Owners probably hope that the people who were going to go to that 8th game will spread out and go to the remaining 7 games to up the attendance.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs to play in london again « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools