Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs to play in london again « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 14, 2011, 11:11:22 PM

When the Rays couldn't even sell out a home game against the Yankees the last week of the season with the division title on the line and when they had difficulty selling out their playoff games, you know the issues go a lot deeper than the Bucs and fans disgruntlement over the Glazers, Morris, another excuse, another excuse, etc, etc. Face it, Tampa is not the greatest sports town as far as fan loyalty goes and the economy is still in the tank and there are numerous other activities competing with the sports entertainment dollar.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#61 : April 14, 2011, 11:55:47 PM

Tampa is not a big baseball city.   I bought tickets to those games for $4 a piece and parked for free because they allow cars to park for free that have 4 people in them.   ANYONE in Tampa could have afforded to go to those games so don't give me any bull about it being about the economy.   

Tampa IS a football city however.   For the Bucs not to sell out tells us that the interest level is back down to where it was during the Culverhouse years.

RudeGuy

Starter

#62 : April 15, 2011, 12:03:42 AM

Tampa is not a big baseball city.   I bought tickets to those games for $4 a piece and parked for free because they allow cars to park for free that have 4 people in them.   ANYONE in Tampa could have afforded to go to those games so don't give me any bull about it being about the economy.   

Tampa IS a football city however.   For the Bucs not to sell out tells us that the interest level is back down to where it was during the Culverhouse years.

Then how do you explain the high TV ratings for both the Bucs and Rays?

RudeGuy

Starter

#63 : April 15, 2011, 12:11:04 AM

Tampa has been decimated?    I know a lot of guys who used to have season tickets in 2007 but don't have them now.   And it has nothing to do with the economy and everything to do with the current team not being interesting to them.

So that settles it. You know 5 former season ticket holders from 2007 who did not renew their tickets. Case closed! The ecomony is great and the numbers lie. Thank you for sharing.

RudeGuy

Starter

#64 : April 15, 2011, 12:39:13 AM

You still dont think the Bucs moving is out of the realm of possibility?

Fan support sucks in this town.

You might want to look at corporate support as a big issue. I would also like to see some proof the team is moving or even the possibility of a move.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#65 : April 15, 2011, 01:20:10 AM

TV ratings are not high for the Bucs.   They are blacked out.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#66 : April 15, 2011, 06:14:55 AM

Ratings for the Rays are high.

As for the Bucs...not so much. The Bucs were the least-watched team in the NFL last year despite having the 13th largest market. Of course part of the reason they were least watched was because they were blacked out locally every game and had no nationally-televised games.

This town is full of excuses on why they dont show up for games. Right now the economy is the excuse. But if you take economy out of the equation, it will just be something else. Next it will be the sun is too hot or the parking costs too much. On and on and on... People actually say they don't go to Rays games because they dont want to drive over the Howard Franklin. I mean give me a break!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#67 : April 15, 2011, 05:51:42 PM

Interesting news article from last October when Rays were in the playoffs against Texas and Bucs were at Bengals:

Bucs outrate Rays kind of

The Bucs and Rays played at 1 p.m. Sunday, but the Bucs game drew a higher TV audience in Tampa Bay. The Bucs-Bengals game on Fox earned a 15.1 rating, meaning 15.1 percent of Tampa Bay households with TVs were tuned in. That's about 272,677 homes. The Rays-Rangers Game 4 drew an 11.1, or about 200,443 homes. But, two things to remember. It's likely many viewers switched back and forth between the games, so both games would get credit in the same household. Secondly, TBS is a cable network, as opposed to Fox, so more people get Fox than TBS. That would help the Bucs game draw a larger audience. All in all, it could be considered just about a split viewership in Tampa Bay.

RudeGuy

Starter

#68 : April 16, 2011, 12:59:55 AM

TV ratings are not high for the Bucs.   They are blacked out.

You do know the away games are on TV locally?

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs to play in london again « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools