Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Most overrated prospects: Kerrigan « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#60 : April 14, 2011, 04:46:46 PM

If you used SackSEER, you could have protected yourself from the Moss (3rd worst SackSEER score for any top 2 round pick 2000-2009) and Anderson busts (meager vertical), and identified Woodley as underrated. SackSEER's best as a tool to identify busts I think.

btw, SackSEER finds zero correlation between strength as measured by the bench and production in the NFL for edge rushers.

Personally, I thought the best 4-3 DE prospects were Gaines (by a lot), Spencer and Woodley. I liked Spencer and Woodley about the same. I would have liked to have seen Spencer in particular in a 4-3. I didn't care for Anderson and thought Jarvis Moss was bust city.  The thing about Gaines I liked was that he still seemed to be unfinished. Since we had such great defensive coaches, I thought he'd be coached up in no time.

The issue with Johnson is that he kind of came out of nowhere - a lot of people thought that his numbers were pumped up because he played opposite Quentin Moses who at the start of the season was considered maybe the top pick in the draft.. Throw in his height, and that's enough to drop a bit. He was mostly seen as a strong-side DE.

I can't believe how little credit Woodley got. I will say that according to the SackSeer stuff, he's got the slowest short-shuttle time of any elite edge rusher to emerge since 1999. I think Brandon Graham partly owes his high draft position to Woodley.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Most overrated prospects: Kerrigan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools