Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody Else Bothered By This? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: April 13, 2011, 02:50:18 AM

Really?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : April 13, 2011, 05:52:09 AM

Its conceivable that a parent could place something on a child. Sad times we're in after 9/11.

I have no problems with it. Didn't watch the whole tape - did the TSA employee do something unprofessional (groping infers something of a sexual nature - if it happened, the employee gets fired, possibly jailed)?

Good training for the kid for her life in a terror-concious society.
: April 13, 2011, 05:54:02 AM morgan

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 13, 2011, 06:51:16 AM

The trade for not profiling UFOjoe? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 13, 2011, 07:37:52 AM

guess the parent opted out of the body scan (fear of lifelong radiation exposure?) - I do find it unusual that the parents took advantage of the situation and youtubed the whole event - ulterior motives there?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 13, 2011, 08:11:57 AM

saw the parents interviewed on ABC morning news.  think they are making a bigger deal about this than is justified. don't like it then don't choose to fly.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#5 : April 13, 2011, 08:46:28 AM

imagine if the girl was hispanic

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 13, 2011, 09:16:04 AM

The trade for not profiling UFOjoe?

Yes. We should only grope minority children.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 13, 2011, 10:14:25 AM

I am not what you could consider a huge fan of the TSA, but I think the lady was extremely professional and sensitive to the little girl.

Accepting the current climate as it is, it must be remembered that Islamic terrorists have used children as suicide bombers in the past, and drug runners have used kids as mules in the past. Therefore, without decrying how we got to this point, I have no problem with that lady doing her job the way she did.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 13, 2011, 11:35:23 AM

A caring parent might have been doing something else to comfort the child through this rather than filming it for publicity/15-mins of fame.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 13, 2011, 11:40:56 AM

A caring parent might have been doing something else to comfort the child through this rather than filming it for publicity/15-mins of fame.

Yeah, they were clearly going for fame by filming this....

The worker seemed professional, but it's clearly ridiculous.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 13, 2011, 11:43:22 AM

guess the parent opted out of the body scan (fear of lifelong radiation exposure?)

You would be guessing wrong. The kid was randomly selected for a pat down. The mom then asked if the little girl could be rescanned instead of having to go through the pat down. TSA refused.

This is not about the female TSA agent. She was doing her job. It's about the system. Thought that was obvious. I think the system needs to be looked at. Glad the TSA agrees.

Parents' side of the story...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/tsa-frisks-year-parents-speak-13363521

BTW, there were two parents there and I have no problem with the one parent videotaping it.

And an intelligent poster might use Google before making assumptions as to why the little girl was being patted down. Right, Morgan?

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#11 : April 13, 2011, 11:56:25 AM

guess the parent opted out of the body scan (fear of lifelong radiation exposure?)

You would be guessing wrong. The kid was randomly selected for a pat down. The mom then asked if the little girl could be rescanned instead of having to go through the pat down. TSA refused.

This is not about the female TSA agent. She was doing her job. It's about the system. Thought that was obvious. I think the system needs to be looked at. Glad the TSA agrees.

BTW, there were two parents there and I have no problem with the one parent videotaping it.

And an intelligent poster might use Google before making assumptions as to why the little girl was being patted down. Right, Morgan?

sounds like a great parenting opportunity here. The parents could actually parent and teach their kids that this is a necessary procedure to fly safe and it deters bad people from trying to hurt us. Some bad guys are really smart and try to sneak past the machines, so to be safe we allow pat downs to out smart them. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 13, 2011, 12:12:05 PM

sounds like a great parenting opportunity here. The parents could actually parent and teach their kids that this is a necessary procedure to fly safe and it deters bad people from trying to hurt us. Some bad guys are really smart and try to sneak past the machines, so to be safe we allow pat downs to out smart them.

Who says the parents didn't already do that?

Doesn't change the fact that this is over the top and a rescan would have been fine given the circumstances and age of the girl.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 13, 2011, 12:16:15 PM

OK. And when was the last time you saw a 6-year old white girl blow up an airplane.

The people that do this are muslims! Why doesnt anyone want to admit that?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 13, 2011, 12:26:37 PM

Wow - very well stated. Somebody on this mb that I finally agree with. Props to you. Sounds like someone that would be an excellent parent.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody Else Bothered By This? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools