Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHY THE BUCS WILL HOST THE BEARS IN LONDON IN 2011 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

watson

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 14, 2011, 06:14:34 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Glazers move the team to London permanently.
I know this is not a popular stance, but the lack of sellouts and the continuation of blackouts could lead to this. 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

britbuc14

Starter

#16 : April 14, 2011, 06:38:00 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Glazers move the team to London permanently.
I know this is not a popular stance, but the lack of sellouts and the continuation of blackouts could lead to this.

what with the hatred from us and the Manchester United Fans i don't think they'd do that.

London does have a long history with pirates so the Buccaneers name could stay  :P

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

bucs63

Starter

#17 : April 14, 2011, 12:30:30 PM

Couldn't the Bucs and the NFL accomplish the same thing, developing an international and national following, by playing a Pre-Season game in London? Years ago these were called "Exhibition" games. The game would still sell out there. There would still be 8 home games in Tampa. There would be only 1 preseason game that would have purchased by season ticket holders. Seems like a win for everyone.

BuccaNova

Starter
#18 : April 14, 2011, 01:29:47 PM

You know, you true-blue gung-ho Bucs "fans" can get your hopes up about the team leaving, but everything I've read or heard about the relocation situation indicates they not only are not in line to go anywhere, they aren't even on the short list: for LA or London.  See Yasinkas recently for what he obviously considers a subject barely even worth denying. Wasn't the whole county-footing-part-of-the-stadium-tax-bill designed to thwart any attempts in the future to relocate the team? At least according to this ancient ABA article below. 

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 14, 2011, 04:36:41 PM

Couldn't the Bucs and the NFL accomplish the same thing, developing an international and national following, by playing a Pre-Season game in London? Years ago these were called "Exhibition" games. The game would still sell out there. There would still be 8 home games in Tampa. There would be only 1 preseason game that would have purchased by season ticket holders. Seems like a win for everyone.

Goodell doesnt like pre-season games. He has even said so. And that's why he wants the pre-season shortened. He thinks they are not quality football.

He has even floated the idea of a Super Bowl played overseas.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHY THE BUCS WILL HOST THE BEARS IN LONDON IN 2011 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools