Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws......"Bucs shouldn't give up on Talib" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: April 14, 2011, 10:50:03 PM

ESPN's Jaworski: Bucs shouldn't give up on Talib

By IRA KAUFMAN | The Tampa Tribune

Published: April 14, 2011

TAMPA - According to ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski, embattled Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib needs assistance more than he needs a new work address.

Talib faces a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon stemming from his role in a domestic dispute in Texas last month. Even if he is exonerated, Talib could be suspended by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell once a new labor agreement is in place.

"You have to give him help," said Jaworski. "That's the most important thing. I do not think you give up on him. I know it's a high-risk, high-reward situation, but Talib's a tremendous player who has made some mistakes. You surround him with some quality people.

"Every team in this league has some troubled players. Somehow, (coach) Raheem Morris has got to get his arms around him. The organization has to get its arms around him. The Bucs have to make sure there's a support system in place."

Talib was suspended for the opening game of the 2010 season for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. Goodell said that policy remains in place, even during the current labor dispute that has seen the union decertify and the owners implement a lockout that bans any contact between players and club personnel.

"I think if you give up on a guy like this, and this is the human side of this situation, Talib could be worse off," said Jaworski, in Tampa Bay recently for an ESPN shoot. "He could go off the deep end if he doesn't have football, if he doesn't have structure in his life.

"This is one of the negatives of this lockout. All of these guys are out on their own. You pick up a paper every day and there's some player getting arrested. The structure is out of their lives right now. They're not showing up at One Buc Place getting their workouts in, being with teammates and coaches. There's no contact and it's awful."

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : April 14, 2011, 10:52:55 PM

Jaws is wrong here.   Bucs need to show Talib the door.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 14, 2011, 10:55:01 PM

"I think if you give up on a guy like this, and this is the human side of this situation, Talib could be worse off," said Jaworski, in Tampa Bay recently for an ESPN shoot. "He could go off the deep end if he doesn't have football, if he doesn't have structure in his life.

No kidding he could be worse off if he's not a millionaire professional athlete compared to a prisoner in a jail cell.   

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 14, 2011, 10:58:14 PM

I think it mainly rests on how this case plays out.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 14, 2011, 11:50:04 PM

If Charles Manson was a good athlete, some of you guys would want him on the team.

Sorry, but you have to draw the line somewhere.   In my opinion, Talib crossed that line long ago.    (Blount too for that matter).

You shouldn't want thugs on your team.

ras01

Second String

#5 : April 14, 2011, 11:54:58 PM

I'm on the fence on this one. Could care less either way.

Freeman2WilliamsTD

Rookie

#6 : April 14, 2011, 11:59:38 PM

If Charles Manson was a good athlete, some of you guys would want him on the team.

Sorry, but you have to draw the line somewhere.   In my opinion, Talib crossed that line long ago.    (Blount too for that matter).

You shouldn't want thugs on your team.

I don't care about the character of the players on my teams.  I  just want wins.  If Talib can make us  a better team then you damn well better believe I still want him around.

however, if a player starts to negatively impact team chemistry (aka T.O.)  then let him go.  I don't know how the rest of the team feels about Talib.  If they want him back then I want hoim back.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 15, 2011, 12:00:56 AM

Some of you guys have no morals at all.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 15, 2011, 12:05:06 AM

Haha... now that us funny coming from a guy that has friends that cheat on their wives.

FreeWill

Starter

#9 : April 15, 2011, 12:20:02 AM

Jdog, must you ruin EVERY thread?

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#10 : April 15, 2011, 12:25:39 AM

JDog:   Greatly appreciate that you have been exposed to cultures other than just the American culture.

In Talib's case his team-mates like him and know he will come to their defense, if there is a hassle on the field. Furthermore when he is on the field, he is a real assett to the team.  No T.O. in him whatsoever.

Maybe in your vast travels you have run across the aphorism:  to err is human, to forgive is divine.

It seems to be the American way,  Whatever you may think of Vick, he is now a valuable part of the Eagles.  Maybe I am turned off by what he did, but our society has a way of pronouncing a retribution for bad actions and when the retribution is fufilled, the bad action is resolved as far as society is concerned.

When Talib's situation is resolved, the commissioner will evaluate and do what he thinks is necessary, and then after whatever the league requires, Talib is absolved and again a football player.

My guess is that his anger problem is in sharp focus in his thinking and there is a considerable possibility that there will be no future situation, at least until he is done with football.

Why make a decision right now.  Let time play the situation out and then decide what to do.  Until all is resolved, he takes up no roster spot and costs no money.  A decision made now, in haste, without knowing the full outcome, seems like a bad management decision.

RudeGuy

Starter

#11 : April 15, 2011, 12:51:58 AM

Haha... now that us funny coming from a guy that has friends that cheat on their wives.

I guess he is OK with that because they don't make millions. Good morals are reserved for those who have millions.  ;)

JDog

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 15, 2011, 01:17:22 AM

I guess he is OK with that because they don't make millions. Good morals are reserved for those who have millions.  ;)

Some of them are millionaires.   So your theory is shot already.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 15, 2011, 01:18:38 AM

Whatever you may think of Vick, he is now a valuable part of the Eagles.  Maybe I am turned off by what he did, but our society has a way of pronouncing a retribution for bad actions and when the retribution is fufilled, the bad action is resolved as far as society is concerned.

Talib is far more of a bad egg than Vick.    Dog fighting is nothing compared to firing a gun at a human.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 15, 2011, 02:42:20 AM

Some of you guys have no morals at all.

says the guy who admittedly pays for asian hookers. lmao. your hipocracy knows no bounds.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws......"Bucs shouldn't give up on Talib" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools