Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws......"Bucs shouldn't give up on Talib" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#15 : April 15, 2011, 02:45:36 AM

If Talib was going with a hooker, do you think that would be any big deal?    Not at all.

He fired a gun at someone.   If you can't see the difference between those 2 things, I feel sorry for your mother.

mattyd1521

Second String
#16 : April 15, 2011, 02:58:05 AM

The fan in me would want nothing more than for Talib to stay with the Bucs, but in reality one way or another he always in some type of trouble. As vital as he is to the defense, the Bucs can't rely on him at this point. It isn't like the Bucs haven't given him multiple chances.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#17 : April 15, 2011, 02:58:35 AM

J Dog:  I am assuming you mean "allegedly" fired a gun.

I heard reports from the defense investigators that they have witnesses who only saw Mother firing a gun.

No leaping to conclusions until the Texas case is over.

But then again, I know you know this.

Maybe "chain pulling" is your joy.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 15, 2011, 07:51:03 AM

Easy J Dog, that might get some people fired up, lol.

I think we have showed Talib the utmost in support and trying to surround him with good people. Anyone remember Morris and Talib going to the movies or bowling or whatever it was. Your dead wrong if you think this team hasn't tried to help Talib grow up a little but at some point you realize a person can or cannot overcome his upbringing. I don't believe Talib has the sense to overcome anything at this point.

Punching a Cabby...Such a childish move really concerned me and although I hoped he was a model citizen I found it hard to believe that it would be the last we heard of Talib. Time to focus on the players who are at practice and stay out of trouble not the superstars that you really wish could get their **CENSORED** together. Bye bye to Talib, he had his chance(s) and blew it.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 15, 2011, 07:58:40 AM

Agree with Jaws...

Until he is unable to step on the field - stick with Talib.   This isn't sunday school.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

landfill

Second String
#20 : April 15, 2011, 09:26:23 AM

J Dog:  I am assuming you mean "allegedly" fired a gun.

I heard reports from the defense investigators that they have witnesses who only saw Mother firing a gun.

No leaping to conclusions until the Texas case is over.

But then again, I know you know this.

Maybe "chain pulling" is your joy.

I have to say I think ISLAND BUCS may be my new favorite poster. I was thinking this the entire time I was reading the thread.

Thank you for your intelligence sir.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 15, 2011, 10:09:14 AM

No worries.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 15, 2011, 11:21:18 AM

"The Human Side"

What ever happened to people actually caring about one another? In this aspect all people seem to care about is the football team, but at the end of the day he is a human being with some issues. The compassionate side of all us should agree with Jaws, and think I hope he gets some help for his issues. Instead too many people are ready to throw him away because they only view him as a player, like he's and inanimate object that comes alive on screen on Sundays only. He might as well just be a meat-bag to some.

In my opinion the team should stick with, help him to change, and help him through whatever punishment is handed down, both legally and from the NFL. All I can think about is Chris Henry or even our own Aaron Sears. Both had issues and wouldn't accept the help from the team, look at how tragic their lives were or have been. In this case the team has a chance to get this young man back on course IN LIFE, not just of the football field.

Damn man, it's just seems like there's no human compassion in this country anymore, something we could greatly use these days.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 15, 2011, 11:24:56 AM

Stephen Holder of the St. Petersburg Times believes Aqib Talib is done in Tampa Bay in large part for fear of punishment from commissioner Roger Goodell if the team doesn't take a stand.
Goodell went on record last year that he would begin disciplining franchises, including taking away draft picks, if they didn't hold their players accountable. Holder concedes that the Talib book is "a long way from being closed," but he made it clear that off-the-record sources believe the troubled cornerback will end up being released.

Source: St. Petersburg Times Apr 15, 8:58 AM

JDog

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 15, 2011, 11:26:19 AM

What ever happened to people actually caring about one another?

Agreed.   How can someone fire a gun at another human?   Can't he just treat the guy with compassion?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 15, 2011, 11:32:30 AM

if the team doesn't take a stand.
Goodell went on record last year that he would begin disciplining franchises, including taking away draft picks, if they didn't hold their players accountable.

I think a fair punishment would be that the Bucs have to give Josh Freeman to the Panthers.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 15, 2011, 11:35:28 AM

Java is stuck in the '70s

JDog

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 15, 2011, 12:00:19 PM

So crime and thuggery are ok now?    There are still prisons.   They didn't only exist in the 70's.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 15, 2011, 12:26:52 PM

Stephen Holder of the St. Petersburg Times believes Aqib Talib is done in Tampa Bay in large part for fear of punishment from commissioner Roger Goodell if the team doesn't take a stand.
Goodell went on record last year that he would begin disciplining franchises, including taking away draft picks, if they didn't hold their players accountable. Holder concedes that the Talib book is "a long way from being closed," but he made it clear that off-the-record sources believe the troubled cornerback will end up being released.

Source: St. Petersburg Times Apr 15, 8:58 AM

They have held Talib accountable. He's been fined a hefty sum in the past. The team could also choose to suspend him on their own. It's documented that the Bucs have disciplined their players. I doubt highly that Goodell would do anything in regards to draft picks.

landfill

Second String
#29 : April 15, 2011, 12:30:40 PM

No worries.
I definitely wasn't referring to you. You're posts are childish and monotonous.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws......"Bucs shouldn't give up on Talib" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools