Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws......"Bucs shouldn't give up on Talib" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bashear

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 15, 2011, 12:32:05 PM

Stephen Holder of the St. Petersburg Times believes Aqib Talib is done in Tampa Bay in large part for fear of punishment from commissioner Roger Goodell if the team doesn't take a stand.
Goodell went on record last year that he would begin disciplining franchises, including taking away draft picks, if they didn't hold their players accountable. Holder concedes that the Talib book is "a long way from being closed," but he made it clear that off-the-record sources believe the troubled cornerback will end up being released.

Source: St. Petersburg Times Apr 15, 8:58 AM

So, the Bucs discipline Talib, after the court case (or before). It's not like some other teams won't jump on Talib should the Bucs cut him. If he's not banned from the league, why should the Bucs give a gift to another team?

Now, there might be other factors involved to where this is the last straw, and the Bucs get rid of him.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#31 : April 15, 2011, 12:45:54 PM

Why give up on him? So he can land on the Falcons, Saints, or Panthers after the bye week? seriously why should another team get him.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 15, 2011, 02:12:12 PM

begin the 'fresh start' talk.......

now.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#33 : April 15, 2011, 02:21:54 PM

If Charles Manson was a good athlete, some of you guys would want him on the team.

Sorry, but you have to draw the line somewhere.   In my opinion, Talib crossed that line long ago.    (Blount too for that matter).

You shouldn't want thugs on your team.

I would not hesitate to fire a gun at someone who was beating on my sister. That's just me though. If being a protective brother is equivalent to being a thug, then I guess I'm a thug.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 15, 2011, 02:31:13 PM

The problem with Jaws theory that he needs the team around him is that he's been playing football as long as he's been getting in trouble. "Team" and "Family" aren't helping him, I'd frankly rather guess that football and the minders/handlers around him in football are what has enabled him to get this far in life being a jackash. If you teach someone there are no consequences to their actions then lo and behold they start acting that way.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#35 : April 15, 2011, 05:00:42 PM

Haha... now that us funny coming from a guy that has friends that cheat on their wives.

I guess he is OK with that because they don't make millions. Good morals are reserved for those who have millions.  ;)

Some of them are millionaires.   So your theory is shot already.

So cheating on your wife is a sign of high character and morals? Plus.. the thing with Vick is he was convicted of killing/torturing innocent animals.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 15, 2011, 09:39:59 PM

That guy cheating on his wife is not a big deal in my opinion.   It's basically a mutual decision between him and his wife to have their own lives.   They've been married 24 years, have a 16 year old daughter and are quite financially secure.   Why get a divorce?    They just pursue their own pleasures on their own time.   His wife enjoys shopping and brunch with the ladies, and he enjoys having sex with 20 year old girls.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 15, 2011, 09:45:05 PM

If Charles Manson was a good athlete, some of you guys would want him on the team.

Sorry, but you have to draw the line somewhere.   In my opinion, Talib crossed that line long ago.    (Blount too for that matter).

You shouldn't want thugs on your team.

I would not hesitate to fire a gun at someone who was beating on my sister. That's just me though. If being a protective brother is equivalent to being a thug, then I guess I'm a thug.

His sister is more than 10 years older than him.   You would think a 40 year old woman should be able to handle her own love life.   The solution for her is to stop going with the guy.   It's her own fault as much as anyone else's.   And Talib was firing at the guy as he was running away.   How is that protecting his sister?

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 15, 2011, 09:51:51 PM

That guy cheating on his wife is not a big deal in my opinion.   It's basically a mutual decision between him and his wife to have their own lives.   They've been married 24 years, have a 16 year old daughter and are quite financially secure.   Why get a divorce?    They just pursue their own pleasures on their own time.   His wife enjoys shopping and brunch with the ladies, and he enjoys having sex with 20 year old girls.

So he is a pervert too... awesome. Looks like he has to go after the young ones that don't know any better. Your friends are scumbags.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 15, 2011, 09:54:04 PM

If you think that dude is a pervert, you obviously are clueless.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#40 : April 16, 2011, 10:11:09 AM

His wife enjoys shopping and brunch with the ladies, and he enjoys having sex with 20 year old girls.

So he is a pervert too... awesome. Looks like he has to go after the young ones that don't know any better. Your friends are scumbags.

Don't know any better? What, are they all retarded? You say some really stupid things.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BothBucs

Practice Squad

#41 : April 16, 2011, 11:20:02 AM

Keep Talib!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 16, 2011, 07:16:42 PM

His wife enjoys shopping and brunch with the ladies, and he enjoys having sex with 20 year old girls.

Don't know any better? What, are they all retarded? You say some really stupid things.

You fail.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#43 : April 17, 2011, 10:49:23 AM

You fail.

Yes, the mere suggestion that men might be interested in young women and that they, in turn, might be interested in men is a total fail on my part. Why who has ever even heard of such a thing?

You, sir, are a moron.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 17, 2011, 03:17:06 PM

Michael Vick was NOT convicted for torturing/killing dogs. He should have been. His charges were gambling/racketeering. He obviously didn't pay taxes on any profits he made, and he has recently boasted about killing dogs with his bare hands to an audience of Philadelphia high school students. If it were up to me he would still be in prison. He at least should have been banned from the NFL. This guy is worse than a thug. He's a monster.

Talib carried his own gun to the scene and had it taken away from him. He tried to beat the guy with it. The police found it in a trash can. This was not a case of self defense. This was the act of a coward against another coward. There is no victim here and there is nothing intelligent about any of these people. They're just very fortunate that no innocent bystander was killed or injured. Talib is destined for prison at some point in time. I hope it's very soon so the Bucs can move on without him. He is out of contro and has no sense of responsibility. java finally has one right. The only thing the Bucs can depend on with Talib is that he will screw up. I have friends and relatives that still live in the bay area. I really hope Talib endangers the lives of people in prison or at least some other area of the country. I like the cannons at RJS. I don't like loose cannons in society.

Blount does not even belong in this conversation. He's focused on football.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws......"Bucs shouldn't give up on Talib" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools