Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws......"Bucs shouldn't give up on Talib" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#45 : April 17, 2011, 03:30:47 PM

Michael Vick was NOT convicted for torturing/killing dogs. He should have been. His charges were gambling/racketeering. He obviously didn't pay taxes on any profits he made, and he has recently boasted about killing dogs with his bare hands to an audience of Philadelphia high school students. If it were up to me he would still be in prison. He at least should have been banned from the NFL. This guy is worse than a thug. He's a monster.

Talib carried his own gun to the scene and had it taken away from him. He tried to beat the guy with it. The police found it in a trash can. This was not a case of self defense. This was the act of a coward against another coward. There is no victim here and there is nothing intelligent about any of these people. They're just very fortunate that no innocent bystander was killed or injured. Talib is destined for prison at some point in time. I hope it's very soon so the Bucs can move on without him. He is out of contro and has no sense of responsibility. java finally has one right. The only thing the Bucs can depend on with Talib is that he will screw up. I have friends and relatives that still live in the bay area. I really hope Talib endangers the lives of people in prison or at least some other area of the country. I like the cannons at RJS. I don't like loose cannons in society.

Blount does not even belong in this conversation. He's focused on football.

Even that might not be true of Talibs situation. He is looking like he did absolutely nothing wrong based on the latest reports.

Vick should still be in prison. There are people in prison for possesion of marijuana that have served from 2-5 years. Vick ran an organized crime ring, had illeggal gambling, and tortured animals and got 2 years. Plax shot himself in the leg and got just as long. Plax and Vick are perfect examples of how your celebrity can hurt or help you. 1 got off way too easy and 1 got the shaft. How else do you explain the sentence time being the same despite one crime being considerablly more heinous and lasted for a significant amount of time?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#46 : April 17, 2011, 06:46:28 PM

Even that might not be true of Talibs situation. He is looking like he did absolutely nothing wrong based on the latest reports.

is it legal to pistolwhip?  or was that not true?

Plax and Vick are perfect examples of how your celebrity can hurt or help you. 1 got off way too easy and 1 got the shaft. How else do you explain the sentence time being the same despite one crime being considerablly more heinous and lasted for a significant amount of time?

they both broke laws, just different ones.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#47 : April 17, 2011, 06:48:20 PM

Haha... now that us funny coming from a guy that has friends that cheat on their wives.

....and supported the guy that rammed his wife and child with a Hummer.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#48 : April 17, 2011, 08:07:09 PM

Haha... now that us funny coming from a guy that has friends that cheat on their wives.

Java brings nothing to this website.  He is a troll.  He does not support the team at all.  He HATES the team because of the coach.  Pathetic.  He bashes just to cause a ruckus, and thank goodness I finally alleviated that problem.  Wish the PR staff would.  Wish Java would just leave, he brings absolutely nothing to the football table.  NOTHING.  And when Raheem finally does lose his job, or the BUcs suffer some loss, he will be out in full force thumping his pasty white chest, saying, "I TOLD you so."  Sad.  He fails to see the circle that is the NFL, and will think his "revelation" is something new.  Java sucks as a poster, because he is like Gruden.  He fails to evolve, so he perishes.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#49 : April 18, 2011, 07:09:58 AM

Java brings nothing to this website.  He is a troll.  He does not support the team at all.  He HATES the team because of the coach.  Pathetic.  He bashes just to cause a ruckus, and thank goodness I finally alleviated that problem.  Wish the PR staff would.  Wish Java would just leave, he brings absolutely nothing to the football table.  NOTHING.  And when Raheem finally does lose his job, or the BUcs suffer some loss, he will be out in full force thumping his pasty white chest, saying, "I TOLD you so."  Sad.  He fails to see the circle that is the NFL, and will think his "revelation" is something new.  Java sucks as a poster, because he is like Gruden.  He fails to evolve, so he perishes.

That has already happened - oops sorry - you're talking about Java and Raheem - I misread it to be Gruden and .. well some other folks.   ;)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#50 : April 18, 2011, 10:35:31 AM

Java just tries to get under your skin you just gotta hit him with some good comeback lines. I don't take a quarter of his posts seriously because most his posts there to be read where to displease optimistic Buccaneer fans.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#51 : April 19, 2011, 01:51:48 AM

is it legal to pistolwhip?  or was that not true?

Plax and Vick are perfect examples of how your celebrity can hurt or help you. 1 got off way too easy and 1 got the shaft. How else do you explain the sentence time being the same despite one crime being considerablly more heinous and lasted for a significant amount of time?

they both broke laws, just different ones.

latest report that witnesses state he never had a gun, which it would be hard to pistol whip someone without it.

brilliant explanation on the difference in crime compared to the time served by the way. that answered everything. Vick had multiple felonies of varying degrees and Plax had 1 that was a low degree felony yet both got 2 years.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#52 : April 19, 2011, 02:09:18 AM

Talib + Problems = Sumo + Food.  It just happens.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#53 : April 19, 2011, 06:29:44 AM

latest report that witnesses state he never had a gun, which it would be hard to pistol whip someone without it.

brilliant explanation on the difference in crime compared to the time served by the way. that answered everything. Vick had multiple felonies of varying degrees and Plax had 1 that was a low degree felony yet both got 2 years.

are we considering that the gun found was not talibs?  that he did not bring a gun to the scene?

discharging a firearm in NYC is a pretty serious act.  i would think any professional athlete that played and lived there would know this.  and didnt vick go to jail for gambling and taxes?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#54 : April 19, 2011, 08:08:56 AM

ESPN's Jaworski: Bucs shouldn't give up on Talib

By IRA KAUFMAN | The Tampa Tribune

Published: April 14, 2011

TAMPA - According to ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski, embattled Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib needs assistance more than he needs a new work address.

Talib faces a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon stemming from his role in a domestic dispute in Texas last month. Even if he is exonerated, Talib could be suspended by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell once a new labor agreement is in place.

"You have to give him help," said Jaworski. "That's the most important thing. I do not think you give up on him. I know it's a high-risk, high-reward situation, but Talib's a tremendous player who has made some mistakes. You surround him with some quality people.

"Every team in this league has some troubled players. Somehow, (coach) Raheem Morris has got to get his arms around him. The organization has to get its arms around him. The Bucs have to make sure there's a support system in place."

Talib was suspended for the opening game of the 2010 season for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. Goodell said that policy remains in place, even during the current labor dispute that has seen the union decertify and the owners implement a lockout that bans any contact between players and club personnel.

"I think if you give up on a guy like this, and this is the human side of this situation, Talib could be worse off," said Jaworski, in Tampa Bay recently for an ESPN shoot. "He could go off the deep end if he doesn't have football, if he doesn't have structure in his life.

"This is one of the negatives of this lockout. All of these guys are out on their own. You pick up a paper every day and there's some player getting arrested. The structure is out of their lives right now. They're not showing up at One Buc Place getting their workouts in, being with teammates and coaches. There's no contact and it's awful."
I happen to agree with Jaws on this on particular circumstance...OBD

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws......"Bucs shouldn't give up on Talib" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools