Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roddy White Says Stupid Things on Twitter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : April 16, 2011, 11:43:57 AM

Right, Yogi Berra was a horrible player and manager...cause he talked in an amusing and non-grammatical way.  That's what's important. And the music he liked. That's the big thing to look for in a sports coach. How they speak and what kind of music they like. That should be the basis of your decisions on your athletic team.  Smart football thinking there.  If they talk funny and you don't approve of their music...well...there ya go.  Shouldn't be coaching. 

Who are you arguing against?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 16, 2011, 12:08:27 PM

People who actually study linguistics and aren't just reactionary jack offs know there is no relation between intelligence and dialect. All dialects have equal value to linguists.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 16, 2011, 01:25:22 PM

I swear Raheem haters (or should I say racist?) will find any little reason to bash him...

Race? Who said anything about race? Obviously, the two are somehow linked in your mind, so please explain to us how they are connected.

Because the people who hate him on this board have pretty much no reason too. Also not to mention those are the same people who still love gruden and everytime they post a mock draft its full of white players and they are always talking up white players. Its obvious there are some on here and your in denial if you think differently.. or you may be one of them. Not saying every one who hates on Raheem is but I would go far enough to say the majority definitly think a little differently of having a black head coach... Raheem struggled in his first year. There was no doubt about it but since then he has made tremendous strides and has proven to be a good head coach in this league. He has made me love/like him a long with most other Bucs fans.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 16, 2011, 01:46:32 PM

I swear Raheem haters (or should I say racist?) will find any little reason to bash him...

Race? Who said anything about race? Obviously, the two are somehow linked in your mind, so please explain to us how they are connected.

Because the people who hate him on this board have pretty much no reason too.

So, lazoran, does that work both ways? Are the people who hate Gruden and love Morris racists too, or is your theory just a big steaming pile of hypocrisy?

Also not to mention those are the same people who still love gruden and everytime they post a mock draft its full of white players and they are always talking up white players.

Show me that correlation, please. If you can, that is.

People who actually study linguistics and aren't just reactionary jack offs know there is no relation between intelligence and dialect. All dialects have equal value to linguists.

Link, please. Vocabulary has the highest correlation with overall IQ of any individual measure of intelligence.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 16, 2011, 01:50:53 PM

+1

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 16, 2011, 02:26:57 PM

Because the people who hate him on this board have pretty much no reason too.

So, lazoran, does that work both ways? Are the people who hate Gruden and love Morris racists too, or is your theory just a big steaming pile of hypocrisy?

Also not to mention those are the same people who still love gruden and everytime they post a mock draft its full of white players and they are always talking up white players.

Show me that correlation, please. If you can, that is.

Link, please. Vocabulary has the highest correlation with overall IQ of any individual measure of intelligence.

Navybuch and Java are perfect examples of those type of people (Navybuch which was banned just recently). And I don't think I have ever really seen any Gruden haters, so point them out please.. All I see is people who realize it was Grudens time to go as a coach for our team. I'd quit trying to turn my words around and make them work for you because thats only making you look like a bigger moron then most of this board thinks you are. So please give me your reasons for hating Morris and liking Gruden? This is going to be a laugh..

britbuc14

Starter

#21 : April 16, 2011, 04:36:25 PM

i came on this board and it looks like my time machine works!  :o

does anyone really care about the color of the players or coach?

i don't care if Raheem listens to striaght up gangsta rap or classical opera, i don't care if he can't form a sentace to your liking (i understand him fine) all i care about is the results he gets and the way the team plays.

or are we going to get a split board with one race quoting the grand wizard and another race singing "strange fruit"?

Get real guys (and girls) we are all members of ONE race, the HUMAN race! we all look the same on the inside and we all laugh and hurt the same.

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 16, 2011, 04:43:44 PM

BACK ON TOPIC....

An Atlanta Falcon being an ass?....Yup, Perfectly normal.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

britbuc14

Starter

#23 : April 16, 2011, 04:46:52 PM

BACK ON TOPIC....

An Atlanta Falcon being an ass?....Yup, Perfectly normal.

back on topic for me.... What he said

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 16, 2011, 07:01:31 PM

And I don't think I have ever really seen any Gruden haters, so point them out please..

Since no one could possibly be this stupid (not even you), I'm left to conclude that you are a liar.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 16, 2011, 07:32:19 PM

Gruden I respect, but to live in his era while raheem is coach is living in the past. We shouldn't be arguing about Gruden would do this or that. Raheem is captain now and I think he's doing just fine. as fans, we should be excited for the future in my opinion, not dwell on the past. Besides, Gruden was fading away after the superbowl run anyway, he is a great guy but at the end of the day, he ran his course.

Now if i recall, this topic has nothing to do with coaches, so let's move on shall we?
: April 16, 2011, 07:35:23 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#26 : April 17, 2011, 12:43:01 AM

Vocabulary has the highest correlation with overall IQ of any individual measure of intelligence.

Raheem is in big trouble.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 17, 2011, 11:59:31 AM

Contemporary linguists believe language, like IQ tests, are social constructs where one group may say the way they do things is better just because they feel they can decide that and saying one way of speaking is better than the other is just as arbitrary and meaningless as saying one way of combing your hair is better. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The fundamental point of language is to communicate with other people and while you and I may not be able to understand people like Roddy White, millions of other people can, so he is succeeding. I can't understand half the things the prime minister of England may say, but no one is going to question his intelligence. Google descriptive linguistics versus prescriptive linguistics.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 17, 2011, 12:11:29 PM

And I don't think I have ever really seen any Gruden haters, so point them out please..

Since no one could possibly be this stupid (not even you), I'm left to conclude that you are a liar.

Once again your ignorance complete ignores the rest of my post and switches my words up on me.. I guess you completely missed the part where its mainly people who just realized it was Grudens time to go as the Bucs head coach and some people like Javaray have a hard time realizing that.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 17, 2011, 12:36:12 PM

Once again your ignorance complete ignores the rest of my post and switches my words up on me.. I guess you completely missed the part where its mainly people who just realized it was Grudens time to go as the Bucs head coach and some people like Javaray have a hard time realizing that.

And I guess you missed the part where excusing people who dislike Gruden, while at the same time labeling anyone who dislikes Morris as a racist, makes you a hypocrite. It works both ways, you know. If the people who don't like Morris must be racists, then the people who dislike Gruden must be racists as well. Either that, or your entire theory is exceptionally stupid, and you play the race card merely because you find yourself incapable of constructing a valid logical argument. I highly suspect that this is the case.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roddy White Says Stupid Things on Twitter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools