Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Huggins an extreme longshot to return « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: April 16, 2011, 12:20:40 AM

Free agent RB Kareem Huggins reportedly "blew out everything" in his knee when he suffered a torn ACL in October.
The concern is that Huggins will no longer be a "NFL caliber runner" once the multiple ligaments as well as the meniscus have finally recovered. The Bucs will revisit Huggins late this summer if he's showing signs of progress, but he's going to be an extreme longshot to make an NFL roster in September.

Source: Tampa Tribune Apr 15, 12:12 PM

Huggins had complete reconstructive knee surgery. He blew out everything. It was a very bad injury, but the Bucs are confident he'll be back. The problem is, he never got a chance to really prove he could be an every-down or even third-down change-of-pace back so the Bucs have to prepare for the possibility that, after the injury, he's not an NFL caliber runner. That means looking at running backs in the draft. We'll get a good feel for how they really feel about Huggins during the draft. If the Bucs grab a running back early, it probably means they're very concerned about Huggins and maybe even about losing Cadillac Williams in free agency. If they wait or don't take a running back at all, it probably means they're confident they can wait until next year to address the area.

-- Roy Cummings
: April 16, 2011, 12:23:03 AM michael89156

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 16, 2011, 02:25:51 AM

I had high hopes for that dude.  Now, as I mentioned elsewhere, no more smurf backs for me.  Pound them with Legarrette and continue pounding them with another big RB whoever that may be.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 16, 2011, 08:34:14 AM

I was huggins biggest fan... but this is not news. He was a long shot to start off and after such a huge knee injury he has like 1 in 1,000,000 chance of playing in the NFL again. I am quite sure he is not being counted on to be part of the future. Sad but true.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 16, 2011, 08:38:46 AM

Huggins was a bit of a longshot before the injury. Tough for a guy who relies on speed and quickness to come back from an injury like this. Hopefully we see him again but it shouldn't surprise anyone if we don't.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#4 : April 16, 2011, 03:36:25 PM

ugh - poor guy

he seems like a nice person too

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#5 : April 16, 2011, 09:35:31 PM

Don't forget we have the quintessential expert on major knee recover in RB's, Cadillac Williams, to help him along.  People can say what they want about Caddy as a player, but there is no denying the near miraculous feat he has accomplished physically and that may help Huggins in his rehabilitation.  We'll see.

[Add witty one liner here]

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 17, 2011, 01:02:23 AM

Never understood the jock sniffing of a guy that put up numbers against second and third and fourth string players.  I am sorry he got hurt but he was never going to be anything more than a career fringe player and too bad some will say it was the injuries when it was really that he was just not that good.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#7 : April 17, 2011, 01:05:38 AM

Don't forget we have the quintessential expert on major knee recover in RB's, Cadillac Williams, to help him along.  People can say what they want about Caddy as a player, but there is no denying the near miraculous feat he has accomplished physically and that may help Huggins in his rehabilitation.  We'll see.

Caddy is a prime talent.    I'm not so sure that can be said about Huggins.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 17, 2011, 01:12:20 AM

lol at prime talent and caddy in the same sentence. Guy had one good year and never reached 1000 yards again. He can pass protect tho. That would be the only reason I resign him.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 17, 2011, 01:14:18 AM

You think Josh Freeman isn't a prime talent?   Watch how he does after he gets his knee blown out like Caddy did.   Injuries affect carrers.   It doesn't mean the player wasnt a prime talent before the injury.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 17, 2011, 01:19:17 AM

Prime talent?   Caddy has had a nice career.  I don't think anyone would be ragging on him if he was a 6th or 7th round pick.  But the #5 pick in the draft? Massive under achievement for that draft slot.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 17, 2011, 01:23:44 AM

That was a horribly weak draft.   Which of these guys would you have preferred at #5?

6 Tennessee Titans  Pacman Jones  CB West Virginia
7 Minnesota Vikings  Troy Williamson  WR South Carolina
8 Arizona Cardinals  Antrel Rolle  DB Miami (Fla.)
9 Washington Redskins  Carlos Rogers  DB Auburn
10 Detroit Lions  Mike Williams  WR USC
13 New Orleans Saints  Jammal Brown  T Oklahoma
14 Carolina Panthers  Thomas Davis  DB Georgia
15 Kansas City Chiefs  Derrick Johnson  OLB Texas
16 Houston Texans  Travis Johnson  DT Florida State
17 Cincinnati Bengals  David Pollack  LB Georgia
18 Minnesota Vikings  Erasmus James  DE Wisconsin
19 St. Louis Rams  Alex Barron  T Florida State
20 Dallas Cowboys  Marcus Spears  DE Louisiana State
21 Jacksonville Jaguars  Matt Jones  WR Arkansas
22 Baltimore Ravens  Mark Clayton  WR Oklahoma
23 Oakland Raiders  Fabian Washington  CB Nebraska
25 Washington Redskins  Jason Campbell  QB Auburn
26 Seattle Seahawks  Chris Spencer  C Mississippi
28 San Diego Chargers  Luis Castillo  DE Northwestern
29 Indianapolis Colts  Marlin Jackson  DB Michigan

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 17, 2011, 01:30:37 AM

I definitely hoped to see some more of Huggins, but this Taiwan Jones prospect in the draft has me intrigued. Dude ran close a 4.30 40-time at his pro day.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 17, 2011, 01:34:01 AM

That was a horribly weak draft.   Which of these guys would you have preferred at #5?

6 Tennessee Titans  Pacman Jones  CB West Virginia
7 Minnesota Vikings  Troy Williamson  WR South Carolina
8 Arizona Cardinals  Antrel Rolle  DB Miami (Fla.)
9 Washington Redskins  Carlos Rogers  DB Auburn
10 Detroit Lions  Mike Williams  WR USC
13 New Orleans Saints  Jammal Brown  T Oklahoma
14 Carolina Panthers  Thomas Davis  DB Georgia
15 Kansas City Chiefs  Derrick Johnson  OLB Texas
16 Houston Texans  Travis Johnson  DT Florida State
17 Cincinnati Bengals  David Pollack  LB Georgia
18 Minnesota Vikings  Erasmus James  DE Wisconsin
19 St. Louis Rams  Alex Barron  T Florida State
20 Dallas Cowboys  Marcus Spears  DE Louisiana State
21 Jacksonville Jaguars  Matt Jones  WR Arkansas
22 Baltimore Ravens  Mark Clayton  WR Oklahoma
23 Oakland Raiders  Fabian Washington  CB Nebraska
25 Washington Redskins  Jason Campbell  QB Auburn
26 Seattle Seahawks  Chris Spencer  C Mississippi
28 San Diego Chargers  Luis Castillo  DE Northwestern
29 Indianapolis Colts  Marlin Jackson  DB Michigan

How about Brandon Jacobs, Matt Cassell, or maybe Jay Ratliff?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 17, 2011, 01:41:40 AM

Were those guys first round picks that year?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Huggins an extreme longshot to return « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools