Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Huggins an extreme longshot to return « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 17, 2011, 08:58:30 AM

That was a horribly weak draft.   Which of these guys would you have preferred at #5?

6 Tennessee Titans  Pacman Jones  CB West Virginia
7 Minnesota Vikings  Troy Williamson  WR South Carolina
8 Arizona Cardinals  Antrel Rolle  DB Miami (Fla.)
9 Washington Redskins  Carlos Rogers  DB Auburn
10 Detroit Lions  Mike Williams  WR USC
13 New Orleans Saints  Jammal Brown  T Oklahoma
14 Carolina Panthers  Thomas Davis  DB Georgia
15 Kansas City Chiefs  Derrick Johnson  OLB Texas
16 Houston Texans  Travis Johnson  DT Florida State
17 Cincinnati Bengals  David Pollack  LB Georgia
18 Minnesota Vikings  Erasmus James  DE Wisconsin
19 St. Louis Rams  Alex Barron  T Florida State
20 Dallas Cowboys  Marcus Spears  DE Louisiana State
21 Jacksonville Jaguars  Matt Jones  WR Arkansas
22 Baltimore Ravens  Mark Clayton  WR Oklahoma
23 Oakland Raiders  Fabian Washington  CB Nebraska
25 Washington Redskins  Jason Campbell  QB Auburn
26 Seattle Seahawks  Chris Spencer  C Mississippi
28 San Diego Chargers  Luis Castillo  DE Northwestern
29 Indianapolis Colts  Marlin Jackson  DB Michigan

Why did you edit out picks 11, 12, 24 and 27?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 17, 2011, 09:36:08 AM

lol. fail.

antcam

Rookie

#32 : April 17, 2011, 09:57:33 AM

Whose to say Merriman or Ware would still be effective if they were used as 4-3 ends instead of 3-4 backers?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 17, 2011, 10:09:26 AM

I find it HILARIOUS that you actually left Rodgers off the list and thought nobody would notice. Epic fail.

Hilarious? yes...... surprising? hell naw!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 17, 2011, 10:12:54 AM

its funny to me that some will argue integrity when talking of not starting mccown, but wont mention it when talking of not drafting rodgers.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#35 : April 17, 2011, 10:35:33 AM

That was a horribly weak draft.   Which of these guys would you have preferred at #5?

6 Tennessee Titans  Pacman Jones  CB West Virginia
7 Minnesota Vikings  Troy Williamson  WR South Carolina
8 Arizona Cardinals  Antrel Rolle  DB Miami (Fla.)
9 Washington Redskins  Carlos Rogers  DB Auburn
10 Detroit Lions  Mike Williams  WR USC
13 New Orleans Saints  Jammal Brown  T Oklahoma
14 Carolina Panthers  Thomas Davis  DB Georgia
15 Kansas City Chiefs  Derrick Johnson  OLB Texas
16 Houston Texans  Travis Johnson  DT Florida State
17 Cincinnati Bengals  David Pollack  LB Georgia
18 Minnesota Vikings  Erasmus James  DE Wisconsin
19 St. Louis Rams  Alex Barron  T Florida State
20 Dallas Cowboys  Marcus Spears  DE Louisiana State
21 Jacksonville Jaguars  Matt Jones  WR Arkansas
22 Baltimore Ravens  Mark Clayton  WR Oklahoma
23 Oakland Raiders  Fabian Washington  CB Nebraska
25 Washington Redskins  Jason Campbell  QB Auburn
26 Seattle Seahawks  Chris Spencer  C Mississippi
28 San Diego Chargers  Luis Castillo  DE Northwestern
29 Indianapolis Colts  Marlin Jackson  DB Michigan

How about Brandon Jacobs, Matt Cassell, or maybe Jay Ratliff?

There is a very obvious omission in that list.... can't say i'm surprised though.

DeMarcus and Merriman?   

Well, a certain QB was told that if he was there @ 5, he'd be the pick. Of course, we had the greatness that was Chris Simms...... so we really didn't need him.

I was a Chris Simms fan, but even I said WTF when Rodgers wasn't taken.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 17, 2011, 12:51:44 PM

I was a Chris Simms fan, but even I said WTF when Rodgers wasn't taken.

Liar.   I was on this board back then.   Nobody was talking about Rodger for that pick.   By far, the favorite was Caddy, with Mike Williams the other guy people seemed to want.   I can't even think of one person on here who was touting Rodgers for the pick.   (I'd have liked them to pick a QB, but I didn't know enough about the draft that year so I was not touting Rodger either.)    Had someone been touting Rodgers on this forum, I'd have known more about him.   But that did not happen.    PR was not touting him either.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 17, 2011, 01:38:21 PM

I hate to be the guy who stands up for Java, but he is right here. Caddy was a good pick. He was good when healthy, but unfortunately that was only in his first year. And Java is right that the first round from that year turned out to be pretty weak. You guys are getting on him about not listing 4 players? 6-28 and only 4 players turned out well? Thats a pretty weak 1st round.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#38 : April 17, 2011, 01:42:40 PM

I hate to be the guy who stands up for Java, but he is right here. Caddy was a good pick. He was good when healthy, but unfortunately that was only in his first year. And Java is right that the first round from that year turned out to be pretty weak. You guys are getting on him about not listing 4 players? 6-28 and only 4 players turned out well? Thats a pretty weak 1st round.

If Java were to state that the Earth was round, the Flat Earth Society would experience a dramatic spike in membership from people on this board. It's unbelievable how much influence he has around here.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 17, 2011, 01:46:54 PM

Caddy was a good pick back then but I like how he leaves the players off the list who would of been a way better pick to help his argument

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 17, 2011, 02:15:00 PM

I hate to be the guy who stands up for Java, but he is right here. Caddy was a good pick.

I think that might have been the first time 3 players of the same position were picked in the top 5.  I could be wrong, but I know it doesn't happen very often.  There really isn't a whole lot of logic that could be used for the top 5 selection, other than the Bucs "needed" a RB.

Honestly, using a top 10 pick on RB not named LaDanian Tomlinson or Adrian Peterson usually isn't a good idea.  Their shelf life is just too short and there are always good options later in the draft.

I hate to be the guy who stands up for Java, but he is right here. Caddy was a good pick. He was good when healthy, but unfortunately that was only in his first year.

Using a top 5 draft pick on a "good" player at a position that is fairly easy to fill isn't a good pick.

You guys are getting on him about not listing 4 players? 6-28 and only 4 players turned out well?

Yes, because it was an intellectually dishonest question.  You don't ask "which player should have been picked" while leaving out the good players.

Thats a pretty weak 1st round.

I don't think anybody has ever argued otherwise.  But missing on a top 5 pick is going to bite you in the arse more times than not.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 17, 2011, 02:22:34 PM

Nope.   He needed at least one regular season start.   Honestly, he should have been the QB at the start of the season rather than Leftwich.    There's something in this world called "integrity".   When Heemy promised Luke the chance if he signed, Heemy should have given Luke that chance he promised.

He got his chance, that preseason start.  And he played well into the game and couldn't do squat against 3rd stringers.  Has he done anything at all since then?  Last I heard he was buried on Jacksonville's depth chart.  Just shows you they were right on,  in evaluating him.  If he went somewhere else and turned into Tom Brady,  you would have an argument.

He played well for the Jags last year in preseason and, IIRC, some duty when Garrard got banged up but then Luke got hurt as well and I think missed the rest of the season.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 17, 2011, 02:36:59 PM

Derrick Johnson is a STUD!

He would arguably our best defensive player if we had him.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 17, 2011, 02:42:37 PM

Antrell Rolle- 2x Probowls, 1 AP all pro
DeMarcus Ware-5x Pro Bowls 1-DPOY
Shawne Merriman- DROY, 3x Probowls, 3x All Pro
Jamaal Brown- 2x Pro Bowl 1x All Pro 1-Superbowl ring
Aaron Rodgers- Superbowl MVP, Pro bowl, All Pro
Roddy White-3x Pro Bowl 1 All Pro, NFL Alumni WR of the year
Heath Miller- 1 Pro Bowl 2 Superbowls
Logan Mankins- 3x Pro Bowl 2x All Pro

Maybe my math is bad but that seems like more than 4 players

And I would trade Caddy for any one of these 3rd rounders in a heart beat: Vincent Jackson, Frank Gore, or Justin Tuck

Oh well, at least we got Larry Brackins in the 5th

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#44 : April 17, 2011, 02:49:06 PM

Antrell Rolle- 2x Probowls, 1 AP all pro
DeMarcus Ware-5x Pro Bowls 1-DPOY
Shawne Merriman- DROY, 3x Probowls, 3x All Pro
Jamaal Brown- 2x Pro Bowl 1x All Pro 1-Superbowl ring
Aaron Rodgers- Superbowl MVP, Pro bowl, All Pro
Roddy White-3x Pro Bowl 1 All Pro, NFL Alumni WR of the year
Heath Miller- 1 Pro Bowl 2 Superbowls
Logan Mankins- 3x Pro Bowl 2x All Pro

Maybe my math is bad but that seems like more than 4 players

And I would trade Caddy for any one of these 3rd rounders in a heart beat: Vincent Jackson, Frank Gore, or Justin Tuck

Oh well, at least we got Larry Brackins in the 5th

The clarity of your hindsight is astounding!

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Huggins an extreme longshot to return « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools