Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib gets off « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« : April 16, 2011, 08:46:25 AM »

So Talib's charges have been reduced to misdemeanor and he'll only get a bit of probation for the minor charge. He'll get a two to four game suspension at most. I hope we do the right thing and trade his ass. A 3rd rounder would be much better than nothing...which is what we'll get if we keep the knucklehead.

Draft Aaron Donald

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #1 : April 16, 2011, 08:52:06 AM »

Trade him ONLY if we're able to sign Nnamdi.

-------------------------------------------------------

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #2 : April 16, 2011, 09:18:37 AM »

Not worth it to trade him now, it's too late. Keep him and pray he grows up, on the field included.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 16, 2011, 09:25:20 AM »

Talib’s Charges Reduced; Probation On The Way

April 16th, 2011

There will be no felony indictment of Aqib Talib.

And Talib will serve no jail time from the wild west incident that led to his arrest in Texas on a felony charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in March.

Per a JoeBucsFan.com review of court records, on April 14 the Dallas County district attorney’s office dispositioned the felony case against Talib to a “misdemeanor reduction” and Talib had his “sentence probated.” Essentially, this means a deal was made and Talib will serve probation. There is an “A “code on the case status, which likely references a class A misdemeanor charge that carries a maxiumum probation time of two years.

The case was assigned yesterday to a Dallas County district court judge.

Per the court records, the Dallas County prosecutor also has a “616″ code on Talib’s case status, which is a statutory reference to mental health court programs. So it’s fair to expect that Talib will enter some sort of court ordered counseling program similar to the one he completed successfully in Pinellas County last year, part of a pretrial intervention program following his arrest for belting a cab driver as their taxi cruised down the highway in 2009.

Now the Bucs are on the hot seat.

Talib surely will draw at least a two-game suspension from the NFL, assuming Roger Goodell will enforce the league discipline policy during a lockout. It was widely reported Goodell had said he plans to do just that. And it’s likely Talib’s misdemeanor charge is a gun offense, which could further sour Goodell.

So what’s the next move for Mark Dominik and Raheem Morris?

Talib’s got problems, and the Buccaneers can’t rely on him. And for an organization whose repeatedly stated goal is to build a “lasting contender,” Talib seems like a piece of the puzzle that doesn’t fit.

The whole story isn’t out yet on what happened during Talib’s dysfunctional family time in Texas, but Joe can’t imagine the Bucs want to sit and wait around for Talib’s next troubling escapade.

As Pat Kirwan said about Talib, “you dump him but not before you can replace him.”

The Bucs will have plenty of opportunity — and salary cap room — to do just that before the season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #4 : April 16, 2011, 09:31:34 AM »

I don't think anyone will take the bait! I actually think we should keep him he's signed on the cheap for the next 2 years if someone calls with an offer of a (3rd or better) take it if not let him play these next 2 years out unless he gets in trouble again of course.Just my 0.2.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

hsmith

Second String

« #5 : April 16, 2011, 10:17:57 AM »

UPDATE 9:56 a.m.: Earlier today JoeBucsFan.com published a post that stated the felony assault case against Aqib Talib was reduced to a misdemeanor charge and he was headed for a sentence of probation. 

Joe jumped the gun.

Joe had talked to sources in Dallas on Thursday and, in conjuction with the case being assigned to a judge Friday and further follow up, Joe reached the wrong conclusion, though that’s resolution Joe expects in the case.

Mistakes happen, and Joe will not hide from his error.

This morning, Talib’s Dallas attorney Frank Perez told JoeBucsFan.com that he “expects to take the case to the grand jury and have it resolved there,” meaning Talib would not be indicted. “We’ve interviewed 17 or 19 witnesses and none of them say Aqib Talib had a gun. He wasn’t handling a gun,” Perez said.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 16, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »

Joe getting it wrong?  Imagine that.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #7 : April 16, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »

Joe is a hack. I should have realized he was he was full of it. That site just reposts articles from other sites with added annoying commentary. Usually a week after they were news. It's not like they've ever broke a story before. Silly me.

Draft Aaron Donald

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #8 : April 16, 2011, 12:14:52 PM »

Trade him ONLY if we're able to sign Nnamdi.
agree with this sentiment.  Nnamdi is going to be a good player for many years.  He has 4 to 5 solid years ahead of him, IMO. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #9 : April 16, 2011, 12:17:46 PM »

Also, if this gets taken to Grand Jury, and 17 of 19 witnessess (assuming the idiot he allegedly tried to blast was one of two who said Aqib had the steel) say he did not have a gun, Aqib might get the entire charged dumped.  I would still think the Bucs would or should try to dump him.  He is a headache, and he will get into another problem sooner before later.  He is a dunce.  They should be able to get a second rounder fo him, based onhis amazing talent...what would be absolutely stunning is if the Bucs KEPT him, IMO.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #10 : April 16, 2011, 12:42:26 PM »

Well, if the chargers are dropped completely, I still think, that the team should wait to hear the entire story. At this point it is looking more and more like Talib did nothing but try and take the gun for his mother to keep his mother from potentially harming another human-being. If that is indeed the case, and the reason he was there was getting in-between a guy beating on his sister, and then his mother is the one who pulled the pistol and began firing and then Talib grabbed the gun away from his mother. What did he really do wrong in that situation? He did what most of us would have done, got between a guy beating on a woman and trying to keep his own mother from hurting someone. Seems like most of us on this forum would have done the exact same thing.

The best route for the Bucs is to keep him this year if the case is resolved and then trade him next off-season after he has proven to be healthy from his hip injury and can stay clean for the 2011 season. Thus improving his value and giving the Bucs a chance at maximum compensation.

« : April 16, 2011, 12:45:41 PM yuccaneers »

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #11 : April 16, 2011, 12:53:59 PM »

Such poor word choice. I thought he was having a good time in jail.

Keep Talib, but draft his replacement. Thats my vote

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #12 : April 16, 2011, 01:06:45 PM »

I think that under the scenario where Talib has the charges reduced or dropped that we keep him for this year. Draft or sign his replacement and then try to trade him after this season.

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #13 : April 16, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=46464

UPDATE 9:56 a.m.: Earlier today JoeBucsFan.com published a post that stated the felony assault case against Aqib Talib was reduced to a misdemeanor charge and he was headed for a sentence of probation. 

Joe jumped the gun.

Joe had talked to sources in Dallas on Thursday and, in conjuction with the case being assigned to a judge Friday and further follow up, Joe reached the wrong conclusion, though that’s the resolution Joe expects in the case.

Mistakes happen, and Joe will not hide from his error.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #14 : April 16, 2011, 01:26:26 PM »

I really want to see how the rest of this plays out.
Now that they've been reduced I think we should stick with just keeping him, but surround him with certain people that'll keep his head on right and make him realize he should think before he acts.
He's a great talent, I'll give him one more chance, but we definitely need to talk to him and really light a fire under his ass about staying out of trouble.

Now if we go out and sign Nnamdi, I wouldn't be upset then if we traded Talib.

Formerly known as Revis Islander
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib gets off « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools