Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib gets off « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#30 : April 17, 2011, 02:35:57 AM

I don't think he's a total loser; i think it's his social environment; you have to fight for that.

Let's see.   He has problems at his mother's house in Texas.   He has problems in a Tampa cab.   He has problems on the practice field attacking his fellow teammates with his helmet....

The dude is rotten.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 17, 2011, 08:37:34 AM

For once, I've gotta agree with JDog. The guy is scum. Even if he gets off easy on this - he's scum. He's the one player on this team that I actually HOPE isnt around much longer (since Ruud is all but gone). Talib being in the Bucs is a black eye for the franchise.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 17, 2011, 09:46:02 AM

I was saying last year at this time that we should trade him for a 1st round pick and replace him with a top rookie CB. Everyone said that was a horrible idea but the writing was on the wall. It was only a matter of time and even if he gets out of this one it will happen again. If we get the opportunity to trade him for anything we need to take it before he's worth nothing again. Doesn't matter if it's because he is rotten to the core or if it's from his environment. The fact is this is a business and Talib is just bad for business.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 17, 2011, 01:26:17 PM

I just think in order to get some value from him we should wait until after the next upcoming season. His value is at its absolute lowest right now.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 17, 2011, 02:41:25 PM

If Talib is scum, what does tht make Ray Lewis?, Pittman?, Vick?

The guy has had problems, but all of them combined are nothing compared to what those guys were involved in. Im not making excuses for him, just trying to put his actions into context. Talib wasnt involoved in murder, he didnt try to kill his wife, he didnt run an organized crime ring which killed animals, and as far as we know, he hasnt done anything here. Yes its a reoccuring theme, but in the NFL, talent trumps off-field issues unless your getting suspended on a regular basis. Talib may be entering into that situation, but he has yet to do anything on the level of the guys I listed.

Vick has pretty much been forgiven and accepted, Lewis is a HOFer that everyone in the NFL seems to overlook his situation now that hes stayed out of trouble, and Pittman is the only guy out of the league without a real name for himself, but he played several seasons after his incident.

The hipocracy on this board is reaching new hights as many use Lewis as the standard for a LB, yet are ripping Talib saying to cut him, trade him for scraps, etc, all before there is even a conclusion to his court case.

The guy is obviously a problem and its hard to believe he will finally change, but if you give murderers a chance to continue their career you dont think its within reason to give a guy thats been in fights one? That amount of hipocracy is too much for me. By those standards, Vick wouldnt have taken a snap. Lewis would have never made a career or resume to enter the HOF, and Pittman would be a name long forgotten.

I like the "rotten to the core","scum", etc, but we can all watch the Ravens and Eagles play and cheer for guys like Lewis and Vick?

Cmon people, the lynch mob can disassemble now, at least until his court case is over. It used to be innocent until proven guilty no matter a persons past or future, but on these boards your guilty regardless and the mobs here for a hangin.

Honestly Talib has issues and is becoming a nuisance with his problems but at least let it play out first before resorting to ignorance.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 17, 2011, 02:47:59 PM

tat,

FWIW,

I read somewhere, what supposedly happened is nothing like what has been reported in the media. Umpteen witness said he didn't have a gun, police did not check him for gun residue, Supposedly he was trying to take the gun from his mother.
If that was my sister and someone was hurting her, I would also be there in a heartbeat.

I'm as guilty as the next guy. I jumped before I had the supposed facts. Right now I'm willing to wait until the real facts come out in court.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 17, 2011, 03:24:07 PM

tat,

FWIW,

I read somewhere, what supposedly happened is nothing like what has been reported in the media. Umpteen witness said he didn't have a gun, police did not check him for gun residue, Supposedly he was trying to take the gun from his mother.
If that was my sister and someone was hurting her, I would also be there in a heartbeat.

I'm as guilty as the next guy. I jumped before I had the supposed facts. Right now I'm willing to wait until the real facts come out in court.

Human nature kind of pushes us to quick judegement based on what we hear, but thats when our minds need to take over and let the facts come forward before deciding what a persons fate should be. Right now its just looking like and old fashioned which hunt and we are throwing talib in the river to see if he sinks or floats.

In no way am I saying hes good/bad person. He has a troubling history which doesnt bode well at all. As the facts come out though, he may have not done a single thing wrong. Even with that knowledge, people still are wanting to throw him in the river.

Why not just wai until its all over and look at the facts and then come to your conclusion? His problems may seem like many at this point, but all of them have been fairly minor. The fight at the symposium and the swinging of the helmet which inadvertently hit a team mate were extremely minor. Steve Smith can break his team mates nose and get in another fight a year before in TC and hes not a thug, scum, or rotten. The cabbie thing is a wierd situation that it looks like Talib was in the wrong and the cabbie was looking for a pay day. either way, it was settled. Now this incedent which is looking like Talib may have been the cool head in this mess and just there to protect his sister(without the use of a gun). If this is true, I dont see the justification for the animosity towards him.

JMO

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 17, 2011, 03:28:30 PM

its funny how so many can have such different opinions.  i really dont care, i dont think he's a great person, but i do think he's a great player.  i dont want a team of thugs, but im also realistic about the world we live in.   the question is, can the team trust him going forward?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 17, 2011, 04:04:35 PM

Watch it turn out that he was trying to take the gun from his mother so that she wouldn't kill him. Turns out he was trying to be a good citizen

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 17, 2011, 04:53:57 PM

i'm guilty ...i  was wrong ....but i think its still a good idea to trade him before something else happens and we all know it will.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 17, 2011, 04:55:34 PM

How many times does a guy have to prove he is a knucklehead before people stop giving him the benefit of the doubt?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 17, 2011, 05:05:04 PM

You talking about TJax?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 17, 2011, 05:07:37 PM

How many times does a guy have to prove he is a knucklehead before people stop giving him the benefit of the doubt?
Depends on what team he plays for  ;)

JDog

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 17, 2011, 05:17:08 PM

Watch it turn out that he was trying to take the gun from his mother so that she wouldn't kill him.

And if you believe that, I have some swamp land to sell you.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 17, 2011, 05:22:58 PM

Watch it turn out that he was trying to take the gun from his mother so that she wouldn't kill him.

And if you believe that, I have some swamp land to sell you.
I don't, but I'd find it to be unbelievably funny

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib gets off « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools