Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib gets off « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#60 : April 18, 2011, 12:36:10 AM

It's zoned to allow lady boy bars.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 18, 2011, 04:07:46 AM

Not my cup of tea.

If I could do alligator and boar hunts though...I'm in

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#62 : April 18, 2011, 06:10:37 AM

Judging by what his lawyer said, 17 or 19 witnesses did not see talib with a gun.

are 17 or 19 witnesses also saying that the boyfriend threw his own gun in the trashcan?  just so we are clear, was the gun found near the scene registered to anyone?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#63 : April 18, 2011, 08:05:44 AM

Judging by what his lawyer said, 17 or 19 witnesses did not see talib with a gun.

are 17 or 19 witnesses also saying that the boyfriend threw his own gun in the trashcan?  just so we are clear, was the gun found near the scene registered to anyone?

From what i read he really did not get into those details.

huckleberry

Rookie

#64 : April 18, 2011, 10:23:07 AM

I'd rather sign Ray Edwards than Asomugha. The Bucs have some good young corners but have garbage at end. They won't spend the money for both, one would be surprising, I'd go with Edwards. He's 26 and entering his prime. It'd be best to sign both but you know they won't spend that kind of money.

I\'m you\'re Huckleberry.....

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#65 : April 18, 2011, 10:35:47 AM

Two fights does not really qualify as "multiple". Blount should not even be in this conversation. He injured no one and has been a model citizen since signing with the Bucs.

My opinion on Talib doesn't hinge on whether the charges are a felony or a misdemeanor. It's the "multiple" incidents that are known to be a minimum of five, and the clear evidence that guns were involved. Neither point can be argued. This is a person that views violence as a solution to every problem. He's a great football player and a menace to society. This is not a person that I want as a neighbor. He has no self control and he projects a negative image on the Bucs. It may be hard to replace his talent, but it'll be a snap to find someone more dependable. This young team needs players who can be counted on.

As for Pittman, he did NOT try to kill his wife with his car (or otherwise), he rammed her car to prevent her from leaving when she caught him cheating. There's a big difference. After that, he was a perfect team player. Give the man some credit.
: April 18, 2011, 10:37:33 AM 1sparkybuc

champkind

Hall of Famer

#66 : April 18, 2011, 10:36:24 AM

I think it is already established that Talib's gun (which I have heard nothing about it not being registered legally to him) was found in the trashcan, but nobody actually saw him with a gun, particularly, they did not see him pointing or shooting a gun at the guy. Just having a gun at the scene, especially in TX, is not a crime (unless you are a convicted felon who was not allowed to have one, like his mom.)  If no witness can establish that Talib used either his own gun, or his mother's, then I don't see how he is going to be prosecuted successfully for a felony.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#67 : April 18, 2011, 12:41:21 PM

I'd rather sign Ray Edwards than Asomugha. The Bucs have some good young corners but have garbage at end. They won't spend the money for both, one would be surprising, I'd go with Edwards. He's 26 and entering his prime. It'd be best to sign both but you know they won't spend that kind of money.

Exactly. Ray Edwards or Charles Johnson. We sign one of those two guys and pair them with a first round DE like Kerrigan or Jordan, and our D-line is instantly golden for years. Then draft Ras-I in the 2nd round or Jalil Brown in the 3rd and our secondary doesn't miss a beat.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#68 : April 18, 2011, 01:18:04 PM

Joe is a hack. I should have realized he was he was full of it. That site just reposts articles from other sites with added annoying commentary. Usually a week after they were news. It's not like they've ever broke a story before. Silly me.

HAhahaha! I just got permanently banned from JoeBucFan for this comment! He banned me for an opinion I posted on another site. Hilarious. JBF is the national inquirer of Buc fan sites. Those guys are a complete joke. They just repost week old news from other sites and add ridiculous comments looking to draw people in with the shock factor. I just thought it funny he thought the way to show he wasn't a hack was by showing he is completely unprofessional by banning me for something I said on a different site. What a joke.  I hope your reading this now Joe cause I want you to know the way to NOT be a hack is to actually research, interview, and provide your own in depth coverage of the Bucs instead of the crap you pass off as yours. It also helps to not post stories as fact when they are not.

Hack. Lol.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#69 : April 18, 2011, 01:48:42 PM

If the charges are reduced or dropped and he actually is allowed to play right away, then I say we pray he looks good for the first 4 or 5 weeks and then we trade him right before the deadline in week 6. His stock could be high if he plays at a high level and you know some team with an injury depleted secondary would give a high draft pick for him.

If he ends up being suspended for half the year then let him come back and finish the season. Hope he finishes strong and then trade him in the off season.
Well, I know you'd like to trade him and I understand the rationale behind it. There is pretty much no indication from the FO that were interested in trading him away based on the past remarks Morris has made on the situation.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#70 : April 18, 2011, 02:26:42 PM

Charles Johnson. We sign one of those two guys and pair them with a first round DE like Jordan, and our D-line is instantly golden for years. Then draft Ras-I in the 2nd round  and our secondary doesn't miss a beat.

even use our 3rd to make sure we get Jordan.  then sign stephen tulloch.  re-sign joseph and hayward.  use a 4th on housler and a 5th on harvey.

a guy can dream, right?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#71 : April 18, 2011, 02:29:38 PM

Cameron Jordan and Charles Johnson would be awesome.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#72 : April 18, 2011, 02:33:15 PM

Charles Johnson. We sign one of those two guys and pair them with a first round DE like Jordan, and our D-line is instantly golden for years. Then draft Ras-I in the 2nd round  and our secondary doesn't miss a beat.

even use our 3rd to make sure we get Jordan.  then sign stephen tulloch.  re-sign joseph and hayward.  use a 4th on housler and a 5th on harvey.

a guy can dream, right?
prolly would require our 2nd to get Jordan, but add someones third

huckleberry

Rookie

#73 : April 18, 2011, 04:34:58 PM

Joe is a hack. I should have realized he was he was full of it. That site just reposts articles from other sites with added annoying commentary. Usually a week after they were news. It's not like they've ever broke a story before. Silly me.

HAhahaha! I just got permanently banned from JoeBucFan for this comment! He banned me for an opinion I posted on another site. Hilarious. JBF is the national inquirer of Buc fan sites. Those guys are a complete joke. They just repost week old news from other sites and add ridiculous comments looking to draw people in with the shock factor. I just thought it funny he thought the way to show he wasn't a hack was by showing he is completely unprofessional by banning me for something I said on a different site. What a joke.  I hope your reading this now Joe cause I want you to know the way to NOT be a hack is to actually research, interview, and provide your own in depth coverage of the Bucs instead of the crap you pass off as yours. It also helps to not post stories as fact when they are not.

Hack. Lol.

That's hilarious! Good for you JDub!

The inaccurate story on Talib wasn't first and surely won't be the last of their stories that have zero truth to them. They live off the rest of the media. I quit going to their site because I read everything they offer up elsewhere without stuff taken out of context and without their ill formed opinions.

Those guys have zero credibility. Remember when they labeled Freeman "Bust in Waiting" or Mark Dominik "Mark Dumbnik" or Raheem Morris "Radio" how did all those work out?

I\'m you\'re Huckleberry.....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#74 : April 18, 2011, 04:54:53 PM

Edwards aint all that.  And he worked next to the best DT tandem in the entire league, as well as Jared Allen, and he put up average numbers.

Pass.

He is a cheap shot artist.  Didn;t he get caught doing roids as well?

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib gets off « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools