Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When People Don't Realize They Are Racist... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#135 : April 24, 2011, 06:34:22 PM

While I'm still not convinced that the chimp photo is racist, the following two posts from a different thread are as close as you can get.

I didn't know McDonalds was so 'hood

Some are, some aren't.    Depends on the type of people who go to the McDonald's.    It's pretty obvious what type of people need to be avoided.

It usually is fairly obvious what type of people need to be avoided. Not sure what that has to do with race.

Some people are just human animals.  That' s how it is in some cultures.  That's why cultures shouldn't mix. IMO.

Fortunately, individuals are free to do as they please, regardless of your opinion. Now THIS is the definition of racism.
I'm trying to figure out where you're on this, Illuminator. When you wrote; "Now THIS  is the definition of racism" , are you referring to the statement, "That's why cultures shouldn't mix"? I simply ask, because, I am genuinely interested in what you define as racism.  I would appreciate any straight-forward elaboration you are willing to put forth.

Farrell

Rookie

#136 : April 24, 2011, 11:22:26 PM

ufojoe and cbw....dont post often but lurk to kill time..Thank you guys for putting up the good fight. I enjoy reading your posts and appreciate you speaking truth to ignorance.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#137 : April 25, 2011, 11:32:42 AM

In order to be a Racist, don't you need a clear, well defined definition of each race? And since there is no clear, well defined definition of each race, Racism seems to be an exercise in futility.

And for the record

One of the people depicted as chimps in this photo, is Caucasian. Remember Obama's mother is white

It's quite the leap of faith to suggest that the person who created this image or the woman who passed it along to her co-workers knew that Obama's mother was white. You're argument reminds me of one of these:

http://mychinaconnection.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/red-herring.jpg

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#138 : April 25, 2011, 12:15:04 PM

I doubt anyone doesn't know Obama's Mom was white.

But how many knew that his mother's name was Stanley?    Her father wanted a boy and refused to change the name when he found out it was a girl.   

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When People Don't Realize They Are Racist... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools