Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When People Don't Realize They Are Racist... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : April 18, 2011, 07:38:05 PM

It's pretty obvious why an African - American would be offended.

It is? I guess I'm just not getting it. Why would it be any more offensive than it would be to (Curious) George Bush? Could you explain it to me?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 18, 2011, 07:39:59 PM

Could you explain it to me?

I already did.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 18, 2011, 07:41:32 PM

It is? I guess I'm just not getting it. Why would it be any more offensive than it would be to (Curious) George Bush? Could you explain it to me?

Let me find some "facial expressions" of the Community Organizer that match those of a chimp and pass it around.  Since its about expressions and not anything else it shouldn't be a big deal....

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 18, 2011, 07:42:53 PM

Let me find some "facial expressions" of the Community Organizer that match those of a chimp and pass it around.  Since its about expressions and not anything else it shouldn't be a big deal....

I already told you, it is a HUGE deal to the Chimps

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 18, 2011, 07:44:41 PM

Afraid to comment:

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

spartan

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 18, 2011, 07:48:14 PM

It goes without saying that you certainly have to be careful what you say when you are critical of a minority, particularly African Americans, however, seeing as we are striving to achieve a race neutral environment, shouldn't it be sufficient that somebody can say that they simply did not think of it from a racial perspective. If this lady had a history of racial slurs, fine, I don't know.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 18, 2011, 07:48:49 PM

Afraid

The heart of the matter right there.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 18, 2011, 08:26:09 PM

Afraid to comment:

Somebody beat you to it.

http://graneyandthepig.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/michelleobamaracist.jpg

Not racist at all, huh?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 18, 2011, 08:39:35 PM

Not racist at all, huh?

You tell us, is only one of these pictures racist, or are all six racist?

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#24 : April 18, 2011, 08:39:53 PM

And it is obvious that GWB facial mannerisms were being compared by the pictures that Java posted.

Ya, being compared to monkeys. 

How about these random pics I found by simply searching on george bush and monkey on google?     Are they racist?   

: April 18, 2011, 08:41:25 PM JDog

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 18, 2011, 08:44:34 PM

Obviously, Bush's intellect, not skin color is being compared to that of the ape. He could have likewise been compared to Neanderthal Man.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 18, 2011, 08:52:04 PM

Obviously, Bush's intellect, not skin color is being compared to that of the ape. He could have likewise been compared to Neanderthal Man.

He could have. But Obama couldn't. That would be racist.

No, no double standard there...

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 18, 2011, 08:54:30 PM

No need to explain, Morgan. They are selectively missing the point.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#28 : April 18, 2011, 08:56:34 PM

Bush and Obama held the exact same position as POTUS.   I find it absurd that one man has to be treated with kid gloves just because his skin color is darker than another man's.   There is something seriously wrong with our society when all men are not treated equally.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 18, 2011, 08:57:40 PM

No need to explain, Morgan. They are selectively missing the point.

No, you are selectively overlooking the double standard.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When People Don't Realize They Are Racist... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools