Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sold? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

: April 19, 2011, 03:10:35 PM

Is anyone sold on Cameron Jordan? who do you think WILL be the BEST DE in this draft class?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 19, 2011, 03:12:52 PM

I am.

Hope he suits up in Pewter.  He has good bloodlines, he has a good motor, he is stout against the run, and can get at the QB.  Would love to see him as a BUC!

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 19, 2011, 03:13:42 PM

Best : Quinn
Jordan though is probably the first or second best overall because he actually can stop the run.
I like him.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 19, 2011, 03:21:06 PM

Jordan though is probably the first or second best overall because he actually can stop the run.
I like him.

Who cares if he can stop the run. Teams that win championships pass the ball and rush the passer. He is a 5 or 6 sack guy a year in the NFL if he is in a 4-3. I actually think he has much more value as a Richard Seymour type in a 3-4.

Best 4-3 DE's in the draft are Quinn, Smith, and Kerrigan in that order IMHO.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 19, 2011, 03:50:59 PM

I like him.

Who cares if he can stop the run. Teams that win championships pass the ball and rush the passer. He is a 5 or 6 sack guy a year in the NFL if he is in a 4-3. I actually think he has much more value as a Richard Seymour type in a 3-4.

Best 4-3 DE's in the draft are Quinn, Smith, and Kerrigan in that order IMHO.
He'll most likely be gone by the time we pick.
Jordan can get to the quarterback as well.
It's looking like Smith/Kerrigan/Bowers are gonna be the ones taken around where we pick.
I want one of those three.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 19, 2011, 03:53:24 PM

I like him.

Who cares if he can stop the run. Teams that win championships pass the ball and rush the passer.

I... I think I love you.

This concept is lost in all the "run the ball and stop the run" nonsense that plagues the league today.

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

#6 : April 19, 2011, 04:01:12 PM

yall are forgetting  about von miller id like to see us move up and get him if he is still around at 10 (not likely) that is if MD thinks he is the BEST PLAYER in the draft.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 19, 2011, 04:09:55 PM

yall are forgetting  about von miller id like to see us move up and get him if he is still around at 10 (not likely) that is if MD thinks he is the BEST PLAYER in the draft.

Agree 100%. In the other thread I talk about moving up to #7 for him. Hope he makes it by Buffalo and Arizona.

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

#8 : April 19, 2011, 04:15:36 PM

Agree 100%. In the other thread I talk about moving up to #7 for him. Hope he makes it by Buffalo and Arizona.

Yes me too!! With a dynamic PLAYER like that not just his amazing pass rushing skills but as on over all playmaker you have to GO GET someone like that and put him into your defense!  :P

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 19, 2011, 04:17:26 PM

Miller will 99.9 % most likely be gone. If we make a move like that up to #7, which I doubt, but won't rule out it would be for Quinn.

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

#10 : April 19, 2011, 04:21:48 PM

either way this Franchise is STARVING for a DYNAMIC pass rusher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 19, 2011, 04:37:49 PM

What's the difference between rushing the passer and stopping the passer?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 19, 2011, 04:59:56 PM

If I had to guess I'd say its getting your hands up and batting down balls

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 19, 2011, 05:03:44 PM

??

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 19, 2011, 05:07:23 PM

Cameron Jordan was trapped in a 3-4 system in college.

It's ill-informed to state he isn't a greate pass rusher because of it.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sold? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools