Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sold? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 21, 2011, 01:11:21 AM

Cameron Jordan was trapped in a 3-4 system in college.

It's ill-informed to state he isn't a greate pass rusher because of it.

No it's not. Tell me a 4-3 DE with his build who puts up close to 10 sacks a year?

Shaun Ellis put up double digit sacks in Herm Edwards Tampa 2.

Mario Williams has been successful at that weight.

But this is very moot considering the many three man defensive fronts Morris uses.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 21, 2011, 01:18:39 AM

Blaze _ we stopped the passer the last season.  We didn't sack the qb, but we had a top 10 pass def.  While having the number 1 rush def isn't necessary, being dead last isn't helping.

Opposing quarterbacks posted a 77.57 rating against us last year, seventh best in the league.  Our passers posted a 96.25 rating, fourth best in the league.  We finished 10-6, despite our 28th rank in rush defense.

The Super Bowl champion Packers?  Third in passer rating, first in passer rating allowed.  18th in rush defense.  24th in rush offense.

I think that pretty much proves my point.
The Bucs play Green Bay well.  They can beat them.

Huh?
Just saying they can beat Green Bay.  Did it with a much inferior team, they will give them hell soon enough.  Just deflecting.

As for the OP, Cameron Jordan is a solid prospect.  Nothing more or less.  We will know soon enough...two years or so, if he is the guy most of us think he is.  I think he is going to be a quality player, a full time starter, a three down lineman who will be a solid front four player.

Superstar?  Not so sure.  good?  Most likely.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#62 : April 21, 2011, 01:45:17 AM

I am not sold on the dude.  If all the good DE's are gone by #20, I hope they go for BPA.  A really good O-lineman would be awesome. Pick up a DE or two in free agency.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sold? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools