Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs host freakish LB Dontay Moch « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 20, 2011, 11:08:59 PM

Again, not sure where all this "finesse" talk comes from.  He is going straight up at guards and tackles, and is not taking the wide arc at them.  He is trying to run THROUGH them on many many occasions.  And in the highlight film from the bowl game, he is going against BC linemen, and they, generally speaking, come from a well coached O-line unit, from year to year.  He has plenty of swagger on the goal line stand, and I have seen him drop 30 yards deep into coverage and stick WRs. 

Not sure what you are watching, I think you have something planted in your head about the dude, and you are running with it.  Cool.

It looks to me like Dontay Moch is not as polished as he should be, but he has tremendous numbers, he has great athletic ability, and he certainly is not weak, nor "finesse" as you have stated.  He would be a great prospect as a SSLB, IMO.  He just might need some higher level coaching.  But he is not a second round prospect at all.  Third at the earliest.  And I would be fine with that.

If he busts, well...worse things have happened. 

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 20, 2011, 11:54:33 PM

He just might need some higher level coaching.

Which is something Morris can provide.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 21, 2011, 01:26:37 AM

In the video on top of page 2, right off the bat at around @42 seconds, he powers through two linemen causing one to fall backwards and leaving the other in his dust.

I think 3rd/4th round is right for him.
: April 21, 2011, 01:29:46 AM Captain Hindsight

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 21, 2011, 01:36:56 AM

He would be a hell of a special teams guy. Then we dump Stovall.  And work this dude in at LB in 3rd down situations?  Having said that, he can't be worth more than a 4th or later.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 20, 2012, 08:01:32 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/19/report-dontay-moch-suspended-four-games-pending-appeal/

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 20, 2012, 08:20:33 AM

He just might need some higher level coaching.

Which is something Morris can provide.

Baaaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahha

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs host freakish LB Dontay Moch « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools