Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs pull the trigger on Bowers if available? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 22, 2011, 10:22:18 AM

All you need to do is watch some clips of the NC State game this past year. Dude showed crazy quickness off the snap, Clayborn is not quicker than Bowers in any regard. You can't really go by the numbers in this argument knowing the guy is hurt running his 40 and he didn't work out in the combine. So I'm basically using the eye ball test and to me, Bowers is much quicker off the snap. Bowers has WAY more pass rush upside than Clayborn.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 22, 2011, 10:44:36 AM

Detroit has said they are not concerned with Bowers' kne.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/22/lions-were-not-concerned-with-daquan-bowers-health-or-jimmy-smiths-character/

This means either two things:
1) they are very concerned with his knee, and hope someone nabs him before their pick, or
2) it reinforces what I, and several others have said: if his knee is OK, he will never make it close to us.

Either way (AGAIN), he is very, very unlikely to be the pick at 20.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 22, 2011, 11:46:14 AM

Detroit has said they are not concerned with Bowers' kne.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/22/lions-were-not-concerned-with-daquan-bowers-health-or-jimmy-smiths-character/

This means either two things:
1) they are very concerned with his knee, and hope someone nabs him before their pick, or
2) it reinforces what I, and several others have said: if his knee is OK, he will never make it close to us.

Either way (AGAIN), he is very, very unlikely to be the pick at 20.

The Browns agree also:

Echoing Martin Mayhew of the Lions, Browns GM Tom Heckert said Thursday that his team's doctors have cleared Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers' surgically repaired knee.
"Our doctors have looked at him 100 times," Heckert said. "He went to the recheck, so we've done our due diligence. I don't want to get into all the medical stuff, but we think his knee is going to be all right." While neither GM has gone into details, their comments suggest concerns about a possible degenerative condition in Bowers' knee have been overblown.

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal Apr 22, 10:32 AM

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#33 : April 22, 2011, 12:53:21 PM

I think Bowers' knee issues are overblown, and for that reason he won't be there at #20. But if he is, I'm all for it.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#34 : April 22, 2011, 01:12:26 PM

You have to listen to the evaluation of your medical staff and go off of that. If they can't trust the opinions of their medical staff then their medical staff needs to be replaced with people that can be trusted. It is really that simple. If he is there at 20 and your medical staff has cleared him physically, he is the pick. If they haven't then you don't.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 22, 2011, 02:56:02 PM

I think Bowers' knee issues are overblown, and for that reason he won't be there at #20. But if he is, I'm all for it.
I've been saying that for a while.
If he gets to 13/14 I wouldn't be against trading up for him.
But, then again you never know he could fall.

Formerly known as Revis Islander
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs pull the trigger on Bowers if available? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools