Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib is out of here.......according to Stroud « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#60 : April 24, 2011, 10:58:54 PM

The source could be a Glazer. There also could be some resignation within the organization that Talib is going to be suspended for an extended period...perhaps even the full season. So....while at face value I have my doubts about Stroud's information even if it should ultimately happen...these are just two possible scenarios that may have led to him writing the article.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 25, 2011, 04:45:10 AM

whether its true or not the Bucs have the reputation around the league as being the new Cincinnati Bengals.

Bucstopshere5

Starter
#62 : April 25, 2011, 05:05:38 AM

whether its true or not the Bucs have the reputation around the league as being the new Cincinnati Bengals.

where have you heard this? Because of Tanard and Talib? We got ALONG ways to go to catch up to the Bengals, let's not forget they gave Adam "Pacman" Jones a spot on the team last year

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#63 : April 25, 2011, 05:38:23 AM

Stephen Holder Apr 24, 2011 3:52 PM

Listen folks, if you dont like the messenger, thats got nothing to do with whether the content is true. Were sometimes privy to things we cant elaborate on because weve been asked not to. Its one of the more difficult parts of the job. Rick has a very good basis for reporting this. Trust me. I basically said the same thing in my chat the other day, so Rick and I are on the same page with this.

Id just like to add that I think a lot of people are reacting emotionally to this because you dont want to see the guy go. I get that. Unfortunately, the news isnt reported based on what we want to hear. News simply is what it is, whether we like it or not, Holder wrote.

Sounds like someone knows something.  One of the Glazer boys must have made a comment off the record.  JMVHO.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#64 : April 25, 2011, 05:50:24 AM

where have you heard this? Because of Tanard and Talib? We got ALONG ways to go to catch up to the Bengals, let's not forget they gave Adam "Pacman" Jones a spot on the team last year
I don't agree with it but yeah because of those two and the reputation that Blount and Williams had coming out of college.  I'm not making this stuff up.  TB is seen by fans of other teams as a real loose ship that takes chances on guys with character issues.  Maybe the team is trying to clean up their image and set an example.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#65 : April 25, 2011, 05:57:58 AM

I don't agree with it but yeah because of those two and the reputation that Blount and Williams had coming out of college.  I'm not making this stuff up.  TB is seen by fans of other teams as a real loose ship that takes chances on guys with character issues.  Maybe the team is trying to clean up their image and set an example.

Agree.  People outside the area think Mike Williams is a bad apple when in reality he did nothing wrong.  But they just see the headline, Buc player pulled over for DUI.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#66 : April 25, 2011, 06:49:00 AM

Agree.  People outside the area think Mike Williams is a bad apple when in reality he did nothing wrong.  But they just see the headline, Buc player pulled over for DUI.
The reasoning is...
Talib - obvious
Jackson -obvious
Blount - the punch will never go away
Williams - school issues and that arrest last year won't go away even if he has been cleared.
Stevens - all the chances we gave the guy still get counted
Hayes - incident at the nightclub and whatever the hell happened back when he was stabbed.
Trueblood - not legal problems but he has rage issues
Winslow - deserved or not Winslow will always be looked down on thanks to his soldier comments
Sears - he still gets associated with the Bucs and his troubles get held against us even if they do all stem from a medical problem
Kaiser - the head coaches assistant gets pulled for a DUI
Quarles - DUI
Mosely - his DUI is still counted against us

Fair or not there has been a lot of "incidents" with the Bucs that allow outsiders to draw the conclussion that we are a team of bad seeds.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#67 : April 25, 2011, 07:43:51 AM

I hope this is BS.

Well you cant replace Talib with a corner outside the first round in any draft... and I don't want to see him play for another team.

Talib is undependable. He has missed time both of the last 2 years for some type of stupid **CENSORED**. Despite all the talent in the world we can count on him and thus a dependable player, Myron Lewis fits his mold perfectly, will be an upgrade in my mind.

Talib would get you a pick and then give up a TD. He was a hot and cold player and i'd settle for a consistently warm player, JMO.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#68 : April 25, 2011, 07:44:51 AM

Besides Talib isn't going to be playing football next year or likely for a while anyways. Cut him and get it over with.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#69 : April 25, 2011, 08:31:26 AM

The reasoning is...
Talib - obvious
Jackson -obvious
Blount - the punch will never go away
Williams - school issues and that arrest last year won't go away even if he has been cleared.
Stevens - all the chances we gave the guy still get counted
Hayes - incident at the nightclub and whatever the hell happened back when he was stabbed.
Trueblood - not legal problems but he has rage issues
Winslow - deserved or not Winslow will always be looked down on thanks to his soldier comments
Sears - he still gets associated with the Bucs and his troubles get held against us even if they do all stem from a medical problem
Kaiser - the head coaches assistant gets pulled for a DUI
Quarles - DUI
Mosely - his DUI is still counted against us

Fair or not there has been a lot of "incidents" with the Bucs that allow outsiders to draw the conclussion that we are a team of bad seeds.

Talib and Jackson are the only 2 that non Buccaneer haters have any reason to count against the Bucs. For all we know Jackson and Talib are off the roster just like Stevens is.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#70 : April 25, 2011, 09:42:41 AM

What the Bucs stand to gain is that free agent CB's who didn't think Tampa Bay would be a possiblity will now start to possibly expect a call from here when the lockout ends. I really can't see the Bucs paying Asomugha, but I think the Bucs could be in play for Jonathan Joseph. A guy I could definitely see the Bucs adding is Richard Marshall.

smove28

Starter

#71 : April 25, 2011, 10:32:43 AM

Since I do not live in Tampa, I can say with the utmost confidence that the rest of the league DOES NOT look at us like the Cincinatti Bengals. Matter of fact, they look at us as a team that has good character, hard working young players. Since everyone in Tampa hears every little thing that happens involving players, they tend to overestimate how bad our team looks. On that point, Talib needs to go. When a players problems go nationwide it's a problem. 

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#72 : April 25, 2011, 11:37:05 AM

This is a large heaping pile of Stroud.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#73 : April 25, 2011, 11:37:41 AM

Since I do not live in Tampa, I can say with the utmost confidence that the rest of the league DOES NOT look at us like the Cincinatti Bengals. Matter of fact, they look at us as a team that has good character, hard working young players. Since everyone in Tampa hears every little thing that happens involving players, they tend to overestimate how bad our team looks. On that point, Talib needs to go. When a players problems go nationwide it's a problem.

Most mock drafts I've seen, even from national media outlets, mention that the Bucs are one of the few teams that will draft character risks 

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#74 : April 25, 2011, 12:58:17 PM

Rick Stroud writes that troubled cornerback Aqib Talib is all but gone from Tampa Bay. I agree and have been saying that since Talib was charged with a crime in a March incident in Texas. Yes, the legal system hasnt played out and there is the chance Talib can be exonerated. But the mere fact Talib, who has a long history of off-field problems, was even involved in an incident with a gun didnt exactly flatter the NFL or the Bucs. The only thing remaining is sorting out the exit strategy. The Bucs cant do anything until after the lockout. If they dont cut or trade Talib right away, the NFL could beat them to the punch and suspend Talib.

NFC South Blog   ESPN
April, 25, 2011 12:31PM  By Pat Yasinskas
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib is out of here.......according to Stroud « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools