Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib is out of here.......according to Stroud « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 24, 2011, 01:31:21 PM

FWIW, ESPN is reporting this now. I also find it hard to believe that the would just cut the guy. There have to be other options.
maybe he's looking at a year long suspension.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 24, 2011, 01:56:22 PM

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-04-24/report-buccaneers-ready-to-release-aqib-talib

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 24, 2011, 01:57:48 PM

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/04/24/report-bucs-to-cut-talib-when-lockout-ends

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 24, 2011, 02:02:45 PM

Last time I checked he's the only CB on this roster that could handle Roddy White and Steve Smith. We cut him can you say burnt?

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#34 : April 24, 2011, 02:13:32 PM

If they plan on cutting ties it would be surprising if Dominik doesn't at least try and get a draft pick for Talib like the Steelers did for Holmes (5th rounder) a year ago. Regardless of off-field issues he's a top 10 corner and they don't grow on trees.

Teams like Houston (last in pass defense) and Oakland who will lose Nnamdi Asomugha could have some interest in him.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 24, 2011, 02:27:55 PM

I just cannot see cutting Talib without exploring all options. Hell, Pac Man Jones was traded while suspended....... and Talib is far more talented. I'm not buying it.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 24, 2011, 02:33:13 PM

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-04-24/report-buccaneers-ready-to-release-aqib-talib

The thing with all these new reports is that they are reporting that The St Petersberg Times has reported this.
They aren't really adding anything or giving it any new level of legitimacy.
If Stroud pulled this out his butt (and based on there not even being a mention of a source, named or not, it seems he has) each and every one of these "new" reports is wrong.

Bucstopshere5

Starter
#37 : April 24, 2011, 02:41:07 PM

SMOKE SCREEN....all draft screen now, we cant do anything until a new CBA is reached but we might as well sell it out like we are going to get rid of him

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 24, 2011, 02:49:03 PM

All these reports are based from the same source so the fact that there's numerous reports mean nothing.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 24, 2011, 02:59:45 PM

If this is true and I was Dom, I'd be calling Stroud and chewing him out. You don't report stuff like this(assuming it's true) 5 days before the draft and give away the team's plans.

Fortunately, it's Stroud reporting it which means it's probably an accidental smokescreen and nothing more. Still, I'm sure Stroud believes it to be true, and he's a moron for reporting it now.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 24, 2011, 03:23:22 PM

I dont see the big deal. The guy is trouble, so get rid of him and sign Scrabble or one of the other CB's available in free agency. There are a few decent ones on the market.  Problem solved.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

volusiaboy83

Practice Squad
#41 : April 24, 2011, 04:10:38 PM

This would be a utterly dumb decision if we cant get anything in exchange for him...I could see trading him but just releasing him to be picked up by any team...naw...we need to keep him if we can't get anything for him bottom line

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#42 : April 24, 2011, 04:36:23 PM

I am all for letting him go when we can.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 24, 2011, 04:39:33 PM

SMOKE SCREEN....all draft screen now, we cant do anything until a new CBA is reached but we might as well sell it out like we are going to get rid of him

^^^^ This

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 24, 2011, 04:55:18 PM

I dont see the big deal. The guy is trouble, so get rid of him and sign Scrabble or one of the other CB's available in free agency. There are a few decent ones on the market.  Problem solved.

If we are going to get rid of him, we need to trade him. Releasing him would be stupid when we could probably get a minimum of a 3rd round pick, most likely 2nd or possibly even late 1st.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib is out of here.......according to Stroud « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools