Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib is out of here.......according to Stroud « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#45 : April 24, 2011, 05:07:04 PM

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/04/24/report-bucs-to-cut-talib-when-lockout-ends

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-04-24/report-buccaneers-ready-to-release-aqib-talib

So what?

What do links to stories that use the Times as their source add to the conversation?

Nada.

If Stroud has some inside info., why didn't he mention that in the article?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#46 : April 24, 2011, 05:36:26 PM

Getting Talib away from Tamp/family could be a major bonus for him.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#47 : April 24, 2011, 06:45:52 PM

I dont see the big deal. The guy is trouble, so get rid of him and sign Scrabble or one of the other CB's available in free agency. There are a few decent ones on the market.  Problem solved.

If we are going to get rid of him, we need to trade him. Releasing him would be stupid when we could probably get a minimum of a 3rd round pick, most likely 2nd or possibly even late 1st.

It's possible that the value of setting the example to the team that no player is above the team and that bs won't be tolerated is worth more in the long run than a 5th rounder or whatever we could get

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 24, 2011, 06:52:28 PM

This report has picked up so much steam that I think if Stroud is wrong, he should resign. Show some accountability.

He'll probably get promoted for being the best worst "pundit" in the area... that's a pretty big feat.
: April 24, 2011, 06:54:10 PM Captain Hindsight

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#49 : April 24, 2011, 07:38:34 PM

what Saint fans are saying:  http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/25717555/CB-Aqib-Talib-to-be-released.aspx

Steeler fans: http://www.steelernation.com/forums/showthread.php/12892-Aqib-Talib-to-be-released-by-Tampa

Vikings:   http://www.dailynorseman.com/2011/4/24/2130550/should-the-minnesota-vikings-be-interested-in-aqib-talib

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#50 : April 24, 2011, 07:40:30 PM

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/04/24/report-bucs-to-cut-talib-when-lockout-ends

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-04-24/report-buccaneers-ready-to-release-aqib-talib

So what?

What do links to stories that use the Times as their source add to the conversation?

Nada.

If Stroud has some inside info., why didn't he mention that in the article?
showing that the report from Stroud has gone viral.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#51 : April 24, 2011, 08:11:17 PM

falcons:  http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3919055-tahlib-to-be-released/

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#52 : April 24, 2011, 08:23:12 PM

I dont see the big deal. The guy is trouble, so get rid of him and sign Scrabble or one of the other CB's available in free agency. There are a few decent ones on the market.  Problem solved.

If we are going to get rid of him, we need to trade him. Releasing him would be stupid when we could probably get a minimum of a 3rd round pick, most likely 2nd or possibly even late 1st.

Late first for that knucklehead?   Seriously?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#53 : April 24, 2011, 08:41:45 PM

Aqib Talib  (and his family) + guns = Call of Duty (Texas map pack)

Not sure why Stroud would write this article, excpet that he is assuming a lot of things.  And if he gets proven wrong again, well...it only makes him look less credible.  Right now, he is praying and hoping that the Bucs ditch Aqib talib.  Because if they don't, again he will look like the guy in the corner with a dunce cap just hollering out nonsensical tom fooleries.  I am almost 95 percent certain that Dom and Rah did not discuss their plans with Aqib talib with Dr. Stroud.  So how did he get the ballsack to write this?  Not cool Dr. Stroud.  Your credibility is once again on the line.

The more he writes, the more I think he is a total dunce. Honestly, how does this guy still have a job COVERING the Bucs?  He knows little to nothing about them it seems.  Tragic.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#54 : April 24, 2011, 08:43:25 PM

Stephen Holder Apr 24, 2011 3:52 PM

Listen folks, if you dont like the messenger, thats got nothing to do with whether the content is true. Were sometimes privy to things we cant elaborate on because weve been asked not to. Its one of the more difficult parts of the job. Rick has a very good basis for reporting this. Trust me. I basically said the same thing in my chat the other day, so Rick and I are on the same page with this.

Id just like to add that I think a lot of people are reacting emotionally to this because you dont want to see the guy go. I get that. Unfortunately, the news isnt reported based on what we want to hear. News simply is what it is, whether we like it or not, Holder wrote.
: April 24, 2011, 08:45:00 PM michael89156

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#55 : April 24, 2011, 08:50:21 PM

Again, Holder is priivy to what?  I honestly do not think these cats are talking to anyone with a clear line of sight and reliable info about what Dominik and Raheem are going to do with Talib.  I think he is foolish in saying the fans are reacting emotionally.  OF COURSE THEY ARE!  What the hell is Holder talking about?  It seems that the common consensus amongst us fans are that we get Talib is a thug idiot.  The Bucs are going to wait to see what happens, because they are not stupid.  If Talib is cleared of charges, it is technically like nothing happened.  They might look into getting fair compensation for him, rather than outright releasing him, in which case they get nothing.

If he comes out free and clear of the charges, you can bet that they will listen to trade offers.  They are not going to ditch their best defensive player for nothing, because that is foolish business.  If he gets charged and sent to jail, that is the only way the Bucs lose in this situation.  Again, if he comes out roses from this sewer mess that his family apparently likes to trudge through, then the BUcs are most likely going to look to trade him.  I think he would be worth a second rounder at the very cheapest.

Dom and Rah know better than to dump him for nothing.  Please Mr. Holder and Dr. Stroud.  Don;t be so damned stupid.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#56 : April 24, 2011, 08:52:10 PM

Maybe it's just me, but isn't it against the lockout rules to even remotely say they will get rid of him?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#57 : April 24, 2011, 08:58:34 PM

Maybe it's just me, but isn't it against the lockout rules to even remotely say they will get rid of him?
It is.  And again, I doubt that Holer or Dr. Stroud have any info that is proof that the Bucs are going to release Talib...espescially outright.

That would make Dom/Rah look really friggin' stupid.  Ditching a guy without knowing what is in store for him legally, and without receving comp if he comes out free and clear?  Bah!  holder and Stroud....I call bullisht on you guys! 

Now I can see them wanting to dump him, like I stated.  But no way in hades do these fools KNOW FOR A FACT that the Bucs are dumping him as soon as the lockout ends.  Would make no damned sense.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#58 : April 24, 2011, 10:07:21 PM

Again, Holder is priivy to what?  I honestly do not think these cats are talking to anyone with a clear line of sight and reliable info about what Dominik and Raheem are going to do with Talib.  I think he is foolish in saying the fans are reacting emotionally.  OF COURSE THEY ARE!  What the hell is Holder talking about?  It seems that the common consensus amongst us fans are that we get Talib is a thug idiot.  The Bucs are going to wait to see what happens, because they are not stupid.  If Talib is cleared of charges, it is technically like nothing happened.  They might look into getting fair compensation for him, rather than outright releasing him, in which case they get nothing.

If he comes out free and clear of the charges, you can bet that they will listen to trade offers.  They are not going to ditch their best defensive player for nothing, because that is foolish business.  If he gets charged and sent to jail, that is the only way the Bucs lose in this situation.  Again, if he comes out roses from this sewer mess that his family apparently likes to trudge through, then the BUcs are most likely going to look to trade him.  I think he would be worth a second rounder at the very cheapest.

Dom and Rah know better than to dump him for nothing.  Please Mr. Holder and Dr. Stroud.  Don;t be so damned stupid.

I would think that Dominik and Morris are smart enough to realize, at the very least, they could get something out of Talib in a trade. All of Talib's problems seem to be anger management issues. No other criminal activity other than he can't control his damn temper. There are a lot of players with that problem. Hell, there are a lot of people in all walks of life with that problem. The guy definitely needs help. There is one distinct possibility, I guess, that the decision to cut ties with Talib could have come from one of the guys in the corner offices (i.e. Glazers) in which case, Dominik and Morris, would pretty much have to follow thru with their wishes. Usually, I do not believe the Glazers meddle too much in the day-to-day football decisions, but if they perceive the overall image of the organization is being severely tarnished by the clown, I could see them potentially handing down the death sentence on the guy. That's just speculation.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#59 : April 24, 2011, 10:28:38 PM

I agree, but I highly doubt that the Glazers will say cut him outright without trying to get some compensation.  As stingy businessmen, they would be the first to get that concept.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib is out of here.......according to Stroud « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools