Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jim Tressel Resigns « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 31, 2011, 11:47:01 AM

Love this guy

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 31, 2011, 02:38:27 PM

Excellent article by Forde:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=6607408

ranman

Pro Bowler
#17 : June 01, 2011, 04:25:36 PM

It is what it is.  We had some minor NCAA infractions, lied to cover them up, and got caught. The cover up being always worse than the lie.  I think we will get USC type penalty, maybe slightly worse to appease the media, and try to make a comeback from it all in the next four to five years.

But for the love of Woody - will TP please just leave.  I can remember when we recruited him, some on here came out and stated be careful what you wish for.  Ha - and I thougt it was just sour grapes back then..........

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 01, 2011, 10:55:38 PM

But for the love of Woody - will TP please just leave.  I can remember when we recruited him, some on here came out and stated be careful what you wish for.  Ha - and I thougt it was just sour grapes back then..........

At least Cam Newton was worth the off-the-field crap for Auburn because he was great on the field.  Pryor can't even say that.

Are OSU fans still giving Kirk Herbstreit crap?

ranman

Pro Bowler
#19 : June 02, 2011, 08:19:02 AM

Cam did deliver a title.  Not sure if that trophy will stay in Auburn's possession long term, but we will see.  As for the Herbstreit bashing, living in Tampa I missed most of that vitrol.  It wouldn't surprsie me as Buckeye Nation can be quite fickle (no pun intended). 

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 02, 2011, 01:38:50 PM

I don't think it was really a big group of people giving him crap. But enough to make him move. Guess he probably shouldve just manned up and dealt with it. Thats part of the media business.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 05, 2011, 07:15:38 PM

I miss the days of Woddy Hayes.  If a player got out of line he'd smack him.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jim Tressel Resigns « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools