Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Janoris Jenkins arrested for the third time? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 27, 2011, 03:48:27 PM

now is this true?

FSU actually made him sit his Freshman year as terms of his enrollment

or is this true?

However, because of his signed letter of intent at Notre Dame, the NCAA considered him a transfer student, which made him ineligible to play for the Seminoles in the 1995 football season

Ha!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 27, 2011, 04:51:50 PM

Janoris has had multiple arrests for Pot and has been allowed to slide repeatedly which points to how lenient UF is on its discipline.

i dont believe janoris jenkins played another game after his pot issues arose.  so not sure how he was able to slide repeatedly.
FSU would have kicked him off the team before he even got in trouble the first time. That's how proactive they are.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 28, 2011, 07:05:51 PM

now is this true?

FSU actually made him sit his Freshman year as terms of his enrollment

or is this true?

However, because of his signed letter of intent at Notre Dame, the NCAA considered him a transfer student, which made him ineligible to play for the Seminoles in the 1995 football season

Ha!

I certainly stand corrected and I certainly realize all over the internet this is repeated so it must be true?

Check the following link regarding Demar Dorsey..

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2010/6/20/1527215/demar-dorsey-to-louisville

The situation involving Dorsey being denied admission  by Michigan..

Quoted from the article..A recruit who is NCAA Eligible, but who is denied admission by a school, may immediately play for another school. (This has happened in the past at UVA and Alabama).

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2010/6/7/1505511/demar-dorsey-not-accepted-or-didnt

Here is another link that would seem to refute the assertion that the NCAA ruled that Moss had a mandatory Red Shirt by the NCAA.

Here again is the rule as quoted

http://www.monsterpreps.com/resources/national-letter-of-intent-provisions.htm

Read under the NULL and VOID section concerning enrollment being denied which is exactly what happened at Notre Dame. Mosses transcript was late arriving and Notre Dame decided not to allow enrollment.  Moss was indeed eligible to play despite a bunch of internet sites currently stating information otherwise.

Just because it is on the internet doesn't make it true.    Hey if someone can show me that if a school denies admission for any reason after an LOI is signed and he has to take a mandatory RED SHIRT by NCAA rules I stand corrected.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 28, 2011, 07:20:37 PM

I wonder if any rule changes happened over the last 15 years?  Probably not....

Hey if someone can show me that if a school denies admission for any reason after an LOI is signed and he has to take a mandatory RED SHIRT by NCAA rules I stand corrected.

No, what you will do is try every other avenue instead of admitting you are full of crap.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 28, 2011, 07:56:50 PM

Janoris has had multiple arrests for Pot and has been allowed to slide repeatedly which points to how lenient UF is on its discipline.

i dont believe janoris jenkins played another game after his pot issues arose.  so not sure how he was able to slide repeatedly.
FSU would have kicked him off the team before he even got in trouble the first time. That's how proactive they are.

No, according to FSU policy if a player  is caught with weed ( arrested) during the season he is suspended for the next game ( first offense)

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/102899/col_1071783.html

Runole

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 28, 2011, 08:10:50 PM

I wonder if any rule changes happened over the last 15 years?  Probably not....

Hey if someone can show me that if a school denies admission for any reason after an LOI is signed and he has to take a mandatory RED SHIRT by NCAA rules I stand corrected.

No, what you will do is try every other avenue instead of admitting you are full of crap.

A very expected reply from someone providing nothing to dispute what I have posted.  First of all as the NCAA rules state if you are denied admission for a non academic reason. Moss was qualified to enroll anywhere he wished.   There was nothing wrong with his transcript other than its late arrival at Notre Dame. The Irish made a tough decision and decided his fight in high school was too much so they denied his admission.  The NCAA does not declare Football players ineligible because of something like that.   

Just because a few internet sites claim something to be the case doesn't make it true.   Sorry Buddy don't you just hate it when you are wrong and I am right? Especially when someone tries to refute something I have posted! :P

Hey I have no problem admitting I am wrong but I was there when Moss enrolled at FSU and there never was any NCAA demanding a mandatory RS.  Sorry!  ;D

Again

The NCAA had nothing to do with Randy Moss being redshirted. That was a decision made by Bobby and his AD. It stemmed from the fight that Moss was in at his high school in West Virginia and of course the way Moss was enrolled at FSU much to gator fans chagrin.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 29, 2011, 12:46:32 PM

DelusioNOLE as always....

http://wbaisports.com/articles/38_The-Randy-Moss-Effect.aspx

Notre Dame immediately rescinded their scholarship offer and cut ties with Moss.   Randy then transferred to Florida State University and was forced to sit out a year because of NCAA regulations.  But during his year wait he tested positive for Marijuana thus violating his probation.  Moss was sentenced to 60 days in jail and was subsequently dropped by Florida State.

http://www.randymossclub.com/randy-moss-biography/

Notre Dame then revoked his scholarship, but this did not stop other programs from giving Randy a chance. Randy then signed at Florida State, but was considered a transfer student, and was forced to sit out a year. In 1996,  while serving his 30-day jail sentence in a work-release program from 1995, Moss tested positive for smoking marijuana,  thus violating his probation, and was let go by Florida State. He served an additional 60 days in jail for the probation violation.

Why do you think he ended up going to Marshall?  Because he didn't have to sit out another season since they were a D2 school.

Enough with the foolishness.  You are wrong.  Eat it like a man.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 29, 2011, 03:49:15 PM

No, according to FSU policy if a player  is caught with weed ( arrested) during the season he is suspended for the next game ( first offense)

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/102899/col_1071783.html
Prior to this spring, Jenkins' first and only arrest was in May of 2009. He did not play in week 1 of the 2009 season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 02, 2011, 02:01:05 PM

DelusioNOLE as always....

Notre Dame immediately rescinded their scholarship offer and cut ties with Moss.   Randy then transferred to Florida State University and was forced to sit out a year because of NCAA regulations.  But during his year wait he tested positive for Marijuana thus violating his probation.  Moss was sentenced to 60 days in jail and was subsequently dropped by Florida State.

http://www.randymossclub.com/randy-moss-biography/

Notre Dame then revoked his scholarship, but this did not stop other programs from giving Randy a chance. Randy then signed at Florida State, but was considered a transfer student, and was forced to sit out a year. In 1996,  while serving his 30-day jail sentence in a work-release program from 1995, Moss tested positive for smoking marijuana,  thus violating his probation, and was let go by Florida State. He served an additional 60 days in jail for the probation violation.

Why do you think he ended up going to Marshall?  Because he didn't have to sit out another season since they were a D2 school.

Enough with the foolishness.  You are wrong.  Eat it like a man.

Go to an NCAA site on rules and procedures..  Linking Newspaper articles does not make it true especially ones done 15 years later! LOL

Were you not making mustard when Randy enrolled at FSU?   There was never a mention of an NCAA mandated RS and according to NCAA rules. 

There wouldn't be since he was never ever enrolled at Notre Dame.

What part of denied admission do you not understand?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 02, 2011, 02:33:01 PM

Oh and here is a bit more interesting information turned up as the probable source of the BOGUS CRAP you have posted concerning Moss and his NCAA mandated RS?? LOL :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Moss

Funny thing about the Wikepedia footnoted article!!

From Wikepedia...

After originally signing a letter of intent to play college football with Notre Dame in 1995, Moss took part in a racially-charged fight at his high school that left one person hospitalized.[7] Notre Dame subsequently denied his enrollment application, but this did not stop another high-profile college football program from giving him a chance. Notre Dame officials suggested he attend Florida State due to the reputation of its coach, Bobby Bowden, for handling troubled players.[10] However, because of his signed letter of intent at Notre Dame,the NCAA considered him a transfer student, which made him ineligible to play for the Seminoles in the 1995 football season.[7]

Now Check the (7) footnote that this accurate (INFO)? was taken?

from the link above..

Just like that, it was all gone: the adulation, the scholarship to Notre Dame, the chance to graduate with his class. Moss was expelled and had to finish at Cabell Alternative School. Holtz pleaded with Notre Dame to consider the mitigating circumstances of the case, but the school stood firm and withdrew its offer. Holtz called Bobby Bowden at Florida State and Bowden agreed to enroll Moss as long as he sat out his first year.

Hmmm? no mention of the NCAA?

It would appear that using Wikepedia as a source of  factual information can be suspect.  It is rather obvious where those two articles posted obtained their information!  LOL   JMO but shouldn't credible research check out the footnotes for accuracy of statements?     

I think we all can see how  REVISIONIST HISTORY gets written.

Your apology  accepted for your wrongful personal attack on the accuracy of my statements! ;D
: May 02, 2011, 02:44:07 PM Runole

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 02, 2011, 08:15:34 PM

More questions you won't and can't answer:

Why are all of these people making up lies on why Moss was forced to sit?

Why did Moss transfer to a D2 school after FSU?

Who lets you on the internet?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 03, 2011, 09:37:39 AM

I didn't state that those people made up lies they just used faulty information from Wikepedia to write their articles.  Obviously you didn't understand my comment which already explained this.  Try using less personal insults from your anus and use whats between your ears before responding.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 03, 2011, 01:33:42 PM

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 03, 2011, 04:51:59 PM

bobby bowden is good, urban meyer is bad.  fsu is innocent, uf is guilty.  all sportswriters are gators out to get fsu.  charlie pell cheated.  i think that covers it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 03, 2011, 10:47:53 PM

He violated the terms of his RS set by Bowden and FSU  by testing positive for Pot. 

Any player can transfer to a 1AA team which Marshall was at the time to avoid sitting out a year.  That was the reason he didn't transfer to West VIrginia because he would have had to sit out a year.  NCAA rules.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Janoris Jenkins arrested for the third time? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools