Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Janoris Jenkins arrested for the third time? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 04, 2011, 09:06:53 AM

Any player can transfer to a 1AA team which Marshall was at the time to avoid sitting out a year.  That was the reason he didn't transfer to West VIrginia because he would have had to sit out a year.  NCAA rules.

Why don't you think this applied to Moss transferring to Florida State form Notre Dame?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 04, 2011, 07:28:00 PM

Any player can transfer to a 1AA team which Marshall was at the time to avoid sitting out a year.  That was the reason he didn't transfer to West VIrginia because he would have had to sit out a year.  NCAA rules.

Why don't you think this applied to Moss transferring to Florida State form Notre Dame?

Because he never enrolled at ND, he was accepted and enrolled at FSU. The NCAA has no jurisdiction until he was in college. It's no different from a kid that verbally commits to one school and then changes his mind. What is the penalty for signing a LOI with school A, then reneging and going to school B a few weeks later?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 04, 2011, 08:10:02 PM

Because he never enrolled at ND, he was accepted and enrolled at FSU. The NCAA has no jurisdiction until he was in college. It's no different from a kid that verbally commits to one school and then changes his mind.

That's not true, if a student-athlete signs a National Letter of Intent - which Moss did.

What is the penalty for signing a LOI with school A, then reneging and going to school B a few weeks later?

This is what BornaRunole keeps missing.

What happens if I change my mind about attending the institution with which I signed, and I want to attend another National Letter of Intent institution instead?

If you do not attend the institution with which you signed, or if you do not fulfill the terms of the National Letter of Intent, the basic penalty is that you lose one season of competition in all sports and must serve one year in residence at your next National Letter of Intent institution.

FSU didn't make Moss Redshirt, the NCAA did because he signed LOI for Notre Dame.  And then Moss went to a 2A school so he wouldn't have to sit out anymore.
: May 04, 2011, 08:12:49 PM Biggs3535

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 05, 2011, 07:40:50 PM

From the same site:

Can the National Letter of Intent basic penalty be eliminated or reduced?

Yes. The basic penalty may be eliminated by asking for and receiving a National Letter of Intent complete release. If the institution does not grant a complete release from the NLI, you may appeal for a release to the NLI Policy & Review Committee, which may grant a level of relief if extenuating circumstances warrant.

So if ND granted him a complete release (considering they denied him admission, if they didn't then the NLI P&R committee probably would have), he would be free to enroll elsewhere without the penalty.

Also, the NCAA doesn't redshirt for violating a LOI, they take away one year of eligibility. In a redshirt the eligibility isn't lost, just postponed.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 06, 2011, 08:29:33 AM

I smoked a few bowls with Janoris Jenkins. He is pretty tight, dude will never lay off the weed tho.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 12, 2011, 05:43:46 PM

So the latest rumor is Jenkins is transferring to Div II North Alabama where he will try to clean up his image. He could enter the supplemental draft BUT there might no be one due to the lockout.

The HC at Northern Alabama is Terry Bowden

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/12/janoris-jenkins-headed-to-north-alabama/related

Runole

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 13, 2011, 01:47:18 PM

Because he never enrolled at ND, he was accepted and enrolled at FSU. The NCAA has no jurisdiction until he was in college. It's no different from a kid that verbally commits to one school and then changes his mind.

That's not true, if a student-athlete signs a National Letter of Intent - which Moss did.

What is the penalty for signing a LOI with school A, then reneging and going to school B a few weeks later?

This is what BornaRunole keeps missing.

What happens if I change my mind about attending the institution with which I signed, and I want to attend another National Letter of Intent institution instead?

If you do not attend the institution with which you signed, or if you do not fulfill the terms of the National Letter of Intent, the basic penalty is that you lose one season of competition in all sports and must serve one year in residence at your next National Letter of Intent institution.

FSU didn't make Moss Redshirt, the NCAA did because he signed LOI for Notre Dame.  And then Moss went to a 2A school so he wouldn't have to sit out anymore.

Again you are  misinformed.  When Moss signed the LOI, if "HE" had changed his mind it would have demanded a RS year from the NCAA. That wasn't what happened.

He was denied admission to Notre Dame. At that point the LOI becomes Null and Void, and he is free to enroll anywhere and there is no stipulation for a RS from the NCAA.

As to him being able to enroll at Marshall and play the next year that indeed was because Marshall was not a Division 1 team at the time.  Just like Janoris Jenkins will be able to play at UNA next season.  There is no RS requirement if you enroll at a lower division school.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 01, 2011, 04:40:24 PM

So this all resulted in a $421 fine with no jail time, no community service, no nothing. I hope all you haters are happy.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 01, 2011, 07:18:24 PM

So this all resulted in a $421 fine with no jail time, no community service, no nothing. I hope all you haters are happy.

Not hating on Janoris just glad to see Florida finally had cajones to kick him off the team.  When you talk the talk you have to walk the walk.

If it had been Urban he would still be at UF not UNA. JMO
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Janoris Jenkins arrested for the third time? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools