Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR ALERT: CLAYBORN VISITS BUCS, COULD BE THE PICK « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 25, 2011, 03:17:10 PM

Wow. If he's our pick at 20 then we're in trouble. We could very easily be good offense/below average defense for another three or four years. Some of you cried over back-to-back 9-7's and weren't impressed by last year's 10-6. Well that could be the norm from now on. Terrible if it happens.
I'm going on record as saying I would HATE this pick at 20. I'm OK with a flier on him in the second round. Or even trading down and getting him. But with so many better choices at DE this year, Dom's strategy would fail horribly if he went this way. Look at last year's DEs, this year's. Not what we so desperately need.

...Why?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 25, 2011, 03:27:03 PM

I like him. I like Cam Jordan, Kerrigan and Quinn better, but if they are gone, I'm more than happy with Clayborn.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 25, 2011, 03:34:47 PM

If we don't draft him, Atlanta or New Orleans will. There is almost no chance he gets out of the 1st round
did-o

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 25, 2011, 03:37:22 PM

Wow. If he's our pick at 20 then we're in trouble. We could very easily be good offense/below average defense for another three or four years. Some of you cried over back-to-back 9-7's and weren't impressed by last year's 10-6. Well that could be the norm from now on. Terrible if it happens.
I'm going on record as saying I would HATE this pick at 20. I'm OK with a flier on him in the second round. Or even trading down and getting him. But with so many better choices at DE this year, Dom's strategy would fail horribly if he went this way. Look at last year's DEs, this year's. Not what we so desperately need.
and what so much better choices at DE are going to be avail. to us at 20?

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 25, 2011, 03:38:15 PM

I'm not too high on him, but I trust Dominick's opinion over my own. I'm certainly not going to be overly judgmental unless the pick is a huge reach, and I don't see Dom doing that.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#20 : April 25, 2011, 03:42:58 PM

lmao, what?

Clayborn is going to singlehandedly hold this team back? What choices at DE? We pick at 20, we're not going to get top 10 talent there.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 25, 2011, 03:55:17 PM

I would be very sad.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 25, 2011, 04:27:07 PM

Why? If hes the best DE there, what choice do we have?

it aint like RahMinik can't work their magic on em! :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 25, 2011, 04:38:13 PM

The only guy worth trading down for is Jordan.  After that, I would be fine with Clayborn, who plays very tough, and he hustles pretty damned hard!

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 25, 2011, 05:04:44 PM

I'm on the Clayborn bandwagon previously didn't care for the pick but after researching more and reading i'm all for him!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 25, 2011, 05:19:24 PM

I'm going on record as saying I would HATE this pick at 20.

did-O

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 25, 2011, 05:22:30 PM

Why would you hate the pick? Clayborn > ANY  DE on the Bucs current roster. In my twitter lang can you say #WINNING?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#27 : April 25, 2011, 05:39:32 PM

I don't understand that hate for this guy at 20. If we can't trade up or down, and Quinn, Watt, Bowers, Smith, Kerrigan and Jordan are gone, who would you guys rather have?

This is what happens when you pick at 20. Your options are limited.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 25, 2011, 05:47:51 PM

Clayborn isn't real flashy but he can get to the passer and is very strong against the run.  I think his bust factor is pretty low. In a perfect world, Quinn drops into the teens and we trade up or Kerrigan drops to us but I am OK with Clayborn. 

BucsWin31

Starter

#29 : April 25, 2011, 05:59:12 PM

I'm on the Clayborn bandwagon previously didn't care for the pick but after researching more and reading i'm all for him!
This!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR ALERT: CLAYBORN VISITS BUCS, COULD BE THE PICK « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools