Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Judge Nelson lifts lockout! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 25, 2011, 08:57:08 PM

Judges must be bred extra stupid in Minnesota. Dear god she's buying the decertification despite the fact that everyone still acts like and talks about the union. Wow. Good to know the players still have no reason to bargain in good faith.
Neither side has been negotiating in good faith. They both thought they were going to win today.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 25, 2011, 09:17:04 PM

Neither side has been negotiating in good faith. They both thought they were going to win today.

No, the owners actually want a new deal. They have a reason to negotiate. Have you heard any proposals at all from the players? Nope. They've been banking on the fraud decertification and then rightly expecting judges to be rank idiots. Full marks for understanding how broken a legal system we have but they've never once even tried to deal.

In the end I'd love to see all this blow up in their face and have the owners say there are no rules and just stop paying people crazy money and see how the players like it.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 25, 2011, 09:22:57 PM

No, the owners actually want a new deal. They have a reason to negotiate. Have you heard any proposals at all from the players? Nope. They've been banking on the fraud decertification and then rightly expecting judges to be rank idiots. Full marks for understanding how broken a legal system we have but they've never once even tried to deal.

In the end I'd love to see all this blow up in their face and have the owners say there are no rules and just stop paying people crazy money and see how the players like it.

Do you realize how that would further hurt our economy, not just locally, but nationally? In my opinion, that is the reason why Judge Nelson is siding with the players. I also think the appeals court will side with the players for the same reason. We NEED football.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 25, 2011, 09:26:22 PM

Nelson also made an important point in the ruling that many are not considering. The lockout does not just negatively effect the players and/or owners. That it also could cause harm to stadium employees, fans, and local economies. And such people have no say or control over the matter. That is a legit point since a study done last year showed that each NFL city would each lose an estimated $160 million  if all of 2011 was locked out. Are owners going to compensate lost revenue for airlines, taxis, concessions, police departments, and hotels? I doubt it.

And I am actually kind of surprised you arnt seeing mayors of these NFL cities getting together and demand a deal to get done. Because their cities will lose a lot of money if there are no games. Maybe because its still early. But you might see that if it drags out into September.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 25, 2011, 09:27:52 PM

Do you realize how that would further hurt our economy, not just locally, but nationally? In my opinion, that is the reason why Judge Nelson is siding with the players. I also think the appeals court will side with the players for the same reason. We NEED football.

Please, we do not need football and there's almost no economic harm except to a handful of players. Entertainment dollars are fungible - if you don't pay $X to watch football then you'll pay $X to watch basketball, or play golf, or go to the movies. It is why the owners claims of economic value for the stadiums is a joke as well.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 25, 2011, 09:30:09 PM

The players' offer is the previous CBA.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 25, 2011, 09:32:20 PM

How very punk rock of you.

However, please explain what you mean by this: banking on the fraud decertification and then rightly expecting judges to be rank idiots...

Just curious.  By the way, I hit your Xbox radio list, and I like some of the tunes you banged in.  Thanks bro.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 25, 2011, 09:33:43 PM

Which is sort of the point- they aren't negotiating. That's not a serious position.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 25, 2011, 09:36:13 PM

However, please explain what you mean by this: banking on the fraud decertification and then rightly expecting judges to be rank idiots...

As long as there is no union then the NFL can't lockout players for a variety of labor law reasons so all the union does is do what they did in 87, decert, win lawsuits, reform and move on. The thing is that decertification isn't supposed to be used as a weapon to avoid getting a deal done. They are basically committing a fraud on the court but as long as judges are too stupid to bother to look past the end of their noses - and Doty and this airhead fall into that category - they're gonna buy the sham,

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 25, 2011, 09:38:05 PM

Please, we do not need football and there's almost no economic harm except to a handful of players. Entertainment dollars are fungible - if you don't pay $X to watch football then you'll pay $X to watch basketball, or play golf, or go to the movies. It is why the owners claims of economic value for the stadiums is a joke as well.

I disagree with you. Take the Steelers game this past season for example. I was engulfed by Steeler fans. After talking to them I found out almost all of them came from another city. I guess you could say entertainment dollars are somewhat fungible, speaking on a national level. Locally speaking though, Tampa needs football. Our economy is bad enough.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 25, 2011, 09:38:57 PM

As long as there is no union then the NFL can't lockout players for a variety of labor law reasons so all the union does is do what they did in 87, decert, win lawsuits, reform and move on. The thing is that decertification isn't supposed to be used as a weapon to avoid getting a deal done. They are basically committing a fraud on the court but as long as judges are too stupid to bother to look past the end of their noses - and Doty and this airhead fall into that category - they're gonna buy the sham,
Thanks. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 25, 2011, 09:40:16 PM

Which is sort of the point- they aren't negotiating. That's not a serious position.
Well when over the history the league, money has only gone up, up, and up some more, it's hard to accept taking a pay cut when every piece of evidence shows revenue is not going down.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 25, 2011, 09:44:14 PM

Well when over the history the league, money has only gone up, up, and up some more, it's hard to accept taking a pay cut when every piece of evidence shows revenue is not going down.

Irrelevant since revenue can go up for all time and you can still lose your business if costs increase faster than revenues which is exactly what the Packers data showed but everyone blithely wants to ignore that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 25, 2011, 09:47:28 PM

Irrelevant since revenue can go up for all time and you can still lose your business if costs increase faster than revenues which is exactly what the Packers data showed but everyone blithely wants to ignore that.
I think everyone acknowledges the Packers' data as relevant, but it's only the tip of the iceburg. You can't make rules for 32 based on 1.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 25, 2011, 09:48:14 PM

Then why wont the owners open their books?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Judge Nelson lifts lockout! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools