Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One Last Man Crush Post « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 26, 2011, 02:23:32 PM

I'm sold!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 26, 2011, 03:27:07 PM

I like how this guy runs, some anger and some aggression. He just won't go down until he's got every yard he possible can. Would like the guy in the later rounds.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#17 : April 26, 2011, 04:05:17 PM

Taiwan Jones anyone?

The quest for .500 begins...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 26, 2011, 05:09:26 PM

I like Clemson's Jamie Harper
you mean you like a guy with the upside to be a starter and can actually block and catch and has the size to stay healthy?  Crazy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 26, 2011, 06:42:42 PM

I like how this guy runs, some anger and some aggression. He just won't go down until he's got every yard he possible can. Would like the guy in the later rounds.

While he reminds me of Ahmad Bradshaw in size, strength, and speed......his running style reminds me a lot of Marion Barber. He's not the fastest, or biggest, or most agile but he has heart. It's kinda like a controlled chaos. He has great patience and understanding of the defense which is why he rarely has a run for loss of yards, but when it comes to the end of the run when it's time to bang heads, his style is just violent and relentless.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 30, 2011, 08:16:18 AM

Just in time for the 3rd day of the draft, Chad Spann 2010 highlight reel! It's kinda short and lacking considering the dude ran for 1388 yards and 22 TDs, but here it is none the less.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 30, 2011, 11:27:50 AM

Don't overlook Scott from Maryland.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 05, 2011, 08:08:36 AM

I'm still hoping we get Spann. I know we have Bradford now, which was my 2nd favorite RB and I'm grateful, but you can't have enough great young backs. Spann isn't really any faster, so he wouldn't be the change of pace speedster than most fans want, but he is a smarter more complete back that could replace Caddy as our 3rd down back. I see Bradford more as our short yardage guy as well as Blount's main back up in case of injury. He could also be part time Fullback like Graham. Raheem even hinted at that in a recent interview.

The way I see it, either Caddy or Graham will be back this year to be that 3rd down back, but not both. Whichever one it is, it will most likely be their last year anyways. If we got Spann he could be that guy for us and he's 10 years younger, and more explosive. He's a sponge and would really benefit from a year with Caddie or Graham.

My perfect scenario is we cut Lumpkin, and don't resign Caddie. Keep Graham for this last year to be our third down back and to mentor Bradford and Spann. Bradford becomes our short yardage guy as well as Blount's main back up in case of injury. He also fills that part time FB role. Spann is mentored by Graham to become our 3rd down back, and Blount remains our #1 feature back. Fingers crossed!

I'll be really disappointed if we don't get Spann, which I know is likely...but my other guy is Nic Grigsby. He could also be our 3rd down back and he has that break away speed that everyone wants. He's not that small at 5'11" 200lbs, he's shifty as hell, and he ran a 4.38 at his pro day.

Sure wish the stay would be lifted today! I'm ready for some free agency and rookie camp!

Chad Spann 2009

Chad Spann 2010

Nic Grigsby 2010

Nic Gigsby Pro Day
: May 05, 2011, 08:14:46 AM JDouble

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 05, 2011, 08:21:09 AM

Maybe I should have some business cards made up that say DOM! SIGN CHAD SPANN! and go stick them under every windshield wiper at Raymond James and One Buc Place.  :P

scoots

Rookie
#24 : May 05, 2011, 09:40:33 AM

Good call on this kid ...fun to watch and for a little guy would be an interesting change of pace back with the strength to go through the middle...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 08, 2011, 01:24:43 AM

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 09, 2011, 08:43:05 AM

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2011/05/02/spann-kube-playing-the-waiting-game/a12p2n1/

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 09, 2011, 09:17:39 AM

Ray Rice. Same exact size. Same exact 40 time. Same toughness and refusal to go down. Spann is a Ray Rice clone. Can you imagine replacing Caddy with Ray Rice? Sign Chad Spann.

: May 09, 2011, 09:26:35 AM JDouble

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 09, 2011, 09:48:36 AM

He and Ray Rice have the same build. Rice was 4.46 and Spann is 4.53 not a big difference. The one thing IMHO that separates the two Spann doesn't have a lot of experience as a reciever only 23 receptions in his time at NIU. Not sure if that's a result of the backs there not being heavily involved in the passing game or what but the few games of his I watched last year I like the guy. He didn't look to hot in the Texas vs the Nation game but I don't let one game sway me his whole body of work is ok he just needs to prove to be a better receiver than his stats suggest and at minimum he'll be on someones PS. Hopefully ours for your sake Jdub!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 09, 2011, 10:50:00 AM

He and Ray Rice have the same build. Rice was 4.46 and Spann is 4.53 not a big difference. The one thing IMHO that separates the two Spann doesn't have a lot of experience as a reciever only 23 receptions in his time at NIU. Not sure if that's a result of the backs there not being heavily involved in the passing game or what but the few games of his I watched last year I like the guy. He didn't look to hot in the Texas vs the Nation game but I don't let one game sway me his whole body of work is ok he just needs to prove to be a better receiver than his stats suggest and at minimum he'll be on someones PS. Hopefully ours for your sake Jdub!

Ray Rice only had 37 receptions in college, and 25 of those came his senior year...so that's not much different than Spann's 23 receptions. As with any college RB, it's hard to tell if they have good hands or not when they aren't given the chance. It's not like he had more opportunities but had drops. Spann was thrown to 25 times in college and caught 23 of them. Seems pretty dependable to me.

With the 40 time, Ray Rice ran a 4.48 and 4.49 at the combine. Spann wasn't invited to the combine, so all we have to look at is his proday. He ran a 4.47 and a 4.53 at his pro day. None of that is exact science, but the 40 times are very close and their game speed in college looks very similar. Ray Rice, to me anyways, looks faster now in the NFL than he did in college. It might be because he was 198lbs at the combine, and now is listed as 217lbs. It's 20lbs more weight to carry but I think most of that weight gain was in his lower half which really increased his explosiveness and overall speed. Spann is currently 202lbs, but I would expect him to increase his lower body strength just like Rice and play around 215lbs just like Rice.

When I watch Spann I see some Frank Gore and some Ahmad Bradshaw....but mostly I see Ray Rice. It's the toughness, the refusal to go down, and the combination of balance, vision, and patience that really makes me like this kid. From that article I posted above though, it sounds like the Colts are going to pounce on him as soon as free agency starts.  >:(
: May 09, 2011, 10:53:32 AM JDouble

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One Last Man Crush Post « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools