Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman working out daily with Caddy and Clayton and others. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: April 26, 2011, 11:55:07 PM

Freeman keeps Bucs on task during labor dispute

BY ANWAR S. RICHARDSON

The Tampa Tribune

Published: April 26, 2011

Updated: 09:58 pm

TAMPA - Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman did not show up to One Buc Place on Tuesday because he already had offseason workout plans.

Freeman has worked out daily with Bucs running back Cadillac Williams and former Bucs receiver Michael Clayton, currently with the New York Giants, at the IMG Academy in Bradenton. While confusion about the lockout is being sorted out, Freeman continues to organize team and individual workouts as he tries to prepare teammates for the upcoming season.

"As a young group of guys, it's really important that we keep our momentum from last season going regardless of the state of the lockout," Freeman said.

Last week, Freeman organized a workout for all of Tampa Bay's skill position players, which he said had 100 percent attendance. Freeman said he and the players worked out at the University of South Florida for a week, running routes and working on plays.

Tampa Bay had the NFL's youngest team last year. The Buccaneers' final 53-man roster featured 29 players in their first or second years in the NFL. Of those 29 players, 18 were rookies.

Freeman led Tampa Bay to a 10-6 record in 2010 as the Bucs nearly made the playoffs. He threw for 3,451 yards, 25 touchdowns and had only six interceptions, becoming the first quarterback under the age of 23 to lead his team to a 10-win season since Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger in 2004.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 26, 2011, 11:57:49 PM

Ewww Frees, do you really have to hang out with two of the biggest busts in team history?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 26, 2011, 11:58:31 PM

WTH, Clayton? *THROWS UP*

He probably dropped ever pass Freeman put mustard behind.

Gruden draft BUST PICKS!

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#3 : April 27, 2011, 12:04:35 AM

Caddy aint no damn BUST!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 27, 2011, 12:23:29 AM

Yes he is

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

#5 : April 27, 2011, 12:26:35 AM

Sorry your a complete idiot!!

grotesktruth

Starter

#6 : April 27, 2011, 12:27:28 AM

Cadillac: admirable character. short NFL life. hopefully he can keep some kind of role with TB.
Clayton: sorry to hate, but he was the source of ANY hightened blood pressure from 2007-2009. nobody else's drops bothered me as much as his. bc he did it so FREEEquently.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 27, 2011, 12:27:43 AM

Yes he is

I think it is tough to call Caddy a bust. He had a tremendous rookie year then two serious knee injuries. Most people wouldn't even be playing football right but yet hes still is and is probably the best RB in the leauge at picking up the blitz and he can still break one here and there. Right now there isn't another RB in the league that I want as our 3rd down back.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 27, 2011, 12:30:53 AM

It doesn't matter, you can't factor out injury. The guy was a #5 overall pick, yes, he was a bust.

Sorry your a complete idiot!!

Stay classy. He's a bust, sorry.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 27, 2011, 12:32:50 AM

Yes he is

I think it is tough to call Caddy a bust. He had a tremendous rookie year then two serious knee injuries. Most people wouldn't even be playing football right but yet hes still is and is probably the best RB in the leauge at picking up the blitz and he can still break one here and there. Right now there isn't another RB in the league that I want as our 3rd down back.

Only an idiot would think Caddy was a bust.    Was it a "great" pick?    No.   But far from a bust.   To say he's been a bust shows ignorance to the meaning of the term "bust".

Booker Reese was a bust.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 27, 2011, 12:37:28 AM

Yes he is

Only an idiot would think Caddy was a bust.    Was it a "great" pick?    No.   But far from a bust.   To say he's been a bust shows ignorance to the meaning of the term "bust".

Booker Reese was a bust.

At the time of the pick, it was a really good pick. You can go on to say Caddy has been somewhat of a dissapointment since his rookie season but you can't lable him a bust. Especially since he has had two serious knee injuries and is still playing at a pretty decent level.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 27, 2011, 12:38:08 AM

I dont think he was a bust. He was serviceable for a few years and was a great pass protector for Freeman last year. Clayton on the other hand, big bust.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 27, 2011, 12:38:27 AM

Well, Java disagrees with me, so that means I'm right.

He was a #5 overall pick, he's only had one season over 4.0 YPC, and only one 1,000 yard season.

If having one good year is all it takes, then the #15 overall pick Michael Clayton shouldn't be called a bust either.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 27, 2011, 12:43:19 AM

Well, Java disagrees with me, so that means I'm right.

If you think Derrick Ward was a great free agent signing, then yes, being opposite to my opinion is a good thing.    I was about the only person on this entire forum who continually from day one called the Ward signing a bad one.   

Now, everyone realizes it...

cwintermans

Second String

#14 : April 27, 2011, 12:43:36 AM

Caddy will be a great role player and leader if he sticks with the bucs.  The team should give him a fair offer.  The only other team i could see him going to would be washington... which is kind of like going to  the "farm" that my mom took my old pet bunny went to when i was younger...

(washington is where old football players go to die)
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman working out daily with Caddy and Clayton and others. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools