Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman working out daily with Caddy and Clayton and others. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

grotesktruth

Starter

#15 : April 27, 2011, 12:47:56 AM

I dont think he was a bust. He was serviceable for a few years and was a great pass protector for Freeman last year. Clayton on the other hand, big bust.

Even then he really became a bust with a capital B. when some heroic gm (i won't slander thy name oh great draft picker) thought it might be a good idea to keep him for 5 YEARS!!! For 20 mil!  can you say "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 27, 2011, 12:48:44 AM

Well, Java disagrees with me, so that means I'm right.

If you think Derrick Ward was a great free agent signing, then yes, being opposite to my opinion is a good thing.    I was about the only person on this entire forum who continually from day one called the Ward signing a bad one.   

Now, everyone realizes it...

Well you know the old sayin, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
So the broken clock is one up on you.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 27, 2011, 12:49:28 AM

If you think Derrick Ward was a great free agent signing, then yes, being opposite to my opinion is a good thing.    I was about the only person on this entire forum who continually from day one called the Ward signing a bad one.   

If I'm not mistaken, you said he wouldn't even crack 4.0 YPC, you gloated about being right in that instance. Great.

Now how can a #5 overall pick have a 3.8 YPC over his career and not be considered a bust? That's a high draft pick plus boat loads of cash.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#18 : April 27, 2011, 12:49:48 AM

Except that I've been right more times than anyone else on this forum.    It's not that one instance, it's MANY.   

JDog

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 27, 2011, 12:52:51 AM

If I'm not mistaken, you said he wouldn't even crack 4.0 YPC, you gloated about being right in that instance. Great.

Gloated?    I really don't care to gloat about that.   But I bring it up when people say I'm wrong all the time.   That is a lie.     

I don't know about 4.0.   I used to laugh at people saying Ward was a 5.2 ypc type of guy.   One look at him in any game (even his best ones) and you can see he's nothing.    The homers here didn't realize it, but it was damn obvious.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 27, 2011, 12:53:32 AM

Now how can a #5 overall pick have a 3.8 YPC over his career and not be considered a bust? That's a high draft pick plus boat loads of cash.

Williams = 6 years/$31m
Ward = 4 years/$17m

JDog

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 27, 2011, 12:54:47 AM

One look at Williams on the field compared to Ward and it's obvious that Williams is a better back.

grotesktruth

Starter

#22 : April 27, 2011, 12:55:43 AM

why can't we all be glad that we have a 1-2 combo that almost works? I wouldn't worry so much to see Caddy play the back-up role as to anything that we would have to sacrifice (like good draft picks or players) in order to find a better back-up.

as far as pointing out who is right last time or the time before that or now... both of you : grow up.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 27, 2011, 12:59:19 AM

Hey, I'm not insulting Caddy.   I'm defending him.   

grotesktruth

Starter

#24 : April 27, 2011, 01:05:52 AM

i was just responding to haters in general.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 27, 2011, 01:07:04 AM

Carnell sucks.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 27, 2011, 01:07:48 AM

i was just responding to haters in general.

You mean like Boid?   I"m with ya.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 27, 2011, 01:08:40 AM

...and if I hear one more he is a serviceable third down back comment, I will **CENSORED** in your oatmeal.  Guys drafted that high should not be relegated to a mere third down, one trick blocking pony.  He should be able to toot the horn.  He can't.  Because he sucks as an NFL running back.  True.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 27, 2011, 01:11:16 AM

Oh yeah, did I mention this:

CARNELL SUCKS

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 27, 2011, 01:12:34 AM

I'm glad Freeman's been working with our skill players (y'know, what the article is on)

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman working out daily with Caddy and Clayton and others. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools