Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman working out daily with Caddy and Clayton and others. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 27, 2011, 04:56:53 PM

Blaze, you used the exact same phrasing that I did earlier... "Hope for more".  I hope for more too.  Statistically the first round of the draft is a crap shoot and I reserve the slur, "bust" for guys who are gone before they can contribute as much as Caddillac did to some of our wins last season.  At the end of the day its a matter of opinion but I reserve the right to feel those slinging the term inappropriately are acting immaturely.

Absolutely you do, and, sure enough, he helped us win several games last season.

But when your top five running back failed to average 3 (THREE!) yards a carry in a starting role, and was relegated to blocking (an area in which he's severely overrated on this board) and catching swing passes, then he's -- in my opinion -- a bust.

We could've signed a running back off the street to do what he did last season.

And a quick side note... his injuries were brutal, but I'm not a person that thinks his career was derailed by them.  He wasn't very good before he blew his knees, and -- compared to other first round running backs -- has been a big disappointment over the last six years.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#61 : April 27, 2011, 04:59:29 PM

RotY means nothing. Compare his rookie stats with other rookie RB's throughout the years, he couldn't hold most of their jockstraps. If one year is all it takes, then Michael Clayton isn't a bust either.

I've been preaching this for years. Put his stats vs the rookies the following yr, and he'd wouldn't have been top 5.

Take MJD for instance: 941 rushing, 436 receiving, 16 tds...... and he didn't win.

And a quick side note... his injuries were brutal, but I'm not a person that thinks his career was derailed by them.  He wasn't very good before he blew his knees....

Couldn't agree more. Peeps act like he was Adrian Peterson pre-injury when he wasn't even Matt Forte.
: April 27, 2011, 05:01:11 PM Hate

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

jbear

Pro Bowler

#62 : April 27, 2011, 05:25:56 PM

At this point we're just talking symantics anyhow.  If you guys want to toss around a word so casually that it loses all meaning suit yourselves. 

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#63 : April 27, 2011, 05:38:36 PM

At this point we're just talking symantics anyhow.  If you guys want to toss around a word so casually that it loses all meaning suit yourselves.

Sheesh.  How's the view from waaaay up there?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#64 : April 27, 2011, 08:28:31 PM

ON TOPIC (Moreso than it was) : Freeman's such a leader. I knew he'd have a plan. 8)

The 'Fro is the source of his power! :D

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

grotesktruth

Starter

#65 : April 27, 2011, 08:34:28 PM

ON TOPIC (Moreso than it was) : Freeman's such a leader. I knew he'd have a plan. 8)

The 'Fro is the source of his power! :D

no ....we want to argue Caddy's bust status till the cows come home.

ALL DUDE IS SAYING IS THAT THERE IS NO BLACK AND WHITE!
Caddy was definately not the best exercise of judgement by Grud-len at the #5 pick. hidsight is king, so yea there were def more talented players we could have opted for.
....but you cant say bust. disappointment maybe... (i think theres a dif)
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman working out daily with Caddy and Clayton and others. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools