Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's gonna be DeQuan Bowers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
« #30 : April 27, 2011, 04:56:08 PM »

Someone said it before, if Bowers makes it to the 20th pick, it means his knee is trashed and we don't want him.  If his knees are not a major concern, he'll be gone long before we pick

EXACTLY

Ive said it about a week ago but I'm sure other people have said the same.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #31 : April 27, 2011, 05:03:24 PM »

So using that same logic......

Tom Brady got passed over almost 200 times so I guess that means he must be no good. If he was good then someone would have drafted him?

Thats retarded logic. I'm not saying we draft an injury case. I'm saying what he had done was NOT a signficant injury or surgery and after all he had a hell of a year on that "bad" knee. What i'm saying is that the guy is a great talent and we should go with our evaluation on him.

No one else picked him therefore we shouldn't pick him logic is very dumb and a good way to miss out on a potential cornerstone, pending our own evaluation.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #32 : April 27, 2011, 05:31:10 PM »

Brady wasn't injured. Bowers was the number 1 consensus pick all off season. If he falls then the injury is serious. It's not about scouts opinion, it's about doctor's medical evaluation. Your Brady comparison is horrible. Fail.

Draft Aaron Donald

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

« #33 : April 27, 2011, 05:38:48 PM »

The Brady comparison does not fit at all.  Brady was an unknown that became a star; Bowers is a guy that was projected to be the number one pick, if he falls, that means the docs are seriously concerned about his health and longevity.

BucsWin31

Starter

« #34 : April 27, 2011, 05:50:57 PM »

Brady wasn't injured. Bowers was the number 1 consensus pick all off season. If he falls then the injury is serious. It's not about scouts opinion, it's about doctor's medical evaluation. Your Brady comparison is horrible. Fail.
Patrick Peterson is rated by many as the top overall prospect, but some dont have him going til pick 5....so what does that say? He's no good??

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

« #35 : April 27, 2011, 06:01:27 PM »

Aaron Rodgers was the highest rated quarterback by many and we all know how that ended up!!!! haha just thought I'd get in on it

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #36 : April 27, 2011, 06:05:33 PM »

I'm really torn on him. Bowers would no doubt be the BPA at that point, but do his injuries trump that? I'm sure someone before us will be willing to take that risk. So we shouldn't have to worry about it.

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #37 : April 27, 2011, 06:05:43 PM »

If Bowers free falls all the way to the 20s I hope MD isn't foolish enough to take Bowers and I don't think he is...

If he free falls his knee has to be a major concern and pretty bad.  If it wasn't that bad there is no way he'd free falls like that...it just would not make sense.  I mean this guy was the consensus #1 rated prospect before the knee thing was uncovered.

Baring a trade up for either guy...if Kerrigan, A. Smith, Jordan aren't there at 20 it'll be Ayers or Clayborn.  It's gotta be IMO.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
« #38 : April 27, 2011, 06:09:24 PM »

its very simple logic and its not retarded. your comparison is retarded. Since everyone had him as a top 3 pick and every team took a medical evaluation of him, Than I can logically assume his knee has serious problems if he drops to 20. If his knee issue is infact overblown the only people who would truly know are the actual NFL GM's, and Bowers will be taken long before the Bucs pick.

"What i'm saying is that the guy is a great talent and we should go with our evaluation on him."

Yes i get that and I'm sure fans for other teams are saying the same thing. He was the number 1 rated DE, its not like we are in some unique situation with him every team that wants a DE is thinking the same thing. If he fell to us at 20 and we take him that means we are indeed taking a risk in hopes that he'll have a healthy future. A risk that no other team that wanted a DE deemed worthy..

So using that same logic......

Tom Brady got passed over almost 200 times so I guess that means he must be no good. If he was good then someone would have drafted him?

Thats retarded logic. I'm not saying we draft an injury case. I'm saying what he had done was NOT a signficant injury or surgery and after all he had a hell of a year on that "bad" knee. What i'm saying is that the guy is a great talent and we should go with our evaluation on him.

No one else picked him therefore we shouldn't pick him logic is very dumb and a good way to miss out on a potential cornerstone, pending our own evaluation.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #39 : April 27, 2011, 06:31:59 PM »

Yeah I don't want to take a guy who might need microfracture on his knee and hope that we get return on investment out of him because it isn't a problem. He's more talent than you should expect at 20 but he's too much risk if he's there.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #40 : April 27, 2011, 07:21:38 PM »

If Bowers falls to #20, I'm thinking the Bucs are trading the pick to someone that wants him. If we are interested in taking a chance on a injured DE, I'd rather gamble on Romeus in the 3rd.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

grotesktruth

Starter

« #41 : April 27, 2011, 07:49:09 PM »

Bower's doctor said that his surgery while not full blown microfracture surgery had "elements" of it. One of the few NFL player I know of off hand who has played well for a period of time after microfracture surgery is Kellen Winslow. Here are some players who had it.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2009/09colstoninjury.php

Microfracture Surgery and NFL Players (Active and Retired)
Given that the information above focuses on all patients including your Average Joe, I thought it pertinent to take a look at the success rate in NFL players. Interestingly enough, a majority of the population consisted of non-skill position players or aging veterans. I'll walk through the players that I found and note the relevance of each.

•Kellen Winslow
In January 2007, Kellen Winslow had microfracture surgery on his knee at the age of 23. Winslow recovered quickly and had his best season as a pro in 2007 with 82 receptions, 1,160 yards, and five TDs. Very similar position to Colston and roughly the same age, which could be indicative of Colston's recovery. Two potentially indicative points to consider: 1) Winslow successfully returned to All-Pro form, and 2) Winslow recovered quickly after having surgery in January 2007.

did you notice that though winslow played all season, he rarely practiced bc of KNEE PROBLEMS. tell me how thats back. i bet winslow is gonna be done in another couple years, once he becomes less reliable. however...at least he had more than 1 contract, as the argument goes.

grotesktruth

Starter

« #42 : April 27, 2011, 07:53:50 PM »

and the logic of "the other guys didnt pick him so we shouldn't either" ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS retarded. otherwise we wouldn't  have 2 critical pieces to our trinity: Mike and LeGarrett.

from: http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Mock-Reality/bc154875-31fd-4042-886d-3c537011a751
"...The most common prediction for the Buccaneers’ first pick is Clemson defensive end Da’Quan Bowers, who was the choice in nine of the 20 mocks.  That selection is a good example of how draft opinions shift over time; as recently as January, Bowers was considered a strong possibility for the first overall pick.  Of course, Bowers’ relative stock strength in the mocks, both now and earlier in the year, represents the best collective guess of the media, not necessarily his true value to the NFL personnel men actually making the selections.  The difference between the January and April predictions for Bowers is tied to health concerns that not everyone agrees are truly concerning..."

just sayin...

« : April 27, 2011, 07:57:58 PM grotesktruth »

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #43 : April 27, 2011, 08:00:45 PM »

and the logic of "the other guys didnt pick him so we shouldn't either" ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS retarded. otherwise we wouldn't  have 2 critical pieces to our trinity: Mike and LeGarrett.

Dude, your analogies are terrible. The fact that we skipped over those guys was not injury related.

.....just sayin'

-------------------------------------------------------

grotesktruth

Starter

« #44 : April 27, 2011, 08:15:25 PM »

well im just talking about risky players in general. other teams skip good ops bc theyre scared of the risk that they wont pan out, whether bc of injury like bowers, or inappropriate conduct or w/e you want to call it with Mike.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's gonna be DeQuan Bowers « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools