Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WITH THE 20TH OVERALL PICK, THE BUCS SELECT IOWA DE ADRIAN CLAYBORN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#30 : April 28, 2011, 11:36:01 PM

PR said, Morris liked Jordan awhole lot so I was shocked. Guess we can throw that TE prediction in round two away.

Clayborn will be a solid fit here. I don't see the 12-14 sack potential annually from him but we should be happy with a great run stuffing end that'll provide I'd say 7-8 sack potential per year.

I am totally not thrilled with this pick. I see 1-2 sacks per year not 12-14.

1-2 sacks a year?  Your crazy.  If we can get at least 4 sacks a year with Stylez "I dont' like to practice" White...I'm sure he'll put up at minimum 5 sacks a year but more see him getting 7-8.  But sacks aren't everything.  The dude is a great run stopper and guess what?  We needed that just about as much as we needed a pass rusher.  Good pick

Ofeensive lineman will know he is only capable of using one arm. and he will get driven back on every play.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 28, 2011, 11:36:24 PM

Don't like the pick. At best....the Bucs just drafted Greg Spires at No. 20.

Greg Spires at WORST

freddy

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 28, 2011, 11:40:57 PM

Strange thought maybe, he is a good run defense DE with pass rush ability. Maybe Dom knows Bowers will fall to them in the 2nd so he got the run best DE in the first with the intent to get the pass rushing DE in round 2? Just an idea.

To be honest, I think Clayborn is a quality player and better than any DE we have on the team now. I hope he turns into a star but I think he will just be an average player and considered a reach.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 28, 2011, 11:42:39 PM

Great pick. Clayborn will shine next to the DTs we have, I can't wait for him to prove guys like prowl wrong.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 28, 2011, 11:44:04 PM

PR said, Morris liked Jordan awhole lot so I was shocked. Guess we can throw that TE prediction in round two away.

Clayborn will be a solid fit here. I don't see the 12-14 sack potential annually from him but we should be happy with a great run stuffing end that'll provide I'd say 7-8 sack potential per year.

I am totally not thrilled with this pick. I see 1-2 sacks per year not 12-14.

1-2 sacks a year?  Your crazy.  If we can get at least 4 sacks a year with Stylez "I dont' like to practice" White...I'm sure he'll put up at minimum 5 sacks a year but more see him getting 7-8.  But sacks aren't everything.  The dude is a great run stopper and guess what?  We needed that just about as much as we needed a pass rusher.  Good pick

You don't draft a DE in the first round for 4 sacks a year.

He went from double digit sacks to 3 in COLLEGE because he was double teamed.  If he can't handle a double team in College, what chance does he have in the NFL? That is my major problem.

I really, really hope I am wrong but if you cannot perform in College then the chances of you performing in the NFL is pretty slim. Case in point what we have on the roster now. Who was the guy we drafted in the 4th round on 'potential?"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 28, 2011, 11:45:43 PM

He went from double digit sacks to 3 in COLLEGE because he was double teamed. Iowa changed to a 2-gap scheme.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 28, 2011, 11:48:20 PM

I can honestly say I'll hold judgement, however I do not agree with this pick at all. Esp. with Cameron Jordan available. I still feel like with ATL being drastic and giving away a damn near complete draft to jump up and take Julio Jones, we should have jumped infront of the Giants and took Amukamara. He was there for the taking and we let him slip away.

It was shades of Richard Marshall all over again. I feel like we settled on Adrian Clayborn. We shall see, Hopefully he'll come in with our two future stud DT's in McCoy and Price and tear it up.

jeanclaud

Starter

#37 : April 28, 2011, 11:51:40 PM

I can honestly say I'll hold judgement, however I do not agree with this pick at all.

What?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 28, 2011, 11:54:16 PM

In Dominik I trust... I like the guy's size(280+), run-stopping skill, non-stop motor, and especially his change of direction skill. Millard will coach him up to be a monster pass-rusher.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 28, 2011, 11:57:40 PM

He went from double digit sacks to 3 in COLLEGE because he was double teamed. Iowa changed to a 2-gap scheme.

I seriously hope you are right.

Just listening to Bucs.com now and they are talking about the FO were thinking about trading UP to get him. Ow! I think they could have traded down a whole round and still got him. I hope the rest of the weekend is not going to be this scary.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 28, 2011, 11:58:13 PM

I don't agree with it, but before I bash it, I'll let it play out. not that hard to comprehend hoss.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 29, 2011, 12:00:04 AM

I've seen some of the draft preview reels, I was impressed, especially his ability to shed blocks. Still, when I heard the pick, I groaned a bit, I think I would gone with Jordan...still we'll give a chance.

Hopefully Clayborn and McCoy make a dynamic duo!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 29, 2011, 12:01:44 AM

I think they could have traded down a whole round and still got him.

Not a chance, IMO.  Saints were all over him.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 29, 2011, 12:05:44 AM

I like the pick personally.  I think the guy has the tools to be a good pass rusher in this league as well as a dominant run stopper as well.

sg1977nc

Starter
#44 : April 29, 2011, 12:08:47 AM

I just think that NFL LT's will figure out ways to get leverage on that bad shoulder, and he will become a liability. Also 2 Gap system or not, great players make plays.  The big 10 has a few quality LT's, but it is not like he was playing in the SEC or something where every other guy he goes up against will be in the NFL.   Last year he played against 1 guy that will be playing on Sunday's, and was shut down.   

Should've went with Jordan and got our 10 year starter, 8-10 sack a year, stud run defender LDE, and picked up a quality edge rusher in rd 2 (sheard, elmore) or rd3 (romeus).  Jordan had production in college, athleticism, scheme versatility, and he obliterated everyone that tried to block him at the senior bowl.

I just don't get it at all.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WITH THE 20TH OVERALL PICK, THE BUCS SELECT IOWA DE ADRIAN CLAYBORN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools