Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayborn: I’ll “Kick Offensive Linemen’s Asses” « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #30 : April 29, 2011, 12:29:44 AM »

Where were all these Clayborn guys prior to the draft?

It's called homerism.    Most of the posters on here are just obsequious boot-lickers who praise any move at all the team makes.
Nah, its the fact that you're the only Kerrigan fanboy that is balsy enough to post.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #31 : April 29, 2011, 12:30:50 AM »

Bucs should have traded up to get Kerrigan.    We knew all along they needed to do that to get him.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #32 : April 29, 2011, 12:39:41 AM »

If the Bucs wanted Kerrigan over Clayborn(or Amukamara for that matter) they would have traded up. They did it for Freeman and Benn, and they probably didn't even have to for either of them. They aren't afraid to trade for who they want. Clayborn was generally ranked as pretty late in the 1st round so they didn't feel it was necessary to trade up for him, but it's pretty clear that Clayborn is the guy they wanted. The signs were all there for a while, we simply wanted other guys so we chose to ignore them.

Now he's here, and we have the option to support the pick or complain about it. Considering our first two drafts, the former option is clearly the logical one. By all means, if Clayborn busts, feel free to complain about this draft. But in the meantime, there's no reason to not support our new guy simply because we personally had doubts. At the end of the day, Raheem and Dom know 100x more about any of these guys than we do. That doesn't guarantee that the pick was the right one, but it certainly gives me reason to take their word over mine until they actually screw up on a first round pick. And, as always, I'd rather be horribly wrong every single time if it benefits the team. I hope Clayborn proves me wrong just like Freeman did.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #33 : April 29, 2011, 12:42:07 AM »

Yep, this shouldn't have been a surprise when the last player we brought in for a visit was Adrian Clayborn. It was almost like a confirmation visit for the FO, he was the guy they already liked.

I would have liked Jordan, but we'll see. Welcome to Tampa Adrian Clayborn, is about all you can say at this point. On to Day 2!

ALong13

Pro Bowler
« #34 : April 29, 2011, 12:43:45 AM »

I really, really wanted Kerrigan, but life will move on without him. Worst of luck to him in Washington. Clayborn has an excellent motor and work ethic. I didn't want Cameron Jordan honestly nor Bowers, Bowers knee scares the **CENSORED** out of me, and Jordan to me won't be a pass rusher in the NFL. Clayborn has that potential.

Raheem said he'll be our starting right end, and I think he'll be a good one at that. I just really wanted Kerrigan, I thought Kerrigan was the best DE in this draft, and was willing to trade up to get him, sadly it didn't happen. Thankfully though we didn't pull a Falcons trade and give up everything. Jones isn't that good. Jake Locker over Gabbert? Stupid. Jaguars got the best QB in the draft by far. Sucks we didn't get Kerrigan, but Clayborn says all the right things, hopefully he can back it up. He'll definitely help our DTs, hopefully now we can land Romeus in the 2nd

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #35 : April 29, 2011, 12:46:10 AM »

I sure hope he can backup the talk.  I wasn't overly excited about the pick, but I always give guys a chance to prove me wrong.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

« #36 : April 29, 2011, 12:50:15 AM »

Yeah right.. this guy is going to be getting run over more than a traffic cone in the middle of I-4.

Your tears are delicious like a nectar from the Olympian Gods.

Nom nom nom.

I wish I felt better about the pick.. but this guy just doesn't have the tools to do be anymore than Greg Spires V 2.

grotesktruth

Starter

« #37 : April 29, 2011, 12:51:55 AM »

Yeah right.. this guy is going to be getting run over more than a traffic cone in the middle of I-4.

lolololol. i disagree. but funny

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #38 : April 29, 2011, 12:53:59 AM »

Clayborn is the pick I was expecting, and he is certainly tough.  He has a motor.  He is stronger than advertised.  He is quicker than most on the line.

He is a solid pick.  Wish we had Jordan, but not suprised by the pick.

Clayborn is tough...he is not Spires.  He is quicker.

Barring injury, the dude will get 7 sacks next year.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #39 : April 29, 2011, 12:54:59 AM »

Guys, THIS IS WHO TAMPA WANTED. We never actually targeted kerrigan. Adrian WANTS to be here and he's already bonding with McCoy. Give him a chance.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

grotesktruth

Starter

« #40 : April 29, 2011, 12:55:45 AM »

no link?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #41 : April 29, 2011, 01:01:03 AM »

Here's the link: http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/GM-Mark-Dominiks-PC---Day-1-Draft-Wrap-Up/9bfd61dc-5d68-4b4f-86c2-b3e13bc27270

"He was hoping and Praying to be a buc"

"I was hoping i could avoid trading up for him"

theres more.

JDog

Hall of Famer

« #42 : April 29, 2011, 01:02:52 AM »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

« #43 : April 29, 2011, 01:27:50 AM »

I like it. Exciting!

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #44 : April 29, 2011, 01:40:50 AM »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Must you? you seem awfully rude doing that to a guy that just got here.

But yeah, Raheem had an interview on him too.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayborn: I’ll “Kick Offensive Linemen’s Asses” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools