Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One major letdown! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 29, 2011, 01:19:06 PM

I wagered leaving the board forever on the Cinncinatti game with some guy named WelshBuc ;)

LOL...   And we know who that is.  Java has more mults than I have ever seen on any board.

Sorry, but you are wrong again.   That was a guy who goes by the name of Skull and Bones most of the time.   He was also named Raheem the Buffoon prior to that.   He came in and was having some fun at your expense when I left the board for a while.  Trust me, it was not me because at that point I was not interested in posting here at all.

I always admit it when I am using a screen name.   I actually only have JDog and JavaRay on this board.   I use JavaRay to read insider stuff but dont post with it anymore.

How about when you had that meltdown on that Bucs Territory board?  I forgot your name over there.  Was it....WorldsBiggest**CENSORED**Bag.....or something like that?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#31 : April 29, 2011, 01:21:26 PM

I think my screen name over there was Java. 

That board is dead now by the way since i left it.    I told incognito to be careful what he wished for...

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 29, 2011, 01:22:23 PM

One major letdown......is the perfect title for this thread  :)

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#33 : April 29, 2011, 01:26:07 PM

One major letdown......is the perfect title for this thread  :)

And it's a thread about the Clayborn draft pick.   Sorry to hear that's a letdown for you.   I think it's ok.   Just not the best pick they could have made.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 29, 2011, 01:29:04 PM

I was referring to the thread....not the pick. Nobody will know if it was a good pick for at least a few years.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 29, 2011, 01:30:20 PM

I think my screen name over there was Java. 

That board is dead now by the way since i left it.    I told incognito to be careful what he wished for...

You think you are the reason for the demise of that board?  It had more to do with PR getting their act together over here after the changes.  A suggestion for your next screen name.    WorldsBiggestEgomaniac

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 29, 2011, 01:35:43 PM

If it would've taken a 2nd to move up and get Kerrigan, would you still wanted to do it?  Because that's the likely situation.  I agree it's a bit of a let down with Jordan on the board, but not trading up to get Kerrigan, while it was a bit disappointing not to get him, probably wasn't a mistake.

Neubi

Second String

#37 : April 29, 2011, 01:50:36 PM

Erb's Palsy comes in different degrees and the most common cause of it is indeed a rough childbirth. You're dealing with the deltoid, brachialis, maybe the triceps muscles in the arm and with a trio of different nerves. He's obviously not damaged to the degree of Kaiser Wilhelm II or Joseph Stalin (the most famous sufferers of this affliction), but it would be interesting to examine his range of motion, particularly last year compared to his junior year.

Well...if he doesn't pan out as a NFL DE, he still could be an emperor  :-\

Fine, I'll go build my own Bulletin Board! With blackjack and hookers!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 29, 2011, 01:54:04 PM

Erb's Palsy comes in different degrees and the most common cause of it is indeed a rough childbirth. You're dealing with the deltoid, brachialis, maybe the triceps muscles in the arm and with a trio of different nerves. He's obviously not damaged to the degree of Kaiser Wilhelm II or Joseph Stalin (the most famous sufferers of this affliction), but it would be interesting to examine his range of motion, particularly last year compared to his junior year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that Erb's Palsy does not escalate over time after the original infliction

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 29, 2011, 01:54:56 PM

I think Rahminik's idea is to bring in players on the line that just simply disrupt. That's it. Rah once said that a "hurry" was almost as good as a sack, or about the same really. I agree with that assessment. The whole idea is to make the QB do something he doesn't want to or isn't prepared for. In otherwords, run around or get sacked quick.

So now we have Clayborn, McCoy, Price, Teen wolf or another draft pick (Bowers?)

Regarding this Clayborn pick. IMO it was ALL based on attitudes of the players and the "safety" of the pick. Clayborn was already a leader on his college team, is a guy that doesn't seem to have off-field issues, and still was a good player. Some of the other DE's Dom & Rah lost love for after hearing about injuries and bad behavior I'm sure. They can't afford another pothead, wife-beater, drunk, and darn sure don't want to waste a first on a very questionable knee injury regardless of how talented they were in college. Now, If they feel like pulling that trigger in the second, that wouldn't be such a waste, but keep in mind, several other teams are probably thinking the same thing.

The ONLY thing that is a "letdown" about this pick, is the fact that he has Clay in his name. The other guy Clay(ton), wasn't so good.  ;)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 29, 2011, 01:55:31 PM

But Playing it safe has never been my style.

So you let the ladyboys bareback you?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 29, 2011, 01:58:06 PM

With all the talk by Dominick about making sure to draft a two contract player and then passing on Bowers.

Do some of you HONESTLY think he would wiff on Clayborn's health this epically?

Realistically think about that.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 29, 2011, 02:09:35 PM

according to Dominick, it will not infact get worse. he has already overcame it.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

kjbugman

Starter

#43 : April 29, 2011, 02:12:06 PM

I was very pissed that we passed on Bowers for Clayborn. Bowers is unstoppable. I know there are injury concerns, but in order to win a championship I think you have to go for the juggular, and Bowers is definitely the high risk, high reward pick. Clayborn is said to be a low risk, consistent guy. Only thing is, we don't know if its a low risk 3-6 sacks a year, or a low risk 8-10 sacks a year

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 29, 2011, 02:19:10 PM

You sign up as a user to post that? One pick and its not someone you like and you lose all respect for Dom??

He has had Erb's palsy his entire life, including his junior season.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One major letdown! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools