Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dom's first bust? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: April 29, 2011, 01:00:11 AM

This guy has more red flags than anyone the Bucs drafted in recent memory in the first round.

This is not a safe pick at all. That's for sure. If he has a weakness in his arm and other teams exploit it...he's done. You can get away with all sorts of weaknesses at the lower levels in football. But in the pros, not so much. This is a bigger roll of the dice than Bowers would have been, A bigger problem is the drop off in production.

Either Dominik will look like a master with this pick or this will be his first major bust.

As far as compared to what other teams in the division did....I think the Bucs did the worst. Falcons and Saints mortgaged their future but got solid players that will produce. The Panthers are gambling with Cam Newton but how much worse could they be than last year? Us? We got a DE with countless red flags.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : April 29, 2011, 01:01:20 AM

Looks pretty bustacious to me.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 29, 2011, 01:03:54 AM

The production thing pretty much was when they changed schemes that didn't allow him to get after the QB like he did his JR year.

I'm worried though that'll he have fatigue concerns like he did in college and be gassed in the 4th QTR when we need to stop Brees/Newton/Ryan.

chad1336

Starter

#3 : April 29, 2011, 01:04:33 AM

I reserve my opinion for a few years.  Although, when we picked Freeman two years ago, I totally hated the pick.  This year, I thought for sure, we would take Cameron Jordan or perhaps Bowers, but I'm sure Dom and Rah have their reasons for choosing Clayborn over those other guys.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 29, 2011, 01:04:58 AM

"His arm will not limit him, he fits where we wanted him anyway" - Dom.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 29, 2011, 01:05:16 AM

What if Clayborn comes out roses with 7 sacks, and Julio and Ingram don;t do schidt?

I think Cam Jordan is studly...but we got what the biggest fans of the team want.  And I think Clayborn is tough as nails.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 29, 2011, 01:05:53 AM

I've stated my peace in other threads and taken heat for it. So be it. I don't like the pick on many levels. But I'm not putting it past Dom to do better in the coming rounds. It really doesn't matter which round you get the studs in as long as you get them. But of course history shows that it's tougher to get them later. I'd love to see a Mason Foster in Round 2 or a Dontay Moch at some point. Romeus is a popular pick with many posters and could be better than Clayborn. Kendricks could be a great long-term pick and I wouldn't be disappointed at all if Mikel Leshoure or Rodney Hudson winds up with the Bucs. Plenty of rounds to go.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 29, 2011, 01:07:01 AM

BF, I rarely disagree with you, but if he gets 7 sacks next year I'll be surprised and delighted. Anything above that on a regular basis and I'll be totally stunned. Thinking perennial 3-6 sack guy.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 29, 2011, 01:10:23 AM

This guy has more red flags than anyone the Bucs drafted in recent memory in the first round.

This is not a safe pick at all. That's for sure. If he has a weakness in his arm and other teams exploit it...he's done. You can get away with all sorts of weaknesses at the lower levels in football. But in the pros, not so much. This is a bigger roll of the dice than Bowers would have been, A bigger problem is the drop off in production.

Either Dominik will look like a master with this pick or this will be his first major bust.

As far as compared to what other teams in the division did....I think the Bucs did the worst. Falcons and Saints mortgaged their future but got solid players that will produce. The Panthers are gambling with Cam Newton but how much worse could they be than last year? Us? We got a DE with countless red flags.

Oh hell, I didn't know the draft was over already. I thought there was 6 more rounds and 7 more picks coming.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bashear

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 29, 2011, 01:12:28 AM

Hmmmm. A classic case of Premature Ebustulation. He was drafted a little over two hours ago...

How do you know Clayborn is a bigger roll of the dice than Bowers, who has not yet been drafted?

Falcons spent four draft picks to flip their first-round draft pick in order to pick a raw, but physically talented #2 WR. How will he turn out? We don't know.

The Saints got a DE that they can sure put to use, but traded back into the first with their second-round pick and 2012 first-round pick to get the lowest-drafted RB in NFL history. They already have Pierre Thomas (who kept Mendenhall on the bench in college) and Chris Ivory. Seems like one of the many RBs that will be available throughout the draft might have been a good addition for the Saints RB crew (looks like Bush might be on the way out) and would have saved the Saints next year's first.

The Panthers almost had to go with Cam.

But all in all, we'll have to wait a while to see how this draft pans out. Sure the Saints and the Falcons were aggressive, but will their moving around pay off in the long run? I don't know. And I can't say how Clayborn with pay off for us, but I don't see him as having countless red flags. That's just an emotional overreaction to a guy you're not high on.

grotesktruth

Starter

#10 : April 29, 2011, 01:12:46 AM

well at least we set the bar low huh?

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 29, 2011, 01:21:50 AM

well at least we set the bar low huh?

That's how its been since Gruden left. When he was here the bar was so high he couldnt possibly reach it.

Now the bar is set so low that RahDom can't possibly miss it.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 29, 2011, 01:24:01 AM

ROFLMAO. Great post, cyber. Bad news if it were limbo time!

In Verner We Trust

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#13 : April 29, 2011, 01:26:08 AM

I love how people on this board know more about Erb's Palsy and Clayborn's limitations from it than the Buc's GM, Scouting department, Medical Dept., head coach, and 2 D-line coaches.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 29, 2011, 01:30:55 AM

ahahahahahahahahahaha

lolololololololol

*catches breath*

No but seriously, are you really calling him Dominik's first bust about 3 hours after he was drafted?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dom's first bust? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools