Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dom's first bust? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

bashear

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 29, 2011, 01:32:09 AM

well at least we set the bar low huh?
The bar has been set--develop a team that is competitive year-in and year-out. Do so in a way that, if you make the playoffs, you are more than just first-round fodder for real teams.

I'll evaluate the player by watching him play for the Bucs, not by calling him a bust two hours after he's drafted.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 29, 2011, 01:37:06 AM

Speaking as someone with CEREBRAL Palsy...He is in better condition than you think. His palsy does not get worse. he's just born with it and most people with such limitations (like me) Adapt very quickly and can often preform as if we never missed anything. Would you believe i type with one finger? I may make spelling mistakes here or there, nbut certanly am good enough to write a whole book this way. (And i do love writing! :))

I would then ask you all to consider that he wanted to come here. We can find the best way to use him im sure. don't worry.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : April 29, 2011, 01:42:27 AM

I'll evaluate the player by watching him play for the Bucs, not by calling him a bust two hours after he's drafted.

And how is that any fun now?   

bashear

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 29, 2011, 01:44:25 AM

And how is that any fun now?
Well, it's not, but it will be starting in September, should things with NFL go as they're going now.

grotesktruth

Starter

#19 : April 29, 2011, 01:46:33 AM

The bar has been set--develop a team that is competitive year-in and year-out. Do so in a way that, if you make the playoffs, you are more than just first-round fodder for real teams.

mm...i was talking about somebody who said that he was only gonna get a couple sacks....that s a pretty low bar. at least the guy has low expectations, so when he does surpass them, he can be happy.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 29, 2011, 01:50:35 AM

ROFLMAO. Great post, cyber. Bad news if it were limbo time!

Haha.  Maybe that's why the Glazers hired Raheem.   They set the bar a certain height and wanted the coach to achieve lower than the bar, not above it.   I should have known the Glazers were limbo fans all along.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 29, 2011, 01:51:46 AM

The Bucs have a lot of problems on the DL as well as the entire defense. They needed a solid pick. They cannot afford to bust picks because they are a team that refuses to consider free agency. So if Clayborn busts, we lose Talib this year and Barber next year, and Brian Price doesnt pick up his game, the defense is in real serious s***.

This is a bad pick because it's a risky one.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 29, 2011, 01:51:57 AM

mm...i was talking about somebody who said that he was only gonna get a couple sacks....that s a pretty low bar. at least the guy has low expectations, so when he does surpass them, he can be happy.
Ah, I see that now. My mistake.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 29, 2011, 01:54:45 AM

The Bucs have a lot of problems on the DL as well as the entire defense. They needed a solid pick. They cannot afford to bust picks because they are a team that refuses to consider free agency. So if Clayborn busts, we lose Talib this year and Barber next year, and Brian Price doesnt pick up his game, the defense is in real serious s***.

It's an important pick, for sure, unless we get lucky later on.

We may not lose Talib, but we do have to prepare for Barber's departure.

I don't worry about Price picking up his game--I worry about him not being able to stay healthy.

DanishBucFan

Second String
#24 : April 29, 2011, 02:04:05 AM

I really do not see the pick as more risky than most others. Clayborn is strong (forget the combine reps in light of the Palsy), he hustles well, solid character, plays both the run and the pass. Even though his production fell off last year he has produced well in a one-gap system. Much safer pick than one with true medical problems like Bowers or character issues like Jimmy Smith imo.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 29, 2011, 02:10:37 AM

You ever watch the kid play or are basing your opinion on what you here from the talking heads at ESPN?

Clayborn had a disability as a child that he has overcome. He is a physical specimen that has worked very had to overcome a disability. Kid is going to be a monster.

As for Atlanta. They took a huge risk in taking a WR they never even had in for a workout. Last I checked Atlanta offense was strong but their Secondary was weak. I really thought they were moving up for a CB. I'm more worried about the Saints. We already know they are good and they just got better.

Bucs are building for the long haul. Saints and Falcons will regret these moves.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 29, 2011, 02:13:53 AM

Can we at least give the player a chance on the field before we proclaim him to be a bust? He has not even suited up and some are already up-in-arms with the pick. Based on what Dominik and Morris have done to rebuild and stock the team with talent. They deserve to be trusted. I for one actually like the selection of Clayborn.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 29, 2011, 02:14:57 AM

That's how its been since Gruden left. When he was here the bar was so high he couldnt possibly reach it.

You mean the bar he set when he drafted Gaines Adams with the 4th pick? That bar?

dont believe the hype

Practice Squad

#28 : April 29, 2011, 02:20:34 AM

Gruden is genius? Glad to see gradkowski worked out. Everybody has a crystal ball. Chill out on the pick we have 6 others to go and every pick that dominick has drafted since he's been here is also better than bruce allen has ever did . Lol good one that was grudens's boy from the oakland era.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 29, 2011, 03:27:53 AM

Atlanta traded their half of this year and half of next years draft for a guy that had a mid round grade until he had a great combine. Unfortunately for Atlanta, hes gotta play with pads

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dom's first bust? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools