Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dom's first bust? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#60 : April 29, 2011, 04:41:43 PM

Jason, it's more interesting to overreact. And I figure I can't lose in this deal: if he's good, the Bucs are good and I feel great. I won't care about being wrong. But if I'm right, then I'm right. No real satisfaction other than knowing my perception was correct. Hope 1 is to be wrong. But if I'm right I'd rather be right sooner rather than later to find his replacement. We don't need another Mc80 who was a Buc three years too long.

In Verner We Trust

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#61 : April 29, 2011, 04:50:14 PM

Jason, it's more interesting to overreact. And I figure I can't lose in this deal: if he's good, the Bucs are good and I feel great. I won't care about being wrong. But if I'm right, then I'm right. No real satisfaction other than knowing my perception was correct. Hope 1 is to be wrong. But if I'm right I'd rather be right sooner rather than later to find his replacement. We don't need another Mc80 who was a Buc three years too long.

as a fan this doesnt make any sense to me.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Coburn1

Starter

#62 : April 29, 2011, 05:29:51 PM

He's either wrong and happy we got a great player or he's right and thinks it makes him look smart. Not exactly courageous, but he supposes it's a win win. It's a little bit like Java saying he went out on a limb predicting 0-16 in another thread. If you're wrong people can only rag on you so much because you supposedly took such a big risk in predicting something so bold (at least on the surface) and if by some fluke you happen to be right you look brilliant. In this case it's more of a crap shoot and he could very likely be correct as with any pick but you get the drift.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#63 : April 29, 2011, 05:33:53 PM

If you want to think about it even moreso, one could say McCoy did not perform as well as he should have, given his draft status and collegiate hype and production, and Brian Price was projected to go round 1, higher than Alualu in almost allmocks I saw, and he didn't do squat.  You add in Clayborn this year, and if McCoy and Price do not perform well, and Clayborn is a 2-4 sack DE in year 1, and you have to begin to wonder how much does Dom really know how to draft D-lineman in the early stages of the game?

Time will tell.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#64 : April 29, 2011, 05:41:42 PM

"Dom's first bust?"

Isn't McCoy in the running for that title?

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#65 : April 29, 2011, 05:46:31 PM

McCoy will get 8+ sacks this year, he won't be Dom's first bust. Watch the tape, go deeper in the numbers, McCoy is going to be right there with the best of them.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#66 : April 29, 2011, 06:03:01 PM

McCoy will get 8+ sacks this year, he won't be Dom's first bust. Watch the tape, go deeper in the numbers, McCoy is going to be right there with the best of them.

"...with the best of them."

With the best of them as in Suh's class? Uh, no.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#67 : April 29, 2011, 06:08:03 PM

At the end of his career, people will look back on it and say McCoy was well worth the #3 overall pick.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dom's first bust? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools