Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I The Only One? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
: April 29, 2011, 01:18:09 AM

Who else is pumped about having Clayborn line up at RDE for us?? Lots of fools out on the board bashing him before he's even played. Lots of people going to be eating crow.

Its obvious that MD wanted him all along now so why would all of you guys not trust his judgment. Very hypocritical since 90% praise MD but are now calling this a dumb pic.

Clayborn baby! welcome to Tampa.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 29, 2011, 01:20:24 AM

I'll eat crow. I'm a nonbeliever. But I do like his interviews.I don't think character is an issue at all. The question simply is this: Can he be an 8-10 sack guy a year in the NFL?

In Verner We Trust

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#2 : April 29, 2011, 01:22:04 AM

Ya, you are the only one.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 29, 2011, 01:22:31 AM

Right on brotha.  Some of you guys seem hung up on sack numbers. If he in in the backfield distrupting plays on a regular basis is that not a good thing?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

grotesktruth

Starter

#4 : April 29, 2011, 01:22:45 AM

the only thing i would have questioned would have been not picking a DE after Prince was taken off. guess we're all a bunch  of homers. **shrugs whatdayado? criticize every decision dom makes?

bashear

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 29, 2011, 01:24:22 AM

I'm excited as heck to see him play in a Bucs' uniform. I want to see what this guy can do on our line.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 29, 2011, 01:26:17 AM

3.5 sacks isn't a hangup; it's a good GPA maybe, but when it comes to sacks it's ugly.

In Verner We Trust

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 29, 2011, 01:27:08 AM

I'll be pumped when reports have it that he is down in the 270's. There is just no way in hell he can play DE FULL-TIME as Dominick/Morris speaks at that weight. He'll be asking for the oxy-mask so fast at that much it'll be like watching a fat women after she ran a marathon. Once that comes to fruition, I think we'll have ourselves a player.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 29, 2011, 01:27:18 AM

I am okay with the choice.  I know what I see.

The one thing I am disconcerted about is the Dominik interviews.

Here is why.

I think there is too much emphasis placed on his work to the community in Des Moines, his being elected to Team Captain status, twice.  These are good things, but there is not much talk about him as a football player, aside from the things a joe schlep like muyself has stated.  He hustles, he does not have a bad gear.  He is tough as hell.  He goes gangbusters.

But his lack of production as a senior is disconcerting, and is truly the only dent in his suit of steel.

Dominik really kept mentioning these things, and it almost appears that he is addressing the character concerns regarding the team to an overt extent.  I think winning cures all ills, and the coach is responsible for handling these matters.  He is trying to sell tickets, which is fine, but at the expense of winning V. character concerns.  The blackouts are really screwing with their heads (the F.O.).  Of course it will, but win games baby!  The fans will come if you put up another 10 wins, regardless of team character issues, IMO. 

Sell winning.  The team will enjoy watching Clayborn play, watch his motor.  That is fine.  I got that from watching youtube videos for hours on end.

His lack of production is really disturbing (Clayborn).  That is the only concern, and I am not worried about the the Erbs.  He has dealt with it his whole life, it might even be an advantage in regards to how he initially attacks.

The worse case scenario is that he ends up like that dude from 300...give me some credit...

Go Bucs!

: April 29, 2011, 01:31:02 AM Boid Fink

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#9 : April 29, 2011, 01:28:41 AM

Kerrigan, Cam J, and Prince all had strong characters as well.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 29, 2011, 01:30:49 AM

I am okay with the choice.  I know what I see.

The one thing I am disconcerted about is the Dominik interviews.

Here is why.

I think there is too much emphasis placed on his work to the community in Des Moines, his being elected to Team Captain status, twice.  These are good things, but there is not much talk about him as a football player, aside from the things a joe schlep like muyself has stated.  He hustles, he does not have a bad gear.  He is tough as hell.  He goes gangbusters.

But his lack of production as a senior is disconcerting, and is truly the only dent in his suit of steel.

Dominik really kept mentioning these things, and it almost appears that he is addressing the character concerns regarding the team to an overt extent.  I think winning cures all ills, and the coach is responsible for handling these matters.  He is trying to sell tickets, which is fine, but at the expense of winning V. character concerns.  The blackouts are really screwing with their heads (the F.O.).  Of course it will, but win games baby!  The fans will come if you put up another 10 wins, regardless of team character issues, IMO. 

Sell winning.  The team will enjoy watching Clayborn play, watch his motor.  That is fine.  I got that from watching youtube videos for hours on end.

His lack of production is really disturbing (Clayborn).  That is the only concern, and I am not worried about the the Erbs.  He has dealt with it his whole life, it might even be an advantadge in regards to how he initially attacks.

The worse case scenario is that he ends up like that dude from 300...give me some credit...

Go Bucs!

Lack of production is only disturbing if you measure that by sack numbers.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Larry Brackins

Starter
#11 : April 29, 2011, 01:35:50 AM

Kerrigan, Cam J, and Prince all had strong characters as well.
2 of which weren't available when we drafted.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#12 : April 29, 2011, 01:51:33 AM

I am; this guy has some of the best physical tools tested out of all the Dlinemen at the combine(those tests that matter the most).  I had heard about the reasons for his dropoff and then the whole two time captain thing; he's perhaps one of the most underrated picks so far!

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#13 : April 29, 2011, 01:53:12 AM

sounds like the Bucs players are also excited!

grotesktruth

Starter

#14 : April 29, 2011, 02:00:07 AM

sounds like the Bucs players are also excited!

....they kinda have to be. you gotta be on your teammates side..i think McCoy would've said the same thing to Cam Jordan.... oooor to make my point clearer....to any pick at any position. becuase were all on the same team....doesn't mean McCoy wouldn't rather have Jordan or w/e. gotta have a unified unit. not to say he isnt excited . im sure he is. any upgrade on the dline is exciting in his book.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I The Only One? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools