Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I The Only One? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dont believe the hype

Practice Squad

#15 : April 29, 2011, 02:24:32 AM

Cam jordan must of had more red flags than clayborn . We are fans and have to trust in the people that scout the players that come in. Just like i said in another post nobody has a crystal ball.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 29, 2011, 02:53:34 AM

3.5 sacks isn't a hangup; it's a good GPA maybe, but when it comes to sacks it's ugly.

This was explained already. He was told by coaching staff at Iowa this year to be a bull rush contain DE. Iowa lost DT to the NFL and injury so they were forced to play more conservatively this past year.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 29, 2011, 03:09:54 AM

We all keep piping the horn that Iowa switched to a two gap system and told him to play like a 3-4 end.

But still people are like blah blah and ignore it.

Sure good players need to make plays but no one **CENSORED**ed at Richard Seymour for getting 4 sacks in 2005 when he was a two gap.

And this is coming form the SECOND BIGGEST Cam Jordan fan on this board.

Cam Jordan Career Sacks: 17.5
Adrian Clayborn career sacks: 19

I'M PISSED that Cam Jordan went to a divison opponent LIVID, but if we would have taken Cam Jordan, YOU BETTER bet your bottom dollar the saints would have took Clayborn. They brought him in for all kinds of visits.

This we could have got him a round later?!? LOL Seriously...what are you reading? or what are you thinking? or how out of wack is your ego? seriously...

I'm not shocked that the racisits on this board are upset about it. Hes black. Get over it. Our coach is too. Go punish it to Ryan Kerrigan photos another night.

You gotta give Clayborn a chance. I would have given Kerrigan a chance, and believe me I was NOT in love with him. Why cant these people? Why do you have to act like you know better then the people that get PAID to do this? The People that gave you one HELL of a product last season?

It's just ridiculous to me. I dont know why I expected different, I just thought last year would have oppened you people to the light. I remember watching youtube videos about that guy that said "he was disgusted, and offended" by the selection of Josh Freeman. I'm sure I'll be watching those videos about Clayborn in the next few days and a shocker!?!?!? I bet my bottom dollar he proves them wrong. You don't bet against a Dominick pick. Thats almost like betting against a Ted Thompson pick. Who have they missed? Kyle Moore and Justin Harrell?

PATHETIC

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 29, 2011, 03:12:00 AM

I think its fine. With him and McCoy and Price who are nonstop motors it will be good. Jdog looks for any negatives that he can because he hates Morris. So what. We all here support Morris because hes our coach and the players like him. Something that could never be said about Gruden. Go BUCS!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#19 : April 29, 2011, 03:15:25 AM

I love it.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 29, 2011, 05:10:06 AM

We all keep piping the horn that Iowa switched to a two gap system and told him to play like a 3-4 end.

But still people are like blah blah and ignore it.

Sure good players need to make plays but no one **CENSORED**ed at Richard Seymour for getting 4 sacks in 2005 when he was a two gap.

And this is coming form the SECOND BIGGEST Cam Jordan fan on this board.

Cam Jordan Career Sacks: 17.5
Adrian Clayborn career sacks: 19

I'M PISSED that Cam Jordan went to a divison opponent LIVID, but if we would have taken Cam Jordan, YOU BETTER bet your bottom dollar the saints would have took Clayborn. They brought him in for all kinds of visits.

This we could have got him a round later?!? LOL Seriously...what are you reading? or what are you thinking? or how out of wack is your ego? seriously...

I'm not shocked that the racisits on this board are upset about it. Hes black. Get over it. Our coach is too. Go punish it to Ryan Kerrigan photos another night.

You gotta give Clayborn a chance. I would have given Kerrigan a chance, and believe me I was NOT in love with him. Why cant these people? Why do you have to act like you know better then the people that get PAID to do this? The People that gave you one HELL of a product last season?

It's just ridiculous to me. I dont know why I expected different, I just thought last year would have oppened you people to the light. I remember watching youtube videos about that guy that said "he was disgusted, and offended" by the selection of Josh Freeman. I'm sure I'll be watching those videos about Clayborn in the next few days and a shocker!?!?!? I bet my bottom dollar he proves them wrong. You don't bet against a Dominick pick. Thats almost like betting against a Ted Thompson pick. Who have they missed? Kyle Moore and Justin Harrell?

PATHETIC

^^^This^^^

Pretty Much..... ALL OF THIS! ^^^^

I'm right there with you Bro! This guy was a BEAST IN 2009! And I remember watchin the Orange Bowl and thinking how great it would be to get that guy on our team! I'm Very Happy with the Pick!

Buc45

Starter
#21 : April 29, 2011, 06:59:14 AM

Love the pick...Obviously most of the league was not that impressed with Cameron Jordan either...He dropped big time...

PassTheBlount

Practice Squad

#22 : April 29, 2011, 07:04:57 AM

im guessing all the haters did as much research on this guy as DM did

how else can they judge this guy without him even being a buc for more than 24 hours???

Give the guy a chance, hes a 1st round pick for a reason

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 29, 2011, 07:36:22 AM

I wanna know why he's fat with with man boobs. Aren't REs suppose to be kinda chiseled athletes? I know he can't bench press because of his Erbs Palsy, but I hope the Bucs staff gets creative and finds a way to increase his upper body strength and conditioning. Everyone else seems to be in the best shape of their life from preparing for the combine and prodays and trying to make the best possible impression...while Clayborn resembles Warren Sapp. Just curious as to why he didn't feel the need to get into tip top shape.

I'm hoping he proves me wrong, and I'm not going to be overly negative. I'll definitely give him a fair chance to make me a fan, but there are just a list of things I don't feel good about.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#24 : April 29, 2011, 07:45:56 AM

This all screams 09 draft to me when Freeman was the pick. It took a couple days for me to warm up to the idea and understand it. When we first drafted him I wasnt a fan, but after listening to the guy and learning more about him I really started to like him. Then he went out and played some football and made me love him as our QB. Last night, I was not impressed when I saw him on the phone but after watching some interviews and listening to the guy speak, Im already starting to come around (Im sure none of that has to do with that fact that I believe in our front office.....). All I can say now is welcome aboard, and I hope in/after 2 years hes got me feeling the same way about him as I do in Freechise. GO BUCS, HERES TO A GREAT DAY 2

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 29, 2011, 07:51:26 AM

I wanna know why he's fat with with man boobs. Aren't REs suppose to be kinda chiseled athletes? I know he can't bench press because of his Erbs Palsy, but I hope the Bucs staff gets creative and finds a way to increase his upper body strength and conditioning. Everyone else seems to be in the best shape of their life from preparing for the combine and prodays and trying to make the best possible impression...while Clayborn resembles Warren Sapp. Just curious as to why he didn't feel the need to get into tip top shape.

I'm hoping he proves me wrong, and I'm not going to be overly negative. I'll definitely give him a fair chance to make me a fan, but there are just a list of things I don't feel good about.

Simeon Rice distorted the view of RDE's for many Bucs fans, he was a one of a kind work out warrior in the off seasons.  As for conditioning, that is a must to play in Florida, so that concern is real.

I personally don't want Clayborn to focus on working on upper body strength.  I would prefer to see him cross train with resistance training than weight lifting.  Weight lifting has shifted to resistance training in recent years anyways.
: April 29, 2011, 07:53:41 AM alldaway

nitey

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 29, 2011, 07:52:14 AM

I like the pick as well, although I would really like SR or Charlie to ask Dom his thoughts about Cam Jordan. I've watched Clayborn tear up my Wolverines for the last couple of years and I feel he's as much of a football player as Kerrigan was. In fact, I don't think Clayborn is going to be the Rice for us, but I think he can be a productive end along the best years of Chidi. Stout against the run and able to give us between 8 and 10 sacks a year on average. Better than we have right now.

Whether you hate the pick or love the pick, the bottom line is that Clayborn immediately is the best defensive end on our team right now. We improved and that's the important thing to me (and we did it without giving up our 2nd round pick).

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 29, 2011, 07:55:22 AM

Why Cam Jordan slipped is a very interesting question to ponder.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 29, 2011, 08:00:02 AM

The guy may not be the strongest defensive end in this class, but he had the fastest short shuttle time of defensive ends at the combine. Marinelli used to swear that it was the most important of the combine measurables, same with Kiffen. 'Give me a explosive defensive lineman everytime' was something that I remember one or the other said. Clayton is a violent football player that plays every down. Give me those kinds of guys every time.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 29, 2011, 08:04:44 AM

Why Cam Jordan slipped is a very interesting question to ponder.

That was really puzzling to me. When NE was on the clock at 17, I was absolutely sure he would be their pick considering the rumors that they were trying to trade up to Washington's pick to take in that were circulating earlier in the day. When they picked Nate Solder, I about fell out of my chair. Almost every analyst seemed to feel that they could have picked him at 28 or possibly in the 2nd round. So why did NE, which needed a DE, pass on Jordan? That troubled me, still does as it seems like a excellent fit.

When BB passes on someone that is higher rated on the board for someone lower rated, that really makes me go 'hummmm....'

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I The Only One? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools