Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I The Only One? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 29, 2011, 08:15:54 AM

NE didn't need the 5 technique guy, they needed a edge rusher. That pick wasn't much of a shocker actually the fact that he was linked to NE was always a bit bizarre.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 29, 2011, 08:18:26 AM

The value of drafting edge rushers clearly is in the second of this draft today.  Which is no surprise that is how the NE patriots have positioned themselves.  With that said, BB has a history of ignoring the drafting of 3-4 OLB's high.

: April 29, 2011, 08:20:50 AM alldaway

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 29, 2011, 08:23:30 AM

For the record, as great of a DE I think Kerrigan would have been in a 4-3....I think he'll disappoint the Redskins as a 3-4 LB. It's Vernon Gholston all over again. Not every great DE that has the size to play OLB can actually make that transition. Horrible pick by the Redskins imo. Wasted potential. Of course they have a new coach every year or two anyways so maybe they'll go back to a 4-3 soon.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 29, 2011, 08:26:42 AM

The Redskins are always an enigma to be honest, but it is possible they had to change their plans when the run on QB's took place.  Shanny must be steaming about that lol.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 29, 2011, 09:45:42 AM

Why Cam Jordan slipped is a very interesting question to ponder.

That was really puzzling to me. When NE was on the clock at 17, I was absolutely sure he would be their pick considering the rumors that they were trying to trade up to Washington's pick to take in that were circulating earlier in the day. When they picked Nate Solder, I about fell out of my chair. Almost every analyst seemed to feel that they could have picked him at 28 or possibly in the 2nd round. So why did NE, which needed a DE, pass on Jordan? That troubled me, still does as it seems like a excellent fit.

Perhaps it is Jordan's personality that caused him to drop, certainly not a lack of talent. He is a Stylez G. White type jokester, and I can see why we would not want that type of DE. He's going to be a pro, and teams want players who are serious about the game. It is no longer just a game, it's a job. Is the spoiled rich kid going to be serious about football now that it is a 9-5 job? Or will he continue to goof off and eventually underachieve like Stylez?

The patriots always invest heavily on their Oline on draft day, throughout the draft. They are one of the few teams that seems to consistently draft good players in the early rounds. If you look at their recent history, they have drafted CB, OL, LB, SS, RB, etc. They tend to always draft impact players in the first round, regardless of position. Their recent history of drafting pro-bowlers in the 1st round is unmatched. There is much to be learned from studying their drafts if you are a fan of BPA. Not so much if you ascribe to the general "value" ratings per position. They haven't chosen a DLineman in the 1st round since Wolfork in 2004.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#35 : April 29, 2011, 09:48:15 AM

I have learned from history that Dominick has a history of getting the guys he wants at obscure times in the draft but more than often those guys turn out to be studs...I have learned to not question him

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#36 : April 29, 2011, 09:49:06 AM

What puzzled me was the fact that Washington picked Kerrigan over Cam Clayborn and Bowers

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 29, 2011, 09:51:56 AM

Perhaps it is Jordan's personality that caused him to drop, certainly not a lack of talent. He is a Stylez G. White type jokester, and I can see why we would not want that type of DE. He's going to be a pro, and teams want players who are serious about the game. It is no longer just a game, it's a job. Is the spoiled rich kid going to be serious about football now that it is a 9-5 job? Or will he continue to goof off and eventually underachieve like Stylez?

how is jordans personality different from mccoys?  ive never heard jordans personality viewed in a negative light.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 29, 2011, 10:14:43 AM

The value of drafting edge rushers clearly is in the second of this draft today.  Which is no surprise that is how the NE patriots have positioned themselves.  With that said, BB has a history of ignoring the drafting of 3-4 OLB's high.
So who do you want? Names, names! Let's get stoked!

In Verner We Trust

smove28

Starter

#39 : April 29, 2011, 10:50:36 AM

I wanna know why he's fat with with man boobs. Aren't REs suppose to be kinda chiseled athletes? I know he can't bench press because of his Erbs Palsy, but I hope the Bucs staff gets creative and finds a way to increase his upper body strength and conditioning. Everyone else seems to be in the best shape of their life from preparing for the combine and prodays and trying to make the best possible impression...while Clayborn resembles Warren Sapp. Just curious as to why he didn't feel the need to get into tip top shape.

I'm hoping he proves me wrong, and I'm not going to be overly negative. I'll definitely give him a fair chance to make me a fan, but there are just a list of things I don't feel good about.

Yup plenty of guys that can't play a lick, let's see Tony Mandarich looked great, Ryan Leaf was chiseled, Jamarcus Russell looked like a greek statue the night he was drafted, etc, etc, etc.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 29, 2011, 11:02:21 AM

wow I was drunk lol Apologize to everybody, including Jdog.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 29, 2011, 11:05:07 AM

I am okay with the choice.  I know what I see.

The one thing I am disconcerted about is the Dominik interviews.

Here is why.

I think there is too much emphasis placed on his work to the community in Des Moines, his being elected to Team Captain status, twice.  These are good things, but there is not much talk about him as a football player, aside from the things a joe schlep like muyself has stated.  He hustles, he does not have a bad gear.  He is tough as hell.  He goes gangbusters.

But his lack of production as a senior is disconcerting, and is truly the only dent in his suit of steel.

Dominik really kept mentioning these things, and it almost appears that he is addressing the character concerns regarding the team to an overt extent.  I think winning cures all ills, and the coach is responsible for handling these matters.  He is trying to sell tickets, which is fine, but at the expense of winning V. character concerns.  The blackouts are really screwing with their heads (the F.O.).  Of course it will, but win games baby!  The fans will come if you put up another 10 wins, regardless of team character issues, IMO. 

Sell winning.  The team will enjoy watching Clayborn play, watch his motor.  That is fine.  I got that from watching youtube videos for hours on end.

His lack of production is really disturbing (Clayborn).  That is the only concern, and I am not worried about the the Erbs.  He has dealt with it his whole life, it might even be an advantadge in regards to how he initially attacks.

The worse case scenario is that he ends up like that dude from 300...give me some credit...

Go Bucs!

Lack of production is only disturbing if you measure that by sack numbers.

Or - as Boid correctly points out - perhaps the lack of sacks is a great indication of inconsistency...from a SENIOR.

Especially when that senior is coming off an incredible Junior season.

See, guys who know they're going to be drafted - usually have big seasons...because they know it will mean MONEY.

Boid didn't say he didn't like Clayborn. He said he did like the pick.

He didn't say he was angry, he said he was concerned - as am I - that we drafted a RDE to play LDE.

AND we used a first round draft pick to do it.

The guy has one arm shorter than the other, he has a serious, incurable, nerve condition that may have flared last season to affect his ability to contribute.

We like the kid - we're just concerned that while we believe he could make an immediate, positive, impact on the community - he won't be what our team desperately needs...a pass-rushing fool of a DE.

hope that 'splains it for ya'!

Incomparable sig by Incognito

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 29, 2011, 11:07:25 AM

, he has a serious, incurable, nerve condition that may have flared last season to affect his ability to contribute.

im no doctor, but im pretty sure erbs palsy doesnt flare up. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 29, 2011, 11:25:58 AM

For the record, as great of a DE I think Kerrigan would have been in a 4-3....I think he'll disappoint the Redskins as a 3-4 LB. It's Vernon Gholston all over again. Not every great DE that has the size to play OLB can actually make that transition. Horrible pick by the Redskins imo. Wasted potential. Of course they have a new coach every year or two anyways so maybe they'll go back to a 4-3 soon.

I agree with this analysis - and while I think Kerrigan could have offered immediate impact as a 4-3 LDE, I don't know how much upside he'll have? There was some late analysis suggesting that Kerrigan would be average amongst NFL talent. I don't know if it's accurate - but my enthusiasm for Kerrigan cooled a bit.

Interestingly, I started out more critical of Clayborn - but began to come around to him as time went on. Not my favorite pick - but of the one of the better DE's that were still available.

Seemed to me that the 4-3 DE's went pretty early.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 29, 2011, 11:27:40 AM

Dominik said clearly that Clayborn will be our RDE.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I The Only One? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools