Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOMINIK ADDRESSES BOWERS' KNEE INJURY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: April 29, 2011, 10:43:24 PM

Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik believed the risk-reward ratio for Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers was too good to pass up in the second round of the 2011 draft. Dominik discussed the specifics of Bowers' injured knee with the media after making the pick.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=6931

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 29, 2011, 11:01:26 PM

You guys who voted Clayborn over Cam Jordan are damn liars.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 29, 2011, 11:10:26 PM

The fact that this is a torn meniscus causing all the fuss seems a bit odd. I mean that's a no-brainer of an injury. If it is true that there's no degenerative quality and no need for further surgery then that's huge because that says no microfracture work and no arthritis.

Now while they do expect him to play,, they don't sound sure of when in 2011 which, if it is just a meniscus, sounds awfully odd because he should be ready for camp if they're scoping the knee so I'm not sure what the reality is in this.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 29, 2011, 11:17:19 PM

Sounds like Dominik has put his head on a scope with this draft.

Clayborn is solid, if unspectacular.  He is strong, he is durable.

Bowers is so attractive for som many reasons.  However, teams have passed him by over and over.  And he lands in the Bucs laps...but that doesn't mean he is good to go.  His word is on his bank account.  The Tampa Docs have cleared him, but for what?

I am getting more worried about this, merely because he was a top caliber pick, and he fell to 51...long fall.  Sexy as all hell...but he better hit the field this year.  Otherwise, it is a dumb pick.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 29, 2011, 11:24:16 PM

Did that interview make anyone feel any better about this pick? I think I feel worse. Dom didn't necessarily sound all that sure about a number of things.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 29, 2011, 11:25:04 PM

Amazing that Wednesday I prayed that the Bucs wouldnt pick Bowers or Clayborn at #20.

And somehow we ended up with both.

What a freakin disaster this is going to be. Reports are that ortho doctors are saying Bowers knee is not going to get better. Many teams completely took him off their draft boards. This guy probably would have fallen to the 4th round.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 29, 2011, 11:25:58 PM

I am getting more worried about this,

after cam jordan in the first, who would you have drafted at 51 and 84?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 29, 2011, 11:28:16 PM

Amazing that Wednesday I prayed that the Bucs wouldnt pick Bowers or Clayborn at #20.

What a freakin disaster this is going to be. Reports are that ortho doctors are saying Bowers knee is not going to get better. Many teams completely took him off their draft boards. This guy probably would have fallen to the 4th round.

Well if you didn't like the picks, that makes me feel better now.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 29, 2011, 11:28:25 PM

right on cue to start worrying and complaining.  who would you have picked at 20 and 51?

and why do you put more stock into other teams ortho doctors than the Bucs orthos?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 29, 2011, 11:29:33 PM

Our tampa doctors have worked wonders before and Dom promised we would use him the best way we could.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 29, 2011, 11:30:40 PM

Many teams completely took him off their draft boards.

Link?  I've seen where one (unidentified) team did - but thats BS.  If hes there in the 5th round (wouldn't happen) anyone would've taken him.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 29, 2011, 11:32:53 PM

I might have considered many things, but Bowers has slid very far for a reason.  His knee might be good to go....according to him and Tampa Team Docs.  But according to many many other teams, his knee was crap.  Gotta take the odds and be worried.

I would have taken Jordan 1, you got that right.

And at 3, I am fine with Mason Foster.  It addresses a need the Bucs have.  And it does it nicely.  Whether he pans out or not is to be seen, but the idea is solid.

The Bowers pick is just scary.  And good at the same time. 

I would have taken myself out of the lineup for Bowers. But I am hoping to be dead wrong!  cannot argue with it...my buddy said it was a good pick and he would have taken it.  Now, I agreed to some extent, but I am allowed to be worried.  I am merely a poor fan.  Gonna be interesting to see what becomes of this...who knows if Bowers isn't head and shoulders better than Adrian?  It could be.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 29, 2011, 11:35:20 PM

Think of it this way...what if we passed on bowers and then the **CENSORED**ing EAGLES nabbed him and turned him into a beast.....COULD YOU LIVE WITH THAT??

We may not get much out of him but id rather we experement with him andd have him working for US than the god damn Falcons, saints or Pats! Atleeast We could be the ones to fix him and not our enemies!!
: April 29, 2011, 11:37:27 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 29, 2011, 11:35:45 PM

You are missing the point.

Why are we taking these risks? We can't afford to be drafting high risk picks. This team does not use free agency. The only way this team improves is through the draft. We need to be drafting solid guys that dont have all these medical problems. These are very, very, very high risk picks that didnt need to be made.

If Bruce Allen was making them, you would be trashing him.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 29, 2011, 11:38:28 PM

cyberdude - who are the solid picks you would have made in rounds 1, 2, and 3?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOMINIK ADDRESSES BOWERS' KNEE INJURY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools