Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOMINIK ADDRESSES BOWERS' KNEE INJURY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 29, 2011, 11:41:54 PM

We may not get much out of him but id rather we experement with him andd have him working for US than the god damn Falcons, saints or Pats! Atleeast We could be the ones to fix him and not our enemies!!

May not get much out of him? Jesus man. A few years ago you ran Gruden and Allen out of town because he drafted a 2nd round bust in Dexter Jackson. Now Dominik drafts a glaring knee problem in round 2 and if it doesn't work out it's no big deal?

A 2nd round pick is suppsoed to be a long-term starter! It's not supposed to be a GOD DAMN EXPERIMENT! And then you got people saying the best we might get out of him is 4 years? Really? This is a horrible, horrible pick.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 29, 2011, 11:43:15 PM

I might have considered many things, but Bowers has slid very far for a reason.  His knee might be good to go....according to him and Tampa Team Docs.  But according to many many other teams, his knee was crap.  Gotta take the odds and be worried.

I would have taken Jordan 1, you got that right.

And at 3, I am fine with Mason Foster.  It addresses a need the Bucs have.  And it does it nicely.  Whether he pans out or not is to be seen, but the idea is solid.

The Bowers pick is just scary.  And good at the same time. 

I would have taken myself out of the lineup for Bowers. But I am hoping to be dead wrong!  cannot argue with it...my buddy said it was a good pick and he would have taken it.  Now, I agreed to some extent, but I am allowed to be worried.  I am merely a poor fan.  Gonna be interesting to see what becomes of this...who knows if Bowers isn't head and shoulders better than Adrian?  It could be.

Morris is not scared of the pick at all.

HolderStephen Stephen Holder
#Bucs coach Raheem Morris on Bowers risk: "You cant play or coach this game with fear, and we refuse to do that in this organization."
3 hours ago

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 29, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

Dude, MOrris said he was actually rolling the dice with Bowers...
True.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 29, 2011, 11:46:23 PM

odd, cyberdude will bash and bash away at these picks.  but he wont step up and state who would have been better...

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 29, 2011, 11:47:47 PM

We can fix him man, screw the consensus! Did the consensus think freeman was gonna be a good QB? No! Obviously his knee issues are blown outa proportion. and as i said, This guy was a potention top first round pick...what if another team grabbed him and he was fine?? It made since to take him and avoid that, because now we have him playing for US!

I like how you claim to know more than our doctors.cyber.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 29, 2011, 11:48:30 PM

Think of it this way...what if we passed on bowers and then the **CENSORED**ing EAGLES nabbed him and turned him into a beast.....COULD YOU LIVE WITH THAT??

We may not get much out of him but id rather we experement with him andd have him working for US than the god damn Falcons, saints or Pats! Atleeast We could be the ones to fix him and not our enemies!!
Flipping your argument, the Eagles, Pats and Falcons all passed on him, and were within their rights to take him.

And if he fails, to further enunciate what I am saying, if he bombs out or cannot hit the field quickly, and for a while, then what you get is giant fail that couldhave been the Eagles, Pats, or Falcons.

Of course, I do not know.  I will wait and see what happens.  I like the IDEA that he could be better than our #1...

Again, this draft has been the Shawshank Redemption...filled with hope if nothing else.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 29, 2011, 11:50:25 PM

Sure they were both risks, but high reward risks that fixes a need that we needed to address badly. The worst year in sacks in as long as buc fans can remember will make you take some risks. Especially when there was really nobody there. I probably would have taken Jordan but Im not upset with the Clayborn pick. He plays nasty and tough like Jordan too. Bowers was supposed to be a top 5 pick but the knee was an issue as everybody knows. Him falling to us with that need was like a match made in heaven for the bucs and Bowers. The guy gets healthy and when that does it could be a very good pick for us. I think they will be patient with him and not force him into the lineup. I like the picks and I certainly didnt yell at the tv thinking they were horrible picks at all.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 29, 2011, 11:53:31 PM

By all accounts from our staff, we will not play him untill he is healthy and will be played when necesarry. Bold, Bowers says the knee is getting better. As a person with a disability too, these things get blown WAY out of context by the people who worry about you. Dom and Rah say they can maximise his knee, so why not try it and be pumped?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 29, 2011, 11:55:32 PM

The Dexter comparison to Bowers is a huge fail   Dexter never did squat.  Even if Bowers was a beast for only 4 years its still light years ahead of the Dexter pick.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#24 : April 29, 2011, 11:55:54 PM

Are people whining about the risk of a guy with this much talent at the 51st pick? This is a guy with top 5 talent. For a team with no pass rush, taking a chance on a guy like that with the 51st pick is a no brainer. It's not like we passed on someone who will be a sure fire good NFL players. If Bowers' knee turns out bad, it's not like we ruined a first round pick. If he pans out, we may have a Pro Bowl DE.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 29, 2011, 11:57:48 PM

By all accounts from our staff, we will not play him untill he is healthy and will be played when necesarry. Bold, Bowers says the knee is getting better. As a person with a disability too, these things get blown WAY out of context by the people who worry about you. Dom and Rah say they can maximise his knee, so why not try it and be pumped?
Did you read what I posted?

I have stated I am worried, but happy with the pick.

I understand it addresses a need the BUcs have.

But if he bombs out, if McCoy and Price do not do better, and they certainly should do better based onwhat I saw, and if Clayborn gets pwned by O-linemen...well...

Dominik will look awfully shady as a GM.

We'll see what happens.

For the record, I think passing on Cam Jordan was a giant blunder.  But I was not opposed to Clayborn.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 30, 2011, 12:03:43 AM

We can fix him man, screw the consensus! Did the consensus think freeman was gonna be a good QB? No! Obviously his knee issues are blown outa proportion. and as i said, This guy was a potention top first round pick...what if another team grabbed him and he was fine?? It made since to take him and avoid that, because now we have him playing for US!

I like how you claim to know more than our doctors.cyber.

I dont know more than the doctors and never said that I did. That's why I've been quoting them. On NFL Total Access they said the consensus among most team doctors was that his knee is blown, won't get better, not suitable for the long-term, and would not be good for an entire game.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 30, 2011, 12:05:32 AM

Did you read what I posted?

I have stated I am worried, but happy with the pick.

I understand it addresses a need the BUcs have.

But if he bombs out, if McCoy and Price do not do better, and they certainly should do better based onwhat I saw, and if Clayborn gets pwned by O-linemen...well...

Dominik will look awfully shady as a GM.

We'll see what happens.

For the record, I think passing on Cam Jordan was a giant blunder.  But I was not opposed to Clayborn.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 30, 2011, 12:07:27 AM

cyberdude keeps posting, but wont offer up his better alternative.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bashear

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 30, 2011, 12:17:07 AM

The Dexter comparison to Bowers is a huge fail   Dexter never did squat.  Even if Bowers was a beast for only 4 years its still light years ahead of the Dexter pick.
I agree that the comparison is poor, as Jackson seemed to be a developmental WR who would earn his keep early by returning kicks, a job he was grotesquely inadequate at. Really, I can't name anybody worse in the return game than Dexter...ever. Bowers was a beast at his position, he fell because of his medical condition.

Now, I'm more cautious than the Bucs' front office, and I worry about Bowers' future. I can understand the arguments of those who say that at the 51st pick (or whatever), he was too good to pass up. That's not my feeling, but I could be wrong..again.

Bowers was a standout player and is a noted risk taken in the second..Dexter Jackson was more similar to an Oakland Raiders' pick that nobody else in the league was thinking of drafting in the next round or two (well, maybe Oakland was).
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOMINIK ADDRESSES BOWERS' KNEE INJURY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools