Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOMINIK ADDRESSES BOWERS' KNEE INJURY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 30, 2011, 12:33:25 AM

Come on Boid, cyberdude is raging. That more than enough of an endorsement of a great draft for me.

And we know that the Bucs do their homework. They knew EXACTLY what they were getting in Freeman, to the extent that they went out of their way to make 100% sure that we got him even though it was very unlikely that anyone else would have taken him anyways. And they looked very hard at Mike Williams before drafting him as well. That's the reason I'm not even remotely worried about Clayborn(they were unanimously in favor of him...that says a lot), and it's the same reason I'm pretty optimistic about Bowers as well. I don't know if they put as much research into him since they probably didn't expect him to be around, but I doubt they're just guessing here.

Besides, I read somewhere else that WE actually came out and said he had a bone on bone injury and might never play again...you think we'd take a guy like that in the 2nd round? It's pretty obvious that the injuries were definitely exaggerated to some extent, probably to get him to drop to us. What that extent is we don't really know, but if we get 6-8 great years out of him I'd be more than happy with that. Not every pick we make will be a 10+ year guy anyways.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#31 : April 30, 2011, 12:34:36 AM

Clemson coach on ESPNU now

Says its not a major injury, that he played 7 games with it and that Tampa just got the steal of the draft

bashear

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 30, 2011, 12:38:49 AM

Clemson coach on ESPNU now

Says its not a major injury, that he played 7 games with it and that Tampa just got the steal of the draft
True or not, I like to hear this kind of talk.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 30, 2011, 12:47:40 AM

We've had Kellen for two years now, no problem. We can handle players with knee problems

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 30, 2011, 12:56:04 AM

I just dont get it.

People are concerned about an injury that he played with, and actually played really well. IF he only can give us 4 good years, thats fine. His contract will be up and we'll draft again. No different than signing a Free Agent for 4 years.

Ask any draft analyst. The risk isn't that he won't be able to play, the risk is he might not be a 2 contract guy.

But he just might

JDog

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 30, 2011, 12:57:41 AM

We can handle players with knee problems

How well did they handle Keith McCants?   This knee problem is identical to his.   He was a wasted pick.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 30, 2011, 12:58:48 AM

We can handle players with knee problems

How well did they handle Keith McCants?   This knee problem is identical to his.   He was a wasted pick.
they don't work here anymore. You're about 20 years behind

JDog

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 30, 2011, 01:04:32 AM

There isn't a better example.   And I'm right in the present because I am talking about Bowers' knee.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 30, 2011, 01:07:01 AM

if we could fix K2's knee i think we can fix his. =p

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 30, 2011, 01:08:59 AM

Horrible example Jdog. Totally different generation. No wonder you hate morris. Still living back in the day. Sorry old man.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 30, 2011, 01:10:35 AM

I didn't realize humans were different when McCants played.    Thanks for the revelation that the human species has totally evolved into a new creature since then.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 30, 2011, 01:22:41 AM

I didn't realize humans were different when McCants played.    Thanks for the revelation that the human species has totally evolved into a new creature since then.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/InfectiousDisease/PublicHealth/17594

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 30, 2011, 01:24:19 AM

Basically, get him 100% healthy or don't play him at all. They should've took that stance last year before Brian Price went IR for the year just four weeks into the season. We can't rush this dude's treatment, period.

Price and Bowers are the main concerns and are the wildcards of this DLINE to put it over the top.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 30, 2011, 01:26:55 AM

Bowers was only a junior this past season, so even if they shelved him for a whole season to rehab, it would still be a major coup on the Bucs part considering where they drafted him.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 30, 2011, 01:33:25 AM

No... but modern medicine is.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOMINIK ADDRESSES BOWERS' KNEE INJURY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools